Body Solutions?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Anyone else fall into this stupid scam? I bought the stuff, which you are supposed to take at night, at least 3 hours after your last meal.

A guy at GNC told me the reason this works is the fasting before bed time -- in other words, not eating after 6 or 7pm. I can't use the stuff now, because my schedule is such that I work out at night, don't get home until 7 or 8pm, and I have to eat something (having not eaten since lunch time).

In any case, I'm in a good place right now -- being faitful to WW and exercising at least 5x/week, but I was still curious if anyone had tried this, or if they have any data on it.

Thanks!

SNS
  • I have heard their commercials and wondered what it is. Do you know what is in it?
  • Here is the website for it:
    http://www.bodysolutions.com/Home/Default.asp

Kel
  • Thanks, Kel --

Their marketing sure is swell! But I think I'll pass until or if I change my workout schedule. I know that you shouldn't eat really late at night and you shouldn't eat a lot, but usually by 8pm when I get home I've only had about 15 points -- I try to each something light and good for me (yeah, that's it! Like Frozen Yoghurt! snicker)

Anyway, I also wanted to respond to your tongue scraping comment -- I, too, scrub the heck out of the nasty rascal, but I don't think I'll have it shaved anytime soon! Yech!

Are you also on Valen-tiny? I'm sure we'll see one another around -- I've enjoyed your posts for many months!

Asta, I'm not sure what's in the formula -- if I remember I'll jot it down and send it to you. I know that Ephidrene (spelling?) is NOT in it, so that much is a good thing. Again, I think what makes this program (?) successful is not eating after 6pm. Just doing that, alone -- consistently -- will slowly peel the pounds off (in my humble but possibly incorrect opinion!)

See you guys around -- I'll be on Valen-tiny if you want to chat again!

Chow!
  • I don't know if this means anything - but I went to the website, and I got a pop-up box through Windows that said "The security of this site has been revolked. This site should not be trusted."

I know this means that if you order online that it's no longer secure, but it made me laugh anyway. Must be a sign from above!
  • Actually what happens is they forget to renew the security info and then they get revoked. I don't know I do know someone who uses it and has gone from a "12" to "6". But I believe it is because she isn't snacking so much not because of the product.
  • I have a friend that has been on Body Solutions for 5 weeks and hasn't lost any weight. She hops on the scale and she weighs the same. She only has around 10-15 pounds to lose. She says she feels like she weighs less, but her clothes don't fit any looser. It's very expensive, they have a "no-return" policy and it is incredibly inconvenient for her, having to wait at least 3 hours after eating before she can take it and go to bed.

However, if any of you know people that have lost weight with this, please let me know.

Michelle
  • My cousin uses it
    We visited him at Thanksgiving, and he has lost 10 or 15 lbs -- but I'm quite sure it's due to the elimination of nighttime eating.

One of the ingredients is aloe vera, which I think is pretty harmless, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.

Carrie
  • Calorad
    This formula is a copycat of Calorad that was out a few years ago.

It doesn't work; I thought about selling Calorad; when it didn't work, I didn't sell it.

Please folks, save your money for regular, good food. There is no magic pill for us. I think the "scamsters" see us coming and prey on those of us who are desperate to lose fat.

Blessings!
  • My sister took it faithfull for quite a while...
    She says she did loose some weight, but it was from the not eating at night, not from the Body Solutions.

What gets me is the raido advertising. Almost every station here had a DJ that hypes the product and says that they have lost "X#of pounds" in "X#of weeks. And it's never very much!!!

I'd say save your money.
  • Body Solution my butt..
    Every DJ from the west coast to the east coast is advertising the BS thing. AND BOY, I do think it is a load of B.S. all right!

We sure do all of the sudden have a mountain full of over weight DJ's claiming miracles. I would think twice! Uh Huh

Just another mental drug on the market.
  • What is Valen-tiny
    I keep seeing references to this - just wondering if it is another site or a thread that I'm missing

Susie
  • Just bringing this up!
  • Interesting article in today's news...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...549EST0019.DTL

Quote:
    Weight-loss formula doesn't live up to promises, government says
    DAVID HO, Associated Press Writer
    Friday, December 6, 2002
    ©2002 Associated Press

(12-06) 02:49 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

Federal and state fraud fighters have sued a San Antonio company that said its weight-loss product would allow users to gorge on pizza, beer and tacos and burn away the fat while sleeping.

The Federal Trade Commission said Thursday that Mark Nutritionals Inc. used radio disc jockeys on more than 650 stations in 110 cities to sell its Body Solutions Evening Weight Loss Formula.

One radio ad included this claim read by a DJ: "It helped me lose 36 pounds and it helps me maintain through the holidays. I mean, I ate so much over Thanksgiving, I still have turkey burps. But thanks to Body Solutions, I keep the weight off and now I'm ready for Christmas."

The agency is not suing the DJs who read the ads, which were broadcast in English and Spanish.

"This was bilingual deception," said Howard Beales, director of the agency's consumer protection bureau.

The FTC lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in San Antonio. Texas and Illinois officials filed similar lawsuits Thursday.

The company, which filed for bankruptcy protection in September, has taken in $190 million since 1999 selling its Body Solutions products, the FTC said. The company still sells the weight-loss product on its Web site, charging $43 for a 15-ounce bottle.

Larry Cochran, acting chief executive of Mark Nutritionals since the bankruptcy, said the company has agreed to change its advertising to address the FTC's concerns.

"We are moving forward with a new way to promote and advertise our product," he said.

The weight loss formula is a liquid that consumers are instructed to drink before going to bed and at least three hours after eating or drinking. The ingredients have changed over time, the FTC said, but most recently included aloe vera gel and various herbs and supplements.

The FTC said there is no scientific proof any of the ingredients promote weight loss.

The FTC said the false claims included statements that the product would "cause substantial weight loss even if users eat substantial amounts of high-calorie foods such as pizza, beer, tacos, nachos, cheese grits and doughnuts."

Consumers ordered the formula over the Internet or by calling a toll-free number. The product also has been sold since the summer in Wal-Mart, Eckerd, Kmart and Walgreens, the FTC said.

The FTC is seeking preliminary and permanent injunctions against the company to stop any deceptive claims. The agency also is seeking refunds for consumers.

Beales criticized the media for accepting advertisements like those for the weight-loss formula.

"We need help from responsible media outlets to keep these kinds of advertising from reaching the public," he said.

Beales said the FTC is developing a list of dubious weight-loss claims and wants to work with the media to screen those promotions.
  • I bought something similiar to this awhile back
    It was called Tonalin I believe. I only paide $14.99 for it, but then again that's money I will never get back. It tasted awful, plus I am sensitive to Aloe Vera and ended up with little sore around my mouth. I thought that maybe thats how it works, makes your mouth sore so you can't put anything in!

Its so sad, myself included, to be taken for this kind of ride. They just are so using that desperation to be thin to take your money. Hence Hydroxycut and Zymax that only made me feel jittery without losing a pound. Then I was really mad at Target today when I saw the stupid IGIA muscle shocker thing on sale!

Miss Chris