Glucomannan--opinions?

• Hi.
    I'm reading "Women's Health" "Perfect Body Diet" and they recommend using glucomannan to help your stomach feel "full."

It seems quite sensible...but I was wondering if it really would be a good use of my money or not.

TIA
  • Well its a source of fiber. You can get fiber in many ways. For me, I rather get my fiber through healthy, whole foods.
  • Thanks.

I've never relied on anything like this before--I was just hoping someone might have had some experience with them.
  • I tried it and am going to use it again. I mixed some in my oatmeal and I couldn't finish it. It gives you that feeling like "if I eat any more I am going to burst" fullness. I am going to use it again because I am on my period and am craving junk so I am going to use it if I need it so that I do not overeat. I also wanted to say that not all supplements are bad and yeah you can get fiber and whatever through foods but it is not always good. Case in point I bought a box of cereal for $4 and change with a high fiber high protein count and I would have done better eating dirty from my backyard. It doesn't taste good at all and no matter how I tried to spin it it's just not appetizing so I wasted almost $5. When I mixed this stuff in my oatmeal, I didn't taste it, it wasn't gritty tasting and it quickly did it's job. I was full for hours. I am craving a little ice cream and it is one of my weeknesses so I will use a caplet in the ice cream when I measure out a bowl of it.
  • I just started using it in pill form about at the beginning of the year. I have lost 9 pounds so far and i haven't really been able to work out like would have liked to. I'm taking 2,000mg (3 pills) a day and i have noticed I'm not over eating at all. I think I might start taking 4 a day soon when i start working out more. no guarantees but its working for me.
  • I started using it very recently.

It works for me though, helps me fuller alot faster. I take konjac root supplement...but make sure it has glucomomine.

I saw a video on youtube where a user put it in water...it expands alot. Just make sure to take it 30 min to an hour with a full glass of water before you eat.