Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #1  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Default Standard Process Purification Program

My chiro wants me to do a 21 day detox program. It isn't fasting but for me it's definitely very different. It also costs $250 for the supplements and a meeting with him each week. I found the price of the supplements so I know he isn't really making any money off me. Basically, for 21 days I eat their diet and I take a butt load of supplements in the form of capsules and powder I use for a "shake". I can eat:

- lean meats prepared without anything on them except fresh herbs
- eggs
- many types of raw vegetables and several types steamed for 4 minutes
- limited amount of fruits
- real mayonnaise and coconut oil

That's all.
NO grains
NO beans
NO nuts
NO dairy
NO grains
NO rice
Nothing that is not on the list

Has anyone ever done it? Did you feel better afterward? How was the actual process?

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 03-04-2009 at 01:45 AM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

I'm thinking more and more that perhaps I should just try the "diet" and skip the expensive supplementation. I take a bazillion on my own already. I could add in a few from what they were going to give me and call it a day.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah I'd skip the supplements, thats a bit insane. Although most detox diets I've heard of don't include meat because meat is harder on the body to digest. Also since eggs are an allergen for many, most detox diets I've seen don't include it. It basically just looks like a very low carb diet, depending on how much fruit you are able to eat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Good decision.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

The way their website lays it out you do not have meat for the first 11 days or you do not have it at all. I guess my chiro does it a little differently. He is also allowing me butter which the program does not do.