Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/120

Default Do Weight Diet Pills Really Work?!

Has anybody tried any type of weight loss pills and have had good results? I am thinking about trying one out but I do not know which one. I'm thinking about going with either Alli or *****. I found that ***** is currently offering a free 2 week trial at ***** (dot) com but I do not know A.) If it's a good product, B.) If 2 weeks is enough to tell if it is working or not?

(edited by admin)
Old 06-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i don't think any pill is magic
Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #3  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I don't think so. And if they do, no telling what you're losing- fat or muscle. And, you'll gain it all back without just picking a healthy lifestyle and sticking to it. That's my two cents. I definitely think some pills can aid in weight loss, but I don't know or use any. I'd just be careful so many of the new "magic pills" haven't been tested enough to see real side effects.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/120

I don't expect the pills to be magic. I just think if some pills can help me better lose weight like ButterCup85 mentioned and of course in a healthy way, then I'm all for it!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #5  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I suggest you check out this little handy forum! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/

And specifically- this thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...s-q-shape.html

Some may work, some swear by them, I would take the tried and true. Working out and eating healthier.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

there are different kinds of pills on the market.... some, like Alli and others, block certain macronutrients from being absorbed into your body (Like FAT, or carbohydrates) which can result in overall less calories absorbed by the body-- i have no experience with these, but have heard that some have nasty iological and digestive side-effeect). The other type, are thermogenesis in nature... in other wors, they claim to BURN FAT, just by taking a pill. THESE ARE FALSE FALSE FALSE. No pill "burns fat". WHat these do, in actuality, is give you more energy, resullting in you moving more throughout the day, even if its just fidgiting at your desk. It basically increases your NEAT (non exercise activity thermogenisis).. fancy way of saying you move more dutring the day, in non-exercise related fashion, which means you burn more calories throughout the day. These CAN be "helpful" at best, but in no way replace proper eating (diet is, IMHO 100% of the equation, where fat loss is concerned) Exercise is important to be healthy.
Many of them also put natural and unnatural appetite suppresants in them (like Hoodia)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

No magic pill, sorry.....in fact some of them have been found to be dangerous. Save your money. Diet and exercise is the way to go.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I don't know jack squat about prescription pills other than there is no magic one.

I do know a lot about fat burner type of pills. They do work, a little. I've tried and researched a variety of fat burner types including substances that are not legal in the U.S.

Short version - NOT worth it.

Not worth the cost, and more importantly not worth the side effects. They are all stimulants and raise the CNS output. This means they raise your blood pressure and can be dangerous.

The worst part is the most effective legal ones will only raise your BMR by maybe 5%. This means maybe an extra 70 calories a day will be burned. The ones available overseas might add another 30-40 calories burned but the side effects are not fun - plus the cost is stupid.

Don't waste your money. Don't risk your health.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Eh.

There are diet pills out there, but ...eh... you know what tends to work for people in the long run? Just go down to the Maintainers section of the forum. People who've made it to their goals and are SUCCESSFUL at keeping it off.

Their "diet pill"? Eating less, moving more.

Seriously, they watch their food intake, and they've added a lot of activity into their lives. That's it. Each in their own way, but that's what they're doing.

I will say this... if using a LEGAL diet pill helps you stay on target. Helps you stay on plan for more than just a week, helps you stick to your lifestyle change... then that's what matters. It's about what works for you.

But, the diet pill isn't what does the work. It's the person who is eating few calories overall, and exercising.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #10  
it's always something

I had to remove the name of the product due to our spam policy and we ask that you not mention it again.

I also checked out the website in question and found it full of lies. For example, they specifically state that acai berries are proven for weight loss when they have no effect on weight. The acai weight loss claim is one of the worst scams conceived by internet marketers. Any time you see acai promoted as a weight loss product, you know you're dealing with a scammer.

Btw, there's no such thing as a free trial with products like this. They take your credit card so they can charge the shipping fee, but 14 days after you place your order they will charge you $90 and you are enrolled in an auto-shipment program that is almost impossible to get out of without going through your credit card company.

I think you've received some great advice from the members here and I hope it helps
Closed Thread