Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #1  

Default Slimming Stones

Hi, new to this forum. I've tried everything and still can't manage to stay motivated. Before I spend any more money on another diet, I was wondering if anyone ever used Slimming Stones? My hairdresser says she lost 12 pounds last month using them and is never hungry.

Has anyone else ever used Slimming Stones?

Thanks!
FatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.2/188.0/145

Height: 5'4"

I had not heard of these before, but Googled it and read a little about it just now. I am pretty cynical and skeptical by nature and my first thought was "pet rock". Now I know there are lots of folks who know way more about crystals than I ever will, but I'm just not a believer and wouldn't spend my money that way. I'll be interested in other opinions, though!
KatRustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

What Kat says

There are people who believe that certain stones and crystals have certain energies that we can use to help us achieve our goals,heal,and help us.Different stones release different energies and so on.The blue stone looks like an agate of some sort,the pink looks like pink quartz,and the yellow looks like citrine.I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't order them...but,if I were to use stones...I'd go to a local shop and ask questions.My son loves rocks,stones and crystals,so we've gone into some stores that have stones and lists of what they are suposed to help with..he has some citrine and I found a huge chunk of rose quartz in my sister's yard that I kept for decor.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Absolute nonsense, of course they won't affect your weight.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, if you think they will work, then they probably will work! The trick is to think that something that doesn't cost any money can help you. Maybe you can find your own slimming stone!

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-10-2011 at 01:45 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #6  

I just saw an article in ehealth.com I think it is more than the crystals the slimming stones help remind people to stay on track - something to hold on to
I have trouble staying on a diet -even when I start losing weight I lose momemtum. If having these crystals on my desk helps remind me of my goal than its worth it. I visited the site, the stones are pretty. My grandmother had a worry stone all her life - holding it helped her. I am going to try these.
mb519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

If you think that holding onto a pretty crystal will be a useful focal object and reminder, go to a shop selling crystals or eBay and pick one up for far less than they're asking for them. Judging by the photos, the blue is sodalite, the pink is rose quartz, and the yellow is rutilated quartz. If you think that the stones will have actual physical powers, then you're falling prey to a scam. And I don't like scams, especially ones which make unauthenticated medical claims and which are there to get money out of desperate people. You'd be better off figuring out why it is that you have trouble staying on a diet and working on those reasons, not to mention that there is oodles of real support on this site.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote