Hypnosis for Weight Loss (Thinkandlose.com)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I had a bit of a different experience... I went to a mass hypnosis session with a hypnotist who comes to town. It's something you have to be willing to accept and want to work.

Even when you're hypnotized it can seem like you're not so don't worry if you're not sure while you're doing it. My experience went really well, I wasn't sure I was hypnotized at the time but the differences I and others have seen in me are huge!!! I used to be a horrible emotional eater and decided to try hypnosis after I realized it really was all in my head. It was safe, exciting an even a little fun. He started out explaining what it was and what exactly he would be doing. Then he put us through a little session that he said would make us more open to the hypnosis (I'm having a hard time coming up with words today so let me know if I need to explain this better). After that we had 2 sessions of hypnosis where he gave us happy and healthy ideas about eating and weight loss. He must have really done his homework because he hit every suggestion and problem I thought I could possibly ever have. I purchased a set of his CD's that I listen to now as a refresher... they have really helped to keep me going.

I guess your experience will really depend on the hypnotist. I think the one I saw was an American but I'm not sure how/when/where he tours. He has the WORST cheesey radio commercials but I would recommend him to anyone. You can also purchase his CD's online, his web site says listening to the weight loss set is the same as being at one of his seminars but I think there is really nothing like actually being there.

Really worked for me Let me know if you want his web site.
  • Quote: It's super long. I let it play all night long, and it isn't even halfway through. Listening to it right now, it's some guy talking about psychological patients he's had. It seems the first few tracks were the only ones with the actual hypnosis on them. Anyone have this? Am I really supposed to be listening to this seminar thing? lol

Also, I'm afraid to delete the seminar stuff, because I don't want to miss anything. How long is the actual hypnosis cd supposed to be?
    You do not need to listen to the whole seminar to get the results of a hypnosis CD. Most weight loss CDs will have a short intro (no more then 10 minutes) an induction (these can range from 5 to 40 minutes) followed by the suggestions (5 to 40 minutes) and the awakening which is very short.

Anything else you are listening to is simply education.

You may need to listen carefully to determine the three parts: induction, suggestions and awakening then only listen to those parts. The rest you can listen to at anytime if you are interested in the material.
  • Quote: I had a bit of a different experience... I went to a mass hypnosis session with a hypnotist who comes to town. It's something you have to be willing to accept and want to work.

I guess your experience will really depend on the hypnotist. I think the one I saw was an American but I'm not sure how/when/where he tours. He has the WORST cheesey radio commercials but I would recommend him to anyone. You can also purchase his CD's online, his web site says listening to the weight loss set is the same as being at one of his seminars but I think there is really nothing like actually being there.

Really worked for me Let me know if you want his web site.
    I am glad to hear of your success. Traveling hypnotists can be a bit of a risk, since there is no regulation in this industry anyone can claim to be a hypnotist and offer seminars. The best thing to do is research the hypnotist.

I suggest working with someone local if possible... check references.
  • I had hypnosis done before once for severe anxiety. I will admit, if I could have afforded to continue to go I would have. I did help. I still have huge anxiety issues, but not nearly as much as I used too. It is somehting YOU have to be open to though, as it will not work if you are not. My mom tried hypnosis for weight loss years ago and it didn't do a thing for her as she was too wound up to be open to the suggestions and she couldn't relax enough to let herself go "under"
  • This IS think and lose.

He burned it for me, but after the first 3 tracks, it's hypnosis seminars. I was asking if this was supposed to come along with it.

I think I'm just going to make a playlist on my media player of just the actual hypnosis tracks.
  • Hey Redreine,

Sorry, didn't understand what you were asking about. The seminar thing is something I've never heard, so kinda wonder where your neighbor got it from. Anyway, one thing I'd like to say is that it is really super important for you to watch the original Think and Lose where Don explains everything to you before you listen to the hypnosis part. Does your neighbor have that part? If not the basic TNL is very reasonable, around $40, with a money back guarantee. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Shirley
  • I made the playlist with just the hypnosis tracks, and it is helping a lot.

However, I am noticing that since I've been listening to it, I tend to go all day (from about 8am-4pm) without eating, then overeat at night.

Yesterday was a pretty decent day, but only as far as *not* overeating goes. What I did eat wasn't too healthy.

But I'm sticking with it, because I'm sure it is helping me, and I just have to work with it.
  • I'm glad to hear you're sticking with it, but the not eating all day is not healthy and does tend to cause overeating later, because one just gets sooo hungry. It would be so much better for you if you could follow Don's idea of eating half and leaving half, also choosing healthier foods is part of his message, too. Again, it would really help you if you could watch the DVD. It all makes so much more sense and really gives you the base for the hypnosis and what to expect as you listen. So if you get the chance, watch the DVD, it really is very important.
  • Working for me to quit smoking - should work for weight loss!
    I've been using a self hypnosis MP3 to quit smoking for 4 days now and I've already almost halved the amount of cigarettes I smoke per day. This is working great so far so I believe it will work for weight loss.

When I downloaded the 'Stop Smoking' MP3, I saw that there is a 'Lose Weight' MP3 on that site as well, so as soon as I've beat my smoking addiction I'm going to download the lose weigh MP3. It only costs $25, well worth it if you ask me.
  • Hypnosis works for some and doesn't work for others. Pretty much, you have to believe it will work for it to work. You can not be forced to believe it will work. A lot of it is will power. I won't sum it up, but THIS is a good article on the topic. It's a long read, but it is worth it if you want an answer that is more than what people think or believe.