Slim Side Protein?

• Has anyone heard of this? It is at www.nodiet.com. My co worker is trying it, and it doesnt appear to look safe to me... it seems to be a liquid protein that you take a shot of at night before you go to bed. She says she has a male friend who is terribly over weight and he reportedly lost 16 inches from it.

I do not plan on trying this, Im looking for the good old fashioned eat healthy, extercise and get healthy way. Im just worried about my friend.
  • I don't think there's any real science to it. However, I used to take a protein shake at night (with fruit as well) and it kept me from raiding the kitchen a couple of hours later. So for some it could stop mindless evening eating but I used a regular protein shake, not this stuff. I don't think that there's anything inherently unsafe about it. It's likely a waste of money as it's not going to work unless you also change your eating and/or exercise habits. In other words people can't eat like crap, take a shot of protein at night, and magically lose weight.
  • I think it may help if you are looking to drop a quick pant size, but long term, who knows. I don't do pills or "miracle" drinks and diets because as soon as you stop doing/taking it, you gain the weight back. I firmly believe in order to lose the weight and keep it off you have to change your eating habits. Now it's the actually changing of habits that's my hardest part of trying to lose weight.