Hcg

• Anyone try the HCG diet? Ive heard good things and I'm curious.
  • To Crazygurl
    Quote: Anyone try the HCG diet? Ive heard good things and I'm curious.
    First of all, to get REAL Hcg, you have to go online and buy it from overseas, like India or something... at least that's the only way I've heard people could get it. There's a lot of products in regular stores that say HCG on the label but don't actually have HCG in them.
    Second, it's a hormone that supposedly helps you maintain a starvation diet. You only eat around 500-700 cal. a day and it HAS to be specific foods from a very short list. You can't even use lotions because they say it will change the effects. You are told to NOT exercise because you won't have enough energy. They claim with this hormone you will only lose fat even though you're so restricted. The diet has stages and it even says you can only be on the losing stage for a few weeks at a time.... seems to me it's admitting it's dangerous.
    Overall, if a person can restrict themselves THAT much, they should just go on a normal diet of counting calories and light exercise. Sure, you may lose the weight a little slower than a pound a day, but it's something maintainable and not dangerous. Cheaper too, lol.
  • The FDA has ruled that there is no evidence that HCG is effective for weight loss. These plans have calorie levels so dangerously low that 3FC does not allow support/discussion of them. Please see our policy here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ons-plans.html