3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Anyone tried P2 Primal Protein Soup Broth Mix (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/187121-anyone-tried-p2-primal-protein-soup-broth-mix.html)

Josslyn Thompson 11-28-2009 10:59 AM

Anyone tried P2 Primal Protein Soup Broth Mix

Hi everyone. I am new here and enjoying all the great information. I am investigating Medifast and on the verge of ordering into the program, but my son who is a collegiate wrestler showed me a product called P2 Primal Protein. It is a powder mix for a protein broth soup that has 26 grams of protein with 0 carbs and 0 fat. It is really inexpensive at just over $1 per serving for a sampler mix and just under $1 per serving if you get all one flavor. I am very intrigued but the company that puts it out is focused on combat athletes and claims that their products are designed specifically for martial artists, wrestlers, boxers. I am hardly athletic and have just recently started a very mild and low key exercise program. With winter around the corner, I love the idea of a hot cup of soup that is high in protein and low in fats and carbs...but don't know if to just go with the more expensive and lower protein content Medifast soups, or try this new thing out and get more protein for less money.

Has anyone ever tried this Crucible Combat P2 Primal Protein and if so...did it work out well for you? Is it safe for a non athletic person to take something like this. My son says it will be fine, but he is in perfect shape with the metabolism of a hummingbird, so he is not exactly in a physical state where he has to worry about anything.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JT

nelie 11-28-2009 01:19 PM

Do you have details on the nutritional information? Ingredients?

A lot of the protein powder stuff is a lot of hype although some of the stuff geared towards elite athletes packs in extra calories for those that are working out a lot.

Josslyn Thompson 11-28-2009 07:11 PM

Nutritional details on P2 primal protein soup

Hi Nelie and thanks for the response. I looked at the panel on my sons jug of P2 Primal Protein.

The type of protein itself is from Lean Beef Aminos, and the contents are as follows:

Total Calories 120
Calories from Fat 0
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value
Total Fat 0.5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 330mg 0%
Carbohydrates 1.5g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugar 0g 0%
Protein 26g 52%
Vitamin A 0mg 0%
Vitamin C 0mg 0%
Calcium 0mg 0%
Iron 0mg 0%

This is for elite athletes who are dieting to "make weight" so it is anything but packed with extra calories. Basically it is like a protein shake but instead of whey or casein the protein comes from a beef source and supposed to be highly bioavailable. I spent some time researching lean beef protein and everything I have found seems to say it's a really good source.

I tried one of his soups today and I have to say it tastes really good. I ordered the Medifast plan, but might mix in some of these from time to time just to mitigate the expense.

Thanks again for your help and support,

JT

Dariann 12-04-2009 11:23 AM

Where did you find this stuff, this is what I am looking for? Please let me know. Thanks

I would add some veggies to it personally, very small amount and a tiny tiny bit of olive oil. Like about 1 1/2 TB maybe. Just a bit. Our brains do need some good carbs. I would prefer chicken over beef do they have that? Please post this info on the what else to eat threads for low carbs/medifast.
Thanks so much. Good luck with your program.