The release program

• Has any one used the "Release Program" supplements sold by GNC?
  • Release
    I was just bumping this up. Strangely enough, I'm also from Nebraska and was researching to see if anyone else on here had any success with it (or had even heard of it).
  • Huh...I have never heard of it until now, and GNC doesn't list it on their regular website. However I googled and found the website...

I'm looking at the ingredients and HONESTLY, there isn't anything new here. I see they claim that their "morning" product will "eliminate unwanted fat from your stomach, hips, thighs, back, and arms". That's a red flag to me right there...since you can't spot reduce, short of liposuction. When fat comes off, it's up to the body as to where it 'takes' the fat from (my personal experience has been "first on, last off" and vice versa). Both the morning and afternoon pills look pretty much the same - note that the first ingredient listed on both is CAFFIENE which will give most people an energy boost (of course there are plenty of cheaper sources for it).

Release Morning:
    Caffeine, Magnesium Salicylate, Theobromine, Guarana, Synephrine, Guggelsterones, Yohimbine 4.5 mg, Hypercium (Using St. Johns Wort @ .3%), B12

Release Afternoon:
    Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, Magnesium Salicylate, Theobromine, Guarana, Synephrine, Guggelsterones, Yohimbine 3 mg, Hypercium (Using St. John's Wort @ .3%, Vitamin B12

Release Evening:
    Citrin K, Psyllium Husk (main ingredient in METAMUCIL!), Valerian Root, Ho Shou Wu, Turkey Rhubarb, Cascara Segrada, Senna Extract (laxative - same stuff as is used in those "dieter's teas"), Piper Nigrum

Censor:
    Proprietary Blend of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid), ALA (Alpha Linoleic Acid), EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid), DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid), Omega 3-6-9 Blend

Then they're pushing a whey protein powder and a woman's multi.

I don't know how much it costs, but I'll bet it's more than the stuff is worth! And if you *do* decide to go for it...keep in mind that St. John's Wort is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, and on the other hand it can also reduce the effectiveness of your birth control pill.
  • Tried it...
    It's a lot of taking pills and yes if I remember was around $150. Didn't see any difference taking it other than regularity. Honestly, it's like all the other supplemental programs, you have to eat healthy and exercise to see results. Just my 2 cents worth.