3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   My Madal Bal Lemon Detox/Master Cleanse Experience (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/170183-my-madal-bal-lemon-detox-master-cleanse-experience.html)

SkinnyLibby 04-26-2009 08:41 PM

My Madal Bal Lemon Detox/Master Cleanse Experience

I did the Madal Bal Optimum version of this detox, for 10 days.

I was as hesitant and sceptical as so many of you, but after several close friends told me first hand about their results (not to mention I saw them myself!) I gave it a try.

Firstly, if you have issues with eating, this is obviously not going to help long term. It teaches you nothing about healthy portion control, is quite anti-social, and removes the pleasure you get from food. The first few days are quite exhausting also.

Ok, bad stuff done.

Now, I know heaps of people think this is a terrible idea so I'm just going to tell you what I personally found.

I was not very overweight, I had about 15 pounds to lose.

I lost 10 pounds in ten days on this diet. All water weight? Maybe. But it is now a month later and NONE of that weight has come back, in fact I have lost a further 4 pounds.

I felt clean, light and healthy. My hair was shiny, my nails were strong, I got back in to exercising, and my skin was spot-free for the first time since childhood.

Maybe this is all an elaborate response to a placebo effect. I would have to say I don't really care if it is!

The feeling of wellbeing motivated me to stay on track and eat more healthily. I could probably have achieved the same results with an organic, meat-free diet for 10 days, but hey, this works too.

The syrup is rich in vitamins and minerals, so it is NOT just sugar water. Particularly zinc, potassium and calcium.

In the end, I was certainly not harmed by the detox, and I came out feeling great. Maybe not for everyone, but it worked for me.

Anyway, just my two cents. :)

glitterducky 05-06-2009 12:39 AM

I'm sure I buy this. I mean, you're already slim. It seems like you just lost water weight and changed your diet also, to further lose 4 lbs. This is not a soltuion to obesity, nor is it logical for someone who is 300 lbs or even 200.

You basically starved yourself for 10 days and are now probably on a low fat or low calorie diet.

Other words, I'm not buying it.

SkinnyLibby 05-16-2009 08:57 PM

Glitterducky:

You are right, and a lot of your concerns I think I discussed above in my original post. Obviously this diet is not for everyone. Nor is it, strictly, a diet. It is meant to be a detox. And yes, I did change my diet after the fast, which is undoubtedly responsible for my subsequent weight loss. But I'd been trying to change my diet for MONTHS and had not, until I did the detox. Since then, my cravings for sugary, salty, processed foods have subsided, and been replaced by a desire to eat clean, natural foods. I eat around 2000 calories of healthy foods a day and try to exercise around 4 times a week. My diet is not particularly low fat or low calorie but is certainly high in protein.

I know I was not very overweight to begin with, and I am not claiming that this is a potential solution to obesity. I'm just saying that, for someone like me, who was a bit out of shape and feeling unhealthy and unmotivated, it worked wonders. :)