3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   No No Hair Remover - Have You Tried It? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/257326-no-no-hair-remover-have-you-tried.html)

cbmare 04-19-2012 05:00 PM

No No Hair Remover - Have You Tried It?

It looks interesting. Have you used it? If so, are you consistent? I'm really considering it for my chiny chin chin.

http://www.my-no-no.com/

threenorns 04-19-2012 05:04 PM

i'm cheap - i make my own.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/anc...-sugaring.html

cbmare 04-19-2012 05:38 PM

I'd love to know what you do. However, this isn't a cream or dibilatory type product. It is laser.

XLMuffnTop 04-19-2012 05:41 PM

I bought it, have it but honestly don't like it on my chin. I find for my stupid, ridiculously dark and thick PCOS hair, I have to let it grow to a point to be noticeable for the No!No! to work. Second, I have a very hard time making it work for the contours of my jawline. You're supposed to keep it at a 90 degree angle and the little blue light should stay lit.

I don't know if I'm just not talented enough or what but it just doesn't work for me. My face is the only reason I wanted to try it as I'm fine with any other method for hair removal under my arms or on my legs. I will likely take advantage of their return policy and get my money back and look into electrolysis. :(

XLMuffnTop 04-19-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbmare (Post 4300906)
I'd love to know what you do. However, this isn't a cream or dibilatory type product. It is laser.

It's not quite a laser. There's a little wire on the head that your hair has to be long enough to touch. It basically burns the visible hair and is suppose to affect the root (not long term like electrolysis) to make hair finer and grow slower. There's a bunch of jargon on their website regarding it that I'm too lazy to look into.

Because it does burn the hair, it causes a slight funky singed odor while you're using it but it's not bad, just light a candle.

My only point being, it's not like TRIA.

threenorns 04-19-2012 05:44 PM

oh - laser - it looks like a pink bottle on the site.

i went in for laser and they said i'm not a good candidate. =P

that was a bit depressing.

XLMuffnTop 04-19-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threenorns (Post 4300913)

No!No! says it can be used on darker skin and blonde hair, not like usual lasers. A lot have given it glowing reviews so maybe I'm an anomaly. If you have the money to try it and don't mind potentially taking advantage of their return policy, it's not a bad idea to give it a whirl.

cbmare 04-19-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 4300912)
It's not quite a laser. There's a little wire on the head that your hair has to be long enough to touch. It basically burns the visible hair and is suppose to affect the root (not long term like electrolysis) to make hair finer and grow slower. There's a bunch of jargon on their website regarding it that I'm too lazy to look into.

Because it does burn the hair, it causes a slight funky singed odor while you're using it but it's not bad, just light a candle.

My only point being, it's not like TRIA.

Thanks. I didn't know how to describe it. You did it quite well.

What is TRIA?

cbmare 04-19-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threenorns (Post 4300913)

I didn't know that people wouldn't be good candidates for laser hair removal. That is interesting.

cbmare 04-19-2012 06:23 PM

Muffin, thank you so much for your candor. I'm getting tired of paying for waxing, even at the nearby beauty college. I have some wax that I can use at home but it is a pain in the patoot. I guess I'll just have to buckle down and start waxing at home.

MariaMaria 04-19-2012 06:32 PM

Once you get used to it, DIY waxing is pretty fast.

threenorns 04-19-2012 07:04 PM

same as home-made body sugaring - with the bonus that if the kid eats it, it's not a big deal unless you're halfway through one leg and have unexpectedly and inexplicably run out.

cbmare 04-19-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threenorns (Post 4300982)
same as home-made body sugaring - with the bonus that if the kid eats it, it's not a big deal unless you're halfway through one leg and have unexpectedly and inexplicably run out.

:lol3:

XLMuffnTop 04-19-2012 10:45 PM

TRIA is an at-home laser hair removal system. It is pretty expensive and can only be used for so long. There's no way to give it more use after so many light pulses.
http://www.amazon.com/TRIA-Hair-Remo...4889705&sr=8-1

I'm dissatisfied with all hair removal methods, including waxing. Mine is just so thick and dark and my skin is light. Bleaching burns my skin and my hair is so thick, even blonde it's noticeable. I have to let the hair get too long to wax, depilatories I have to use multiple times a week. Laser is expensive and isn't permanent. No!No! was my last step before electrolysis. Basically, I've got to suck it up and shell out the big bucks to just be done with it. My only problem now is I can't seem to find a reputable electrologist in my town.

ETA: If you can't tell, I've done a lot of research on hair removal.

PS: If you're going to do waxing at home, I prefer the Gigi Brazilian hard wax over the cream waxes. I wax my under arms because shaving causes the most ridiculous red bumps/ingrown hairs. They're so bad they've left scars!

cbmare 04-20-2012 12:36 PM

Muffin, you have done exhaustive research! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I don't shave my legs or under my arms anymore. Since I broke down the door to menopause, the hair on my legs and under arms has quit growing. Now we all know that it has to go somewhere. I have determined that because of menopause, my mid section has spread. This is very very common in menopausal women. Well, now you know where all that hair has gone. That is NOT fat in my midsection. It is a big hairball.