3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Eat right for Your Blood Type (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/253527-eat-right-your-blood-type.html)

superchick36 02-24-2012 10:58 AM

Eat right for Your Blood Type

Has anyone done the Eat Right for Your Blood type diet? My mom has been on it for a couple of weeks and has lost 11 Pounds so far. She keeps pushing me to do it, but I would have to give up things I love like avocados, organic natural peanut butter, cabbage...and so on. Just curious if others found this to be a scientifically sound way to weight loss.
Thanks.

PinkLotus 02-24-2012 01:30 PM

I tried it for just over a month and lost nothing. I also didn't feel any better or healthier. And I found it too restrictive - so many of my favorite foods were on the "poison" list. Originally, that's why I decided to give it a try, thinking that the fact that a lot of my foods were "poison" for my body according to this diet really spoke volumes. But for me, it was a definite fail!
I researched online and found a lot of sites saying that there was absolutely no evidence to back up the "science" of this diet. But I still decided to try because really, you will find negative reviews on any plan.
So for me, it didn't work. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you.

superchick36 02-24-2012 03:50 PM

I thought the same thing when my Mom was telling me about it, but was curious because she was seeing results. Of course, it could be because she ate so much crap and now she is eating healthier food s in general. She is visiting me right now(she lives in TX and I'm in WI) and really pushing this diet. Thanks for the response.

freelancemomma 02-25-2012 07:01 AM

<<Has anyone done the Eat Right for Your Blood type diet?>>

I have to admit, the concept activates my skepticism radar big time. It sounds very gimmicky. As far as I'm concerned, the one and only effective diet for all blood types is to eat healthy foods in moderate proportions.

Freelance

happybug 03-03-2012 04:48 AM

I do remember my friend doing this diet. It was restrictive and she didn't stick to it for very long. It was just one in a long line of gimic diets she tried. The thing was, she tried weight watchers and lost about 8kg within a few weeks - the most she had ever lost - and stopped doing it. I don't know if she liked the idea of diets more than actually getting healthy and losing weight.

Ash15+ 04-16-2012 12:20 PM

My friend's husband started it 2 years ago, not so much to lose weight but to be healthier because he had some issues. His results were amazing. He did lose quite a bit of weight (maybe 30 pounds which he did need to lose) but he looks so healthy and amazing. He is still doing it and now my friend (his wife) has started it. She has always been super fit and slim but her body was still having issues (she got pneumonia 3 times last year) and says she is feeling amazing.

lm3898 04-16-2012 03:03 PM

I just looked mine up - found out some good stuff for my blood type but I'd have to give up caffeine and that's just not happening! Oh well...it was spot on for exercise recommendations!

giffy68 04-30-2012 07:05 PM

My SIL used this diet and lost 35lbs in 4 months. She also started walking her dog after dinner. She followed the diet very strictly and had the weight she wanted to lose come off and stay off now she knows that certain foods mess with her system and she stays away from them.

EatMoreCelery 05-15-2012 11:42 AM

My doc (who is a bit alternative thinking her medical practice) suggested this diet a couple of years ago. I tried it for several months and did lose a fair amount of weight during that time. However, as I have done with every diet, I researched and studied each diet suggested for the various blood types and found them all to be relatively healthy, higher fiber, lower calorie diets, overall.

Personally, I think there is no magic in the Eating Right for Your Type diet. I think it's just a matter of the diet being relatively "healthy" that makes it work.

I'm a type A, and I found the mostly vegetarian diet too limiting and difficult to follow for the long term.

i33BabyGirl33i 05-16-2012 05:21 PM

one of my friends tried it and didnt lose much i dont think it works :O