Sensa? Appetite Suppresant

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • I just took a quick Google search, and my impression would be to stay very clear of this product. From what I've read - it's a big scam - and not an easy one to get out from under, because the "free trial" gives them your credit card number, and they keep billing and billing and billing.

If you're absolutely determined to try it - don't use a "real" credit card. Use one of those prefilled cards you can get from Walmart and other department stores. The kind that when the money is used up, the company can't get more from you.
  • Rachel Ray just did a segment on this on her afternoon talk show (it was under the "human lab" section). She did a test on a bunch of weight loss things for some women that worked at a bakery to see if they worked. You might want to check this out on the RR talk show website, but basically, the gal who tried it said she didn't see any differences after trying it for a month. Rachel did add that the company says you must be on the program for 6 months though before seeing any real results. I guess it is based on some science that a neurologist had done? Sounds interesting, but I sure don't believe it.

Hope this helps!
  • I think the bigger worry with this, is the difficulty customers have had cancelling their order. The company kept sending them product and kept billing their credit card month after month, and the customers had trouble getting their money back, the company arguing that they had never properly cancelled their order.

These scams are not just about ineffecftive weight loss products anymore - it's about fraudulent and unethical credit card billing. Speaking from experience (not with weight loss products, but with other subscription services) it can be extremely difficult to cancel these "membership" and "free trial" deals. It can be left to your word against the companies as to whether you complied with the terms of the contract. Be careful. Once they get your credit card, debit card, checking account, or bank number, it can be very difficult to get them to stop charging that account.
  • I always hear about people falling for these scams on dietsinreview.com. I like to look at the diets and their ratings, the ones with low ratings are the ones that have a ton of comments from people saying they've been scammed by the company. Sometimes people get confused and don't realize it's a diet review site and threaten to sue or try to cancel orders in the comments section.

Here's the link http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/sensa/
  • I used Sensa - only for about a week because I kept forgetting to use it on my food but was still able to stay on plan without it. Did it really make me feel fuller on less food? I'm not sure, but for whatever reason, it served to jumpstart me on this journey and I've lost over 40 lbs since November - and even more importantly, I'm still on plan.

I do agree with the point about the not-really-free trial. That was the one negative I found when I researched it. Most people were generally satisfied with the product itself, and the criticism was only about the marketing practices. So I did not do a free trial - I did a one-time order with no renewals and I used a credit card that allows me to obtain a temporary card number that expires after the transaction, so even if they had tried to put another charge through, it would have been rejected. But as far as I know, that never happened.

I just found something I posted a while back with a bit more detail
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3102747-post25.html
  • thanks for the infor.
  • StephanieM- thanks for the info about dietsinreview I had never heard of them.
  • Quote: Sometimes people get confused and don't realize it's a diet review site and threaten to sue or try to cancel orders in the comments section.
    We get email all the time from angry customers demanding refunds for just about every diet product discussed here. I'm glad to know it's not just something about us that makes us special
  • Has anyone tried SENSA??
    I just watched it on Shop NBC this weekend and I had bought some in the past but never opened it because it seems so silly but I just wonder.....so...anyone?
  • It doesn't work. Expensive waste of time and money!
  • Sensa
    Hey All,

My friend is currently using Sensa, a powder that she sprinkles on everything she eats. It's supposed to work with your sense of smell to make you feel fuller, faster. It's also supposed to be completely safe. (dm.trysensa.com)

She SWEARS it works. She's only been using it for a few days, but she says she'll take a couple of bites of unhealthy food (like Pizza or chinese food from a food court) and then feel completely full. I'm still dubious, though. Has anyone else tried it?
  • I've seen commercials on tv for this and checked out the site. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that you're still eating unhealthy food ... just in smaller amounts. It's still bad calories.

I've considered buying the product but I agree with feeling unsure about the product.
  • I'm not aware of any non-prescription diet product that has been proven to work. Many diet products sort of work - not because they really work - but because you really want them to work, so you pay more attention to what you are eating without realizing it.

If this product really worked like it claims, then how come after being on the market for several years, it's not getting unsolicited recommendations? Why aren't our doctors pushing it, or why isn't it making headlines on CNN etc?

There was a previous thread on Sensa that should be of help.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...uppresant.html
  • Sensa...does it work?
    Hi everyone!
    I am a newbie and I was wondering if anyone has tried Sensa? I have tried everything for appetite control and nothing has worked. If anyone has tried this product please let me know if it worked or not. Thanks.
  • I use it and it really does work. It helps to eat slow to realize the full feeling before you get too stuffed. I ate too much once while using it and I was miserably full. I have had no side effects either. I love it. I think they sell it at GNC now. Good Luck!