Nike Fuel Band

• Does anyone use the Nike Fuel Band? I am seriously considering purchasing one but I'm not sure if it will benefit me or just be another gadget I toss aside after a while. I have 16 more pounds to lose. Thoughts?
  • I ordered the band. I will try to get my $150 worth out of it. It should arrive tomorrow.
  • I just ran across the Nike Fuel Band on the internet yesterday and want one. I use a pedometer daily, but I think I would get more use out of the band. Please update us after you get it and have some time to use it. Thanks!
  • Will do. It should arrive on Tuesday.
  • My boyfriend bought me one a few weeks ago and I wear it 24/7. It motivates me to keep moving to meet my daily "fuel" target on those days when I get home from work, dog tired but still a few hundred points away from goal. I tried traditional pedometers in the past but would get frustrated by how inaccurate they were, lose or forget to wear them. I don't even have to think about the fuel band...it's just like a bracelet. Highly recommended!
  • I have been wearing the band for a week now and these are the things I like about it...
    1. Easy to wear. It is non-intrusive. I don't remember I have it on but since it is on my wrist, I don't fear that I will drop it or wash it by mistake. I take it off only to charge it while I am watching television.
    2. I always thought I was a morning person but now that I see my graph for the day, it seems my "spark" comes around 2:00pm. I never noticed an increase in activity at that time of day but hey, I now have proof.
    3. It motivates me to move as tamiam said, I set my goals and I can see (when I sync with my iPad or check the band) that I have not reached my Fuel goal or my steps goal, I feel like doing more so that I can make up the few steps. So far I have only reached my goal once, which let me know that I am below the activity level that I would like to reach. It makes me want to do more.
    4. It looks like a bracelet so people don't really know what it is or why you are wearing it. That stealthiness in itself limits comments about weight loss but helps me to feel confident that I am doing something good for myself throughout the day. I can tap the button and have immediate feedback that I am on track to a healthier me.
  • Thanks for the replies. I wear a pedometer every day, but that gets old if you don't have a pocket or wearing a dress. Trying to talk my husband into getting me one.
    ImImporttant-I washed my first one because I forgot to take it out of my pocket and it wasn't a cheap one
  • After being bombarded with banner ads for this thing for some reason I went ahead and clicked through to check it out... Looks pretty cool, even if it does seems a little bit "gimmicky" and of course now I want one...