Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #1  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Has anyone had facial Juvederm injections?

I have some face issues. Specifically large vertical creases from my nose to my mouth that have appeared as a result of weight loss. I keep seeing commercials on TV about an injection called Juvederm that basically inflates these deep creases with some compound. (can't remember what it's called off hand). I've done a little research on it and found it lasts about a year before it is absorbed by the body, and it's a bit pricey, ($900 a procedure in my area). Just wondering if anyone has had it done and if they were happy with the results. I won't be doing any procedure until I have successfully maintained my weight for a year, but the face is the first fix!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I haven't had it done but my future brother in law is a cosmetic surgeon so I can ask him about it and get back to you.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #3  
Back in Action

That would be great Lauralyn. I sometimes see a monkey looking back at me in the mirror...lol
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #4  

I think it truly depends on skin quality here.Sometimes after weight loss, a lift would be more appropriate due to the excess skin.I would see a surgeon.Consults are usually free.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/241/180

Height: 6'

Lori: I have had Juvederm as well as its' precursor Restylane. I prefer Restylane because it has been around longer and in my OPINION has longer lasting affects than Juvederm. However, the results are much shorter than you may think for either product; 6 mos. would be the maximum amount of time to see results from the injectable. Also, it is charged for PER syringe. So one syringe may cost $900.00 in your area (which is very high!) but you may need 2 syringes to achieve the desired affect! My vote is to save up and go to a good plastics guy.(I worked for one for years which is how I know abouth this stuff) A mini lift or even a full face lift will take away the excess skin that remains after such a large weight loss and you will have a more permanant result. I know it sounds so vain but IT IS NOT! You have accomplished so much improving your health and your body, why not let your face reflect the real improved version of you? Good luck no matter what you decide!!
BeverlyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #6  
Back in Action

Thank you for the info Beverly. That sucks the injections don't last as long as advertised. I guess I watch too many plastic surgery shows...lol I can handle watching most every procedure, but when I see them preform face lifts (on TV) I about lose my lunch. I have a lot to think about. I would love to feel more confident smiling, but that's when the skin folds are most obvious. Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

I have had both Juvederm and Botox. My Juvederm lasted about 9 months...Botox lasted a bit less. Unfortunately, I just finished off my syringe 2 months ago before I started dieting....and my weight loss is really showing in my face. I am only halfway to goal so I will just put up with it until I reach goal...but yes, I would have both again. I started it about 2 years ago because the corners of my mouth turned down, making me look angry all the time. I also had a horizontal line across the bridge of my nose. Botox helped the corners, Juvederm helped the line (and also the folds from nose to mouth. I am pretty much a chicken when it comes to facelifts, but won't rule them out yet.
torchlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #8  
JayBird

I have done both Botox and Restalyne but not Juvederm. I would say that if you can afford it and are unhappy with the lines, then do it. It can make a big difference (as in taking years off your face) in your appearance. My budget doesn't allow this right now but you can bet it will be my reward to myself when I get to my goal weight.
People always ask if it hurts. I'd say it feels like several pinches, nothing like a regular shot. Oh, and you'll get almost instant gratification! Finally, the brochures say you can do it on your lunch hour or something like that. Don't bet on it. You will have little marks for the rest of the day.
JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote