Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/133/125

Height: 5'0"

Another similar concept that I've used is 'SlimStyles' PGX Granules. It's basically a fiber supplement that you mix with water and it makes you fill full. I use it sometimes before meals or between meals when I'm starving and it definitely helps. You can buy just a small container and it's reasonably priced. The bottle says PGX is a proprietary blend that's made from Konjac-mannan root, sodium alginate and xanthan gum. I believe konjac-mannon may be another name for glucomannan (made from the same root).
Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #32  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

For that price I would buy a proper, custom waist-training corset. When tight laced you shrink your stomach so you can't eat as much and some have said that it works similar to the bypass but is non-invasive. It's a personal choice but don't immediately turn down the idea based on myths we see in movies (I'm thinking Pirates of the Caribbean where Keira's character couldn't breathe). If it's painful you're doing it wrong. And no, you won't atrophy your muscles or destroy your organs.

I'm saving up for my first corset and I'm super excited. Can you tell?!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #33  
On a Mission!

S/C/G: 173/172/130

Height: 5'4''

Question Interesting Information

I have really enjoyed this site and this thread so far. I am new to the site...found the information great and couldn't help but want o register . I've been trying to lose weight for quite sometime. I have had success numerous times, but alas, the weight returned . I have been researching Roca Labs formula for a few days now. I tend to get obsessed with obtaining ALL the information I can about something when I find myself interested . Anyhow... my curiosity leads me to question the product. I understand about not wanting to be slandered... but WOW to the information in the contract. A friend of mine is currently dealing with issues because of a former customer not agreeing with his product and spreading negative information all over the internet...so I know it can get out of hand. The thing is... not everything works for everyone.... so, maybe there is a success rate... and maybe some customers also have not seen results as promised and are bitter or have moved onto another method for weight loss.

According to the site, and to the reviews I have read... and from this thread itself... the product works by making you full...this way, you mince instead of gorge...and thus, you lose weight. However, I have also been reading that the formula affects your blood sugar, etc. in a natural and positive way by helping balance it. As many of you know...an erratic blood sugar can cause weight gain and many other things.

So... I am curious of your thoughts on this... I have tried many methods to lose weight. I am interested in learning as much as I can. I know negative feedback/ slander from customers of Roca Labs is against their contract... so maybe message me information if you have such a review??? I am not sure if that is allowed or not, since I just joined the site. But, it sure would be useful to chat with someone who has gone through the full supply of formula and can give a great review.

Everything about the way the product is advertised says SCAM; as many of you have already pointed out. I am just seriously tired of failing to accomplish what I want so badly. And, with the cost of the formula...I cannot afford to save and get this and then fail miserably. Thoughts??? Insight? Thanks for any perspective!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #34  
it's always something

Hi bnates, welcome to 3FC

I have never heard of success story from this product that wasn't a hidden advertisement intended to earn a commission.

I agree, it's much too expensive to invest in if it isn't going to work. Honestly, it it really worked, people would be bouncing off the walls to spread the word, without anything to gain in return. Our doctors would recommend it, it would be on CNN, etc.

My personal advice is to avoid this and all products like it. At the end of the day, successful weight loss is achieved through what we eat and what we expend, and not from weight loss products.

If you get a chance, please browse some of our diet forums to see what works for others. Also check out our Goal forum, which holds success stories. You'll notice that none of them include diet products, just food plans and exercise.

Good luck
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #35  
On a Mission!

S/C/G: 173/172/130

Height: 5'4''

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Hi bnates, welcome to 3FC

I have never heard of success story from this product that wasn't a hidden advertisement intended to earn a commission.

I agree, it's much too expensive to invest in if it isn't going to work. Honestly, it it really worked, people would be bouncing off the walls to spread the word, without anything to gain in return. Our doctors would recommend it, it would be on CNN, etc.

My personal advice is to avoid this and all products like it. At the end of the day, successful weight loss is achieved through what we eat and what we expend, and not from weight loss products.

If you get a chance, please browse some of our diet forums to see what works for others. Also check out our Goal forum, which holds success stories. You'll notice that none of them include diet products, just food plans and exercise.

Good luck
Thanks so much Suzanne! I think your right. I started pondering saving for it... but, you are absolutely right... if it really worked...I'd be finding way more positive feedback that does not look "advertisement like." I guess it's easy to fall into the web of marketing ploys when you want something so badly that you're willing to give up that much money. For me... and for many others I am sure, it means giving up presents I'd like to get my kids...or other things for my family. I simply cannot afford it.

Over the last five days, I have stopped eating after six pm and do not eat before 8 am. I have lost a pound so far just doing that... and my clothes are already fitting better because I am way less bloated all of the time.

Thanks for the advice... I will check out the rest of the forums as soon as I can. I have browsed some of them... just have to keep looking as I find the time. I appreciate the sincerity .

Closed Thread