Xenedrine EFX-Without Ephedra

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • anyone gotten heartburn with the EFX version? I never took the regular, just started the EFX (on monday) Today is my second day, and although my appetite has been suppressed (at least durning the day, nighttime I'm having problems with now) I have heartburn really bad and have had to take a pepcid.
  • I started taking EFX about 6 months ago and loved it...but i stopped taking it...for no reason...i loved the way it made me feel and the way it curved my appitite...i have lost nearly 12 lbs on my own in the last 2 weeks and i am going to start taking it again...the only side effect that it had with me is that i skipped a period when i started taking it...that's it...

Amber
  • Frogger and Amber, It has been about month since you posted. Are you still using this product? Do you like it? Have you been sucessful?
  • Can you take these pills the rest of your life? Will you be able to maintain your loss if you don't? Why are you wasting your money instead of learning to eat properly? Time after time the health problems brought on by diet pills are published yet foolish people still keep taking them. There are currently over 3000 suits against Metabolife yet the continue to sell it.
  • Yep Susan, but I don't think they're selling the Ephedra version of Metabolife anymore.

It's not the FDA cracking down - they can't due to legislation passed in the 90's that was pushed by the supplement manufacturers - but the liability insurance carriers, who increased the premium for companies who manufacture and distribute ephedra products. Xenadrine, Metabolife, EAS, Biotest and now Hydroxycut are all coming out with new formulas that don't have ephedra in them (and I'm sure that's only a partial list). There was an interesting article in the last issue of Glamour magazine about ephedra - you might wanna check it out.
  • I gave up on the Xenedrine about 3 weeks ago. I was more hungry taking it than not taking it. I did lose 6lbs on the pills, but it's not worth thinking about food or when to eat next. That's what I felt like.
  • I am still taking it and still loving it! I take 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon...seems to be working great for me...I am losing the weight slowly...I don't know how people say they lose it fast with Xenadrine EFX...I exercise about an hr daily and drink lots of water and eat losts of fruit and chicken...who knows...but i am steady at about 1-2 lbs per week...I do find myself hungry about 2 hrs after I eat a meal, but I eat fruit ...they say you should be eating 5-6 meals a day...I don't eat after 8 (that ones hard)....

Hope all is well, I hope I'm not the only one still taking it
  • HMMM Is it the Xendarine or the hard work your putting into it Amby?

Miss Chris
  • I think it's a bit of both...I have horrible times with depression and the xenadrine helps with those mood swings...and It also helps suppress my appetite...and makes me want to drink more water...I will eventually quit taking the Xenadrine...but I feel like it's really working now...

I have lost another 1.5 lbs this week
  • I'm looking into this just for the appetite suppresant qualities. Most of the time it's not a problem but the week before my period I am hungry ALL DAY. I've tried more protein, more fiber, more exercise, less exercise, green tea, and just trying to sleep through it but I just STAY hungry that whole week.

Is is the Xenadrine (ephedra free version) likely to help with this? Because NOTHING else does.

I'm not looking to rev up my metabolisim or burn fat or antything other than get a little help on the hunger front for one week a month.
  • I would suggest drinking lots of water...that usually helps me during that week...

is the eating during that week causing you to gain weight?

if not...then i so don't worry about it...
  • I do usually gain during that week (generally canceling out the hard work I've done the rest of the month). Besides that, it's just a pain to be hungry ALL the time. Urgh.
  • trust me...i know that feeling...since i started working out and my metabolism was readjusted....I am now hungry ALL the time...I am consuming about 1300-1500 calories a day...along with plenty of water...I have lost 17 lbs so far...I did used Xenedrine EFX for several weeks and then took myself off of it to make sure that I could maintain my weight without the pills....and i have succeeded....

If you are only looking to lose 10 lbs...and nothing else you do is working...then i would say give it a try...but follow the directions...I only took 1 pill 2 times a day and It was easy for the weight to come off...

how tall are you? how much do you weigh?
  • Thanks for the advice.

Really, it's more about staving off the hunger that one week of the month. I don't care if I don't lose a pound that week as long as I'm not hungry the WHOLE week, y'know?
  • i know what you mean....But i have found that the more water i drink, the fuller I stay and I am not really hungry...

Also, keep in mind that thirst can be mistaken for hunger...

try this, Drink a full glass of water, and if you are still "hungry" 30 minutes later, then get something to eat....but make it like fruit, or something like that....

let me know if that works