Adipex and Bontril

• I found a "weight loss program" in my area that provides medication such as bontril and adipex for $100.00 a month.

Has anyone ever been on these drugs?

Thanks!
  • I have used Adepix. It is great. I would suggest using 1/2 a pill to start, if it does not suppress your appetite enough go to an entire pill. Do not take it after 10:30 am as you will be awake during the night.
  • Thanks, Annie. How much did you lose on Adipex?
  • It varied. The first time 60 lbs. SInce I had WLS I use it occasionally to overcome TOM hunger.
  • Adipex is Phen, I believe.

Also, any legal weight loss drugs can be prescribed by your family doctor. I'd highly recommend talking to your doctor before taking any medications.
  • There's another adipex thread on here with a lot more people commenting on it..... to make it short..... adipex works, and works fast.... but as soon as you go off it (and staying on it for that long really isn't healthy and usually the weight loss stops after a few months)..... you gain it right back. Sometimes plus some. It's basically prescription crack. Turns off your urge to eat, ups your metabolism and heartrate... and there are a lot of nasty side effects. It caused my blood pressure to go up crazy style the last time I used it... and I've always had perfect blood pressure!
  • Wow--good to know. I think I've decided against it...as good as it sounds to lose weight quicly!
  • I crashed after using it. Depression and fatigue after discontinuing it is common.
  • Yep, exactly. Its basically a quick fix that doesn't last and really doesn't do good things for your body....