R. Simmonds Nightmare OVER

• When in doubt or trouble over something that came back to haunt you, go to the 3 fat chicks message board for help! I'm
    back to tell everyone who came to my assistance with all the
    money still not credited to my account completed.

Thanks to you, the account has been credited in full. I am off
    their mailing list and haven't received another unordered video
    or recipe card or whatever.

Should tell you I also emailed his site and sent a plea to him
    that was answered promptly and handled beautifully by a
    wonderful representative. She restored my faith in company
    PR and people who are marketing their wares via those
    infomercials.
  • This post is in response to Chatsey and the Richard Simmons nightmare. What you described happened to me to and I was wondering how many people across the US were getting fleeced. I ended up cancelling my credit card and switching credit card companies to get away from them. At any rate, I wanted to let you all know of a service offered by some credit card companies. I saw a news report that alot of credit card companies are issuing single use credit card numbers that are linked to your own credit card, but can only be used once. So if you choose to order something over the Internet or from an infomercial, your account is secure from unauthorized use or someone stealing and using your number. Some of the credit cards they mentioned were American Express, Citibank, and MBNA, but this reporter said alot of banks are starting. They said to log on to your credit cards website to get the numbers. I'm going to try it out as soon as I find something I want to buy, but thought I would pass yhis along.
  • Actually if you use Visa you ARE secure anyway.

Single-use numbers are definitely on the horizon, but check this out...it's called "Verified by Visa" and you can already use it at a bunch of online stores (and the number is growing each day).

http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/sec...d_by_visa.html

And remember...Visa also has a 'zero liability policy'.

http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/sec...liability.html

Just keep yourself informed and educated and you'll be safe
  • This is Off Topic, but, had to renew my Sears Credit Card, and it's not the regular Sears, it's a Master Card or Visa, forget which one. I have it put away. This way I can't use it! Has that happened to you?