Gowear Fit review

• --
  • Thanks for the informative and thoughtful review! I have been thinking about getting one of these for a while, but I wasn't aware that a life-time subscription was needed!
    Thank you so much!
    Kira
  • Thanks for the thoughts on the GoWear Fit. I just got one, and appreciate your analysis. I uploaded it for the first time yesterday.

I saw the sleep analysis on the chart, but wondered if you could tell me how to determine how many times I wake up. I can see the sleep chart where I sleep, but don't see where it tells me how many times I wake up.
  • Quote: Thanks for the informative and thoughtful review! I have been thinking about getting one of these for a while, but I wasn't aware that a life-time subscription was needed!
    Thank you so much!
    Kira
    no "life-time" subscription is needed. you can have a monthly subscription which is 12.95$ i think. also, you get the first 3 months of software use for free.

still, you need the subscription to be able to upload the data from the device to your computer. what i will probably do is use it as long as i have to lose weight and a few months after. and then cancel it. maybe sign up again later on if i feel the need.
  • Quote: Thanks for the thoughts on the GoWear Fit. I just got one, and appreciate your analysis. I uploaded it for the first time yesterday.

I saw the sleep analysis on the chart, but wondered if you could tell me how to determine how many times I wake up. I can see the sleep chart where I sleep, but don't see where it tells me how many times I wake up.
    the light breaks in the dark line are times when you are awake at night.
  • i don't understand why the subscription is a deal breaker, since it is made very clear when you buy it that you need a subscription.

also, you don't have to plug in and upload every day if you don't want to. the device is able to store data up to 14 days.

in general: i agree that after a few months it probably won't be that interesting anymore to check data daily. unless you're losing a lot of weight and need to check the new calorie balance. but i love the device for the information it's been giving me. same here re the amount of calories i burn on a busy day compared to exercising on a not so busy day. it is basically the same for me. and shows that being active overall (walking instead of driving, a quick walk during lunch,...) already helps a lot to balance everything out.
  • I have been thinking about returning my GWF because the software is TERRIBLE, the food database is pathetic and it is all kind of wrong where sleeping in concerned with me.

At first I was annoyed because of the 12-12 only graph for the sleeping. I sleep really odd hours and often for longer periods than most people. Then one day it says I was asleep and laying down when I was actually out running errands. I was being all action packed and it thought I was sleeping? That is really making me question how accurate this thing can be about anything.

I was having a lot of fun with it till all the issues happened with the sleep stuff. Now I am not sure if I can trust it at all.
  • There is a large thread which discusses the GoWear Fit and similar devices -- the BodyBugg and Sensewear. Most of the people there really like it. I've had mine less than a week, and so far I love it! Here is the link to the other thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160280
  • I have preordered the "FitBit". It's alot less expensive and I believe the software is free. It won't start shipping until the end of July, but I'm anxious to begin using it. Go to Fitbit.com to read about this new device.
  • Thanks for mentioning the Fitbit, it looks really interesting. Have to look into it a bit more.