Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #16  

Height: 4' 11"

I want to try the food lovers fat lovers system, has it worked for any one? I need to lose 50lbs and have no clue how. Any advise.
Lillypadlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #17  

Default thanks SistaDiv2001

I just bought the program but have not received it yet. But after reading you post I feel So much better about it. I have tried way to many programs and have giving up because it was way to much work after a month of doing it. I feel very positive about this. Thanks again
turxeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #18  

Default Don't do it

Advice to anyone on this diet or thinking about signing up... don't do it. Food Lovers has absolutely horrible customer service. I'm 4 months pregnant on bed rest and they are still charging me and refuse to refund anything. They make it near impossible to cancel a membership. They offer online support for your account where no one ever gets back to you. They have charged me through Sept and they refuse to refund a dime even though I can't even access my account since it is cancelled. The diet itself is not unreasonable to follow but DO NOT sign up for any kind of account with the actual Food Lovers Company.
tligmari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/178/140

There is a summary of the diet on webmd that is pretty good.

I did there free trial. It is a pretty sensible program but I didn't feel like it was worth it to spend money on it monthly when I could track my food on other sites for free. I also don't believe that eating many small meals is better than eating 3 larger ones. But the plan is pretty simple and I can see where it can work for people.
jazbcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 183.8/ 156.8/ 140

Height: 5'6"

Smile Yes

I got this diet kit and I just refer to it to check portion sizes and combos of food. It isn't a fast weight loss program. It teaches you to eat healthy, cut out sugar, eat every 2.5 - 3 hours, and gives motivational tips.

I've lost 7.2 lbs in 4 weeks. Am I happy, yes, yes I am. I wanted to change my bad habits and start eating healthier. Have I cheated? Yeah. Do I cry about it? Nope. I only have to lose 27 lbs. I wanted at least a pound a week. I've found that quickly losing the weight doesn't work for me. I know if I can keep lost lbs off for four day...it's good weight loss.

So I only have 20lbs to go... and I know it's going to be a goal that I can reach because I'm eating real food. Tasty food. And it is easy.

My typical day: scrambled egg whites with spinach and mushrooms, piece of whole wheat low sugar toast. Snack: Motts natural apples sauce and 10 almonds Lunch: orowheat thin rounds (wheat or whole grain), turkey, dijon mustard. With a side salad with mixed greens, balsamic/oil dressing. snack: 2% string cheese/ or chunk of laughing cow low fat swiss and 3 pieces of melba toast, Dinner: Grilled chicken tenders with marsala and mushrooms, small baked potato, veggies or salad. Snack: 100 calorie low fat popcorn.

Don't eat an hour before bed. Drink water, unsweet tea, no diet or regular sodas. also, invest in one of those microwave potato bags for your bakers. you can cook a baked potato in the microwave in 4 - 6 mins. This is how I cook mashed potatoes now as well. I'm lucky I have a friend who sews to make me a couple of them

This doesn't feel like a diet because it's not. It's just a way to eat better and teach you not to starve your self. I love that it shows you correct portion sizes in relation to you hands, fingers, etc. I guarantee if you eat a snack in between each of your meals every 2 - 3 hrs, your body will lose weight. Make your snacks 150 or so calories. I have tons more energy now too
Kaisfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I got my Food Lovers diet kit on eBay and just started the 7 day slimdown before I start the 21 day makeover.
I started yesterday at 296.6.
For breakfast I had 2 breakfast patties, a cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of strawberries. My 10 am snack was an apple. For lunch I had a slice of meatloaf and 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. Afternoon snack was a banana and dinner was totally off the diet since sweetie brought home a couple of catered box lunches that they had from work. So dinner was a 6 inch ham sandwich with bacon, a bag of Doritos and a cookie.
My weight this morning was 292.2. Down 4.4 lbs! I know it is water weight, but it is a start.
I will try to put my progress here each day since they have closed the blogs for now.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #22  

Day Two:
For breakfast I had 2 egg whites with mushrooms, bell peppers and onions. A bowl of apple and cinnamon oatmeal with strawberries.
I did the 12 minute fat burning dvd for the first time and it was actually fun. I hate to exercise!
For my morning snack I had a nice Fugi apple.
For lunch I had 1 cup of chili.
My afternoon snack was an apple again, because I just didn't feel like a banana and I love apples.
Once again dinner was off the plan. My boyfriend wants and needs to lose weight, but he does not want to diet so I am slowly getting him into it by compromising. He wanted to take me out to dinner so I had 2 bar-b-que spare ribs, 5 onion rings and a diet Pepsi. All items I should not have had.
But I am at 291 today, so I lost another 1.2 lbs.
Will see how the weekend goes since I will be with him the next 48 hrs. wish me luck
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #23  

Day Three:
For breakfast I had 2 breakfast patties, a bowl of oatmeal with Strawberries.
I did the 12 minute fat burning dvd for the second time and it was actually a little harder but still fun. I hate to exercise!
For my morning snack I had a nice Fugi apple.
For lunch I had 1 cup of stew.
My afternoon snack was an apple again, because I just didn't feel like a banana and I love apples.
Once again dinner was off the plan. We went to IHOP, but he actually had a heart healthy breakfast for dinner. We had the egg beaters, turkey bacon, and whole grain pancakes with bananas. He had real bacon
Even though it is off plan the meal consists of 480 calories.
But I am at 287.2 today, so I lost another 3.8 lbs.
So day 1 -3.4 lbs
on day 2 -1.2 lbs
on day 3 -3.8 lbs

Last edited by Sally Pineapple; 12-10-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #24  

Day Four:

This day was very hard with all of the shopping and running around we had to do. We missed snacks and meals and I think we paid the price for it, but we still both lost. Just not as much. But it could just be starting to slow down since it is crazy to lose this much weight so quickly.
My sweetie is down 13 lbs in just 4 days and he isn't even following it 100%!

Breakfast was my egg white omelet with bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Along with a bowl of oatmeal and strawberries.
The morning snack was very latesince we were shopping, but I got my apple in.
Lunch was 5 bites of a left over spare rib that my sweetie didn't want and I hate throwing out food.
The afternoon snack was missed. I totally forgot about it since we were watching football.
Dinner was a ridiculous amount of food and neither of us could finish our dinner. It was Coq Au Vin on rice with a side of mixed vegetables.
I did not get my 12 minute fat burning dvd in.

My weight this morning was 286.9, down another .8 lbs.
My start weight 296.6
So day 1 -3.4 lbs 292.2 down 3.4 lbs
on day 2 -1.2 lbs 291.0 down 5.6 lbs
on day 3 -3.8 lbs 287.2 down 9.4 lbs
on day 4 -0.8 lbs 286.4 down 10.2 lbs
Old 12-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #25  

Thank you This looks interesting .
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #26  

Day Five:

This day was another very hard one since right when I was going to eat my lunch my sweetie called me and said he was going to the hospital ER. I dropped everything and jumped into the car. So no lunch or afternoon snack. We missed snacks and meals but we didn't paid the price for it, we still both lost. He missed so much food and was feeling so bad I gave him the Chocolate muffin he wanted.
My sweetie is down 15 lbs in just 5 days and he isn't even following it 100%!
He is having his wine, beer and chocolate!

Breakfast was my egg white omelet with bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. Along with a bowl of oatmeal and mixed berries this time. I had 1/2 cup of blackberries, raspberries and strawberries.

Lunch was missed since I was at the hospital, but I ate my lunch at 4:30 pm since sweetie is home for a few days so I can go to bed late. I switched it up and had a nice big salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
The afternoon snack was missed. I totally forgot about it since I was taking care of him
Dinner was 1 cup of stew. I could barely get the last two bites down.
I did get my 12 minute fat burning dvd in since I did it as soon as he left for work. The squats are still killing me.

My weight this morning was 284.8, down 1.6 lbs.
My start weight 296.6
on day 5 -1.6 lbs 284.8 down 11.8 lbs

Last edited by Sally Pineapple; 12-10-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #27  

Default Food Lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
Thank you This looks interesting .
I was not sure about this since I had read such mixed reviews and I was not about to put out that kind of money for yet another diet program.
It took me a while to decide to pull the plug so I went to eBay and got one there pretty cheap. I think about half the price, $60 with shipping.

I was surprised that my sweetie would even do it since he needs to lose but does not like to eat the same thing and likes his certain foods. But he is doing it somewhat, but has not had a single 100% day sticking to it and he has lost 15 lbs in 5 days!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #28  

Day Six:

My sweetie is home for the next two days per the ER doctor so we will see how this day will go.
Since he wasn't working he had nothing to keep his mind off of food. So I had to be the hardcore one and remind him why we are doing this.

Breakfast was my bowl of oatmeal and a banana this time along with my egg white omelet with bell peppers, mushrooms and onions.

My morning snack was once again an apple. I just love fugi apples

Lunch was a nice big salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

The afternoon snack was missed. I totally forgot about it since I was taking care of him
Dinner was once again off the plan. We went to IHOP, and we had a heart healthy breakfast for dinner. We had the egg beaters scrambled, turkey bacon, and whole grain pancakes with bananas. He had real bacon
Even though it is off plan the meal consists of 480 calories.
I did get my 12 minute fat burning dvd and of course he just watched. The squats are still killing me.

My weight this morning was 283.6, down 1.2 lbs.
My start weight 296.6
on day 5 -1.6 lbs 284.8 down 11.8 lbs
on day 6 -1.2 lbs 283.6 down 13.0 lbs