I need new sneakers!

• Hi Chickies!

Right now I am walking in my beat up old purple sketcher Runners. I'm increasing my speed and I'm even doing a light jog, if I'm feeling spunky. But lately my shins and feet have been achy and I think it's time to get new shoes. Any suggestions on brands and styles?

~Carlie
  • I find that New balance are light and comfortable. Skechers are stylish, but they offer little support. If you are starting to have pain, that is a sure sign you need a new shoe. I have heard good things from my running friends about Asics. My fave is New Balance..
  • My husband's been a runner for over 20 years and he likes Nikes, but they are one of the few companies who carry his size--15!!. We call him Bigfoot. I have also used Nikes and Reeboks (again because they carry my size--12).

Keep on going!!
  • I have a pair of Ryka shoes that I love. I use to be an Avia fan, but that line isn't around anymore.
  • Another New Balance fan here!
  • I also love Ryka...they are made for women. I have very flat feet and they make a running shoe called Stability KM and I just love it. Feels like I am running on pillows. I just bought a pair last week. I just replaced old ones with the new style. Took me a lot of tries before I found a pair that I like. Good luck in your search!
  • Thanks Chickies!

I am going to go to the mall tonight and check out prices and styles. It's good to know some brands that I can specifially ask for!

~Carlie
  • Where can you find Rykas? I am flat footed also and have trouble finding shoes that work well on my feet
  • I got my Rykas at Lady Foot Locker. They have a website www.ladyfootlocker.com. Enter your zip code and it will give you a list of stores. Or you can go to www.ryka.com and find a list of Ryka dealers.