3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Excercise video games (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/216796-excercise-video-games.html)

Ninacali 11-07-2010 04:35 PM

Excercise video games

Can anyone recommend one they like? I almost bought Wii fit from a friend. Hubby suggest we get something for the PS3 since we have 1 in our room. But now I just saw Biggest Loser video game for X-box Kinect. Just thought I'd ask and get any feedback.

GoSparkie 11-07-2010 05:27 PM

Wii fit comes with a disc that's pretty good for starters. I posted in another thread how I used it to lose 25 pounds (and have kept it off for a year). There's another game which EA games makes, but the connection is just terrible, so when you're running on the wii fit, your character is barely moving on the screen.

Wii resort is pretty good! As long as you don't mind those odd looking characters :)

Pint Sized Terror 11-07-2010 05:48 PM

I would try to avoid xBox like the plague. I bought one 5 years ago when they first came out and we've been through 4 since then. This time it broke less than 6 months after they replaced it, and they said it's no longer under warranty because the warranty only covers it 1 year past the purchase date. The red ring of death issue (which is what killed all of ours except the current one) is the only thing they're willing to honor and replace. So we're stuck with an xBox that ejects games randomly, and unless we pay $140 to fix it, we're stuck with it.

I'm trying to talk hubby into getting a Wii. It has a lot of features to help track weight loss and a lot of the games are VERY fun!! I played one at a friend's house (It was the sports one with the gladiator type stuff... lol, i don't remember what it was called).

He wants a PS3, but just because he likes regular gaming. He has no interest in the weight loss stuff. :P

sweetnlow28 11-07-2010 07:27 PM

Someone else asked this same question yesterday and here was my reply :)

Quote:

I am a big fan of video game workouts. I use them during the winter when its way too cold to work out here in Canada. I have Wii Active, and Wii Active more workouts, Wii fit, Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

I saw the commercial for Wii Active 2. It looks pretty cool with the new sensors so you don't have to hold the remote. I would suggest any of the workouts I mentioned, except Wii Fit. I find the Wii Fit games that come with the wii fit board, to be disappointing because they are not challenging enough to get your heart rate up. The board itself can be used with Wii active so its handy to have. Just Dance 1 and 2 are really fun. You can dance around and look silly in your living room and you really do get a workout while it feels like a game. With Wii active, you can customize a workout and there are different levels and durations to pick from. I would suggest it as a good game to start with.

I am not sure if any of these are for Ps3 though.
IMO, a Wii is worth every penny. I love our Wii more than the kids do lol.

P.S. Go Sparkie, if the Wii active is not registering your running, try adjusting where you wear the leg strap. Sometimes it needs to be higher up on the thigh or closer to the knee depending on your leg length ;)

Ninacali 11-07-2010 08:48 PM

Since I have 3 boys and a hubby who has been into gaming forever. (exception of World of Warcraft) We have all 3 gaming consoles (2 PS3's too)
Thanks for the input, I didn't want to pass up on something good when I decide which console to get a game.

Persicae 11-07-2010 09:33 PM

Wii Fit is a pretty good game to use for weight loss.

My favorite, however, is Dance Dance Revolution. I find that to be a fun way to get moving. And it works up an amazing sweat (depending on the level). :D

cuteazz1 11-12-2010 04:38 PM

Yes,I would recommend Dance,Dance revolution.

I have The original biggest loser game for the Wii and it really sucks.The graphics look very old and the 'trainers" dont do much training..they just repeat the same few phrases over and over.The exercises are boring and not very difficult.I thought about getting the new one for the Kinect,but I will have to get some reviews first.There is a service like Netflix for video games that lets you rent video games to preview...cant think of the name though and my son is not around..maybe u can Google it.

The Wii fit games are good the tennis really gets my heart racing.