chromium ?

• has anyone had success using chromium for stabilizing blood sugar levels,
  • bump

what, no one at all has anything to say about chromium and blood sugar ?

or any other, insulin resistance help, anything ...?
  • I looked it up. Here's the link. What does your doctor say?
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_...um-supplements
  • Well you asked if anyone had success using chromium. I did use it few years ago in hopes to reduce my cravings for sweets. It did not work for me. I did not feel any difference.
  • You might get better feedback in the diabetic or the PCOS forums.

I have used it, still use it and whether it's placebo or not, or the various other supplements I take, I think it helped me.

But I have IR and it was either THAT or Metformin.

Additionally, it also depends on the kind of Chromium you're taking -- chelated or piccolinate -- and the dosage.
  • I tried chromium picolinate years ago when it was the rage, and saw no results from it. I do believe it can help people with blood sugar issues, but for general weight loss I didn't personally find it effective.
  • Quote: has anyone had success using chromium for stabilizing blood sugar levels,
    I am using chromium now, the brand name I used is called Sensa, I first heard about it Sensa through Dr. Oz. I have been using the product for 3 weeks now. I tend to crave sugar when I am hungry. My cravings have reduced since shortly after I started using Sensa, may be the product is working. Although Sensa claims to use flavour enhancers, I don't taste anything. The only ingredient I see listed on the box is chromium. The next time I buy the chromium I would buy it from another vitaman or suppliment supplier. Sensa is expensive, I paid roughly $40 for a two pack of the sweet and salt packages. But I can easily buy the same quantity for a third of the price, I would just have to crush the chromium tablets myself so I could also sprinkle this on my food. The only reason I think Sensa works is because you need to sprinkle the product on each meals. Given the packaging is easy to carry around, and resembles a salt and shaker top, it is easy to sprinkle it on food versus remember to take a tablet 2 to 3 times a day. Good luck too you!