3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Rebok EasyTone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/188754-rebok-easytone.html)

malory 12-26-2009 10:44 PM

Rebok EasyTone

Does anyone have these shoes? I looked at a post a while back but noone seemed know if they worked yet. I was thinking about getting myself a late Christmas present...

The website is pretty cool, you can design the shoes in the color you want them. They also claim to work your legs and butt pretty well, but I was wondering if anyone here has them/seen results?

Mal

Suzanne 3FC 12-26-2009 11:14 PM

I haven't tried them, but they sound like they might feel good when wearing them. This article on CNN said they don't work. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/12...ref=newssearch But if they encourage more exercise, then that can only be a positive thing :)

jazzang 12-27-2009 12:48 AM

If you get them, I want to know how they are! They certainly couldn't replace my running shoes, but I think it'd be cool to get the extra leg/butt workout while walking around the mall or something.

Mikan 12-28-2009 08:51 AM

I was curious about these, too. I could use a little toning in these areas !!

specialkonadiet 12-29-2009 02:28 PM

I TRIED to buy them, but all the shoe stores in the mall were completely sold out! I also would like to know if they work b4 buying.

Jennifer 3FC 01-01-2010 01:08 PM

Try Earth Shoes. They have a lower heel than the rest of the shoe, and they do strengthen the calves and help straighten posture. I can't say they did anything for the butt, but they do help with calf action. I have plantar fasciitis, and these shoes helped tremendously. (These are not the 'earth shoes' from WalMart.)

WVUFan86 01-31-2010 12:53 PM

I bought them from Dick's Sporting Goods and absolutely love them! The one area I can tell they are helping me is in my core. I am forced to pull in my stomach when wearing them. Honestly, the reason I bought them is I was in a car wreck a couple of years ago that screwed up my lower back. I was told I needed to strengthen my core and hamstrings. Boy do they! I can feel it burning. Also, I have to say they are extremely comfortable. My bf and I decided for that fact alone they were worth it. Plus I think they look pretty cute :)

LuckyJules 02-02-2010 09:19 PM

I have a pair, but I haven't worn them yet (I wanted the pink ones, and got the white ones by accident). Every time I try to return them, they are out of my size in the pinks.

BUT... I've heard that they are not that great -- you have to wear them for at least 8-10 hours before you feel any effect. I work 10 hour days and am constantly on my feet, which is why I wanted these shoes. I will try to remember to update once I actually get the pink ones... but I was planning on wearing them around the house on a day off or something to see if I even felt anything... Not worth 100 bucks if they are not going to do anything for me!

BFC2bthin 02-04-2010 05:10 PM

I tried on a pair at the mall but didn't like them. The heels just seem to flatten right out on me, I didn't like that at all. Maybe I just weigh too much or are they supposed to do that?

BFC2bthin 02-04-2010 05:14 PM

Woops! Sorry, those were Sketchers, Shape ups I tried on not reebok.

lynna 02-05-2010 02:24 PM

La Gear has their own version called walk n tone. I bought them at Khols and love them. Very comfortabable but not as comfortable as my Therashoes or Danskins which are knockoffs of Sketchers or maybe Sketchers are knockoffs of thershoes which are knockoffs of Mbt...............VBG

Sampaguita 02-12-2010 11:10 PM

I have Easytones!

I have a pair of Reebok Easytones, and I absolutely love them. They are the most comfortable tennis shoe I have ever worn. I'm at work, and am actually wearing them now.

It's difficult for me to determine if they help in toning, however, as I started wearing them at the same time I began working out. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful...if anything, I recommend them for being such a comfortable shoe (and in my opinion, much cuter than the other toning shoes out there).

druidgirl 02-15-2010 06:34 PM

I have these shoes and I think that they do work. I can feel it in my glutes after I walk in them. My lower butt/upper legs are a bit sore the next day after a long walk (about 3-4 miles) in them. Also, I have to agree with everyone who said they are comfortable. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back and high arches, so I am very picky about comfort, and these are awesome for me.

LuckyJules 03-13-2010 04:13 PM

Bumping an old thread, but I wanted to come back and update my thoughts on these shoes.

Simply said:
LOVE THEM!

Highly recommend them. I decided to just bite the bullet and wore them to work (briefly: I work 10 hour very active on-my-feet-the-whole-entire-day days) and I felt the soreness in my calves the very next morning. I didn't feel a lot of 'soreness' in my thighs per se, but I did think that the muscles felt tighter even after that first day. I've worn them for a full two weeks now, and I will not be buying any other brand of shoes for work. They are comfy, look good and work. (Only complaint: they squeak across the floors if you stop suddenly -- it can be loud (personal experience!:)))