Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

I've seen the acv supplements in pill form. Does anyone think that these work as well as regular acv or should I just stick to acv on my salads?
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyKat35 View Post
Be sure to mix your ACV in bottled distilled or spring water, as the chemicals in regular water diminish the nutrients in the ACV. I read this on one of those home remedies type of sites a few months ago.

This is utter nonsense. Distilled water is not recommended as drinking water as it can, at least in theory leach minerals from the body.

Spring water may or may not have any more or fewer minerals than ordinary tap water.

Drinking bottled water is only safer or healthier than ordinary tap water if you live in an area with unsafe water. Your local health department can tell you about what is in your local water supply both before and after it is treated.

Your body has no trouble using the nutrients in any food whether the nutrients come in with, or dissolved in ordinary tap water.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

This thread got me thinking, I got some ACV a while back to mix with grapefruit juice but gave it up realizing I was using up 100+ calories from my allotment by drinking the juice. This evening with dinner, I tried putting 2T ACV in my bottle of perrier which I love anyways, but it came out so good! It wasn't tart or strong, it just added a little sweetness and flavor to the water. I think I will have to make this every night now.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I vastly prefer red wine vinegar to cider vinegar, and the web MD article linked above actually mention white vinegar as bestowing some of the proported benefits. Does it matter between white, red wine or apple cider?
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #35  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I've been taking ACV and coconut oil everyday for the health benefits for quite some time. I decided stop the ACV for a while because it was lowering my blood pressure too much to the point where I got lightheaded.

I miss my ACV & fresh lemon water drink in the morning, but I am feeling much better since my blood pressure back to normal.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #36  

Funny, I'm on a plan that doesn't allow vinegar because it slows weight-loss... so they claim.

Last edited by cocoisfit; 07-13-2013 at 11:38 AM.
cocoisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #37  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I use ACV for all kinds of things. Dilute and mix with fresh veggies for a salad.

Full strength, add 1/2 cup salt and Dawn dish soap a great weed killer!

1 cup ACV, 1/3 cup lemon juice, add water to fill 16 oz spray bottle, great cleaner!

Add 1/4 cup to each load in your dishwasher! No spots or water marks!

I also add 1/2 cup of ACV in my washer when I do laundry. We are allergic to scented detergent and softeners. The ACV, gets the clothes cleaner and leave them nice and soft!

Vinegar has a lot of great uses, however, it, like a lot of other "miracle" cures, will not take the place of eating healthy and exercising to the best of your ability.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #38  

I really hate the taste of acv idk how everyone here manages it! I love coconut oil and use it for everything!
ninjasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

I have used ACV in the mornings with half a glass of hot water, and a teaspoon of pure honey and drink it like a tea. It tastes pretty good, and I think I should probably go back to drinking it.

What does it do?? Well, some studies say it aids in weight loss, that it does xyz... and honestly, I think it is just up to the persons body as to what it actually does.

I remember back in the day when I was just a freshman in high school, my grandma got a book on vinegar and its many uses. It covered regular o'l vinegar, and the apple cider vinegar. All I can say is, she thought vinegar was the answer to everything (just like Windex in MBFGW).
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:33 PM   #40  

i dont know about coconut oil but yea certainly APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
freedom lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:35 PM   #41  

i think apple cider is the best, ill try the red though ,,should be interesting if it works
freedom lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #42  

I drink ACV with green tea every morning & every evening & the results are great - love my waist & skin in particular
Kay8701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 05:05 AM   #43  

Everyone's experience with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and coconut oil can vary. Some claim benefits, but scientific evidence is limited. It's best to consult a professional, as individual results may differ." Remember, it's important to consult healthcare professionals before making significant changes to your diet and lifestyle. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific needs and health circumstances. Keep in mind that maintaining a balanced diet and active lifestyle are essential for overall well-being.
annilopi is offline   Reply With Quote