The Master Cleanse

• I have heard so much about this cleanse both pros and cons. I have friends coming in to town to see me after a year of time apart and I have packed on the pounds since then. Ive tried every thing and I feel like my weight loss is incredibly slow and I get discouraged quickly. Anyway ive seen videos and read about people losing a bunch of weight fast with the cleanse. some say the keep it off and others gain it back. Im on day 8 and so far ive lost 11 lbs and i have 6 more days to go. Im just worried of gaining everything back. Has anyone tried it? can anyone tell me what to expect?
  • So we don't support the master cleanse here as it isn't considered healthy and it doesn't support maintainable weight loss. A good deal of the weight you lose is water weight as well as absence of digestive matter. Many people find that it triggers a binge/restrict cycle (the 'cleanse' being the restrict cycle) which can result in someone gaining more weight than they have lost.

Personally, I'd ease yourself off of it and look towards habits that will help you maintain you create a path towards lifelong, sustainable weight loss and maintenance.