Special K Cereal Promotion

• Special K Cereal says that by eating there cereal you can drop a jean size in 2 weeks. Now they have a promotion also where you can get $10 toward a pair of jeans for trying this. So, anyone tried it??
  • You might lose weight, it's basically a strictly counted calorie portion for breakfast/lunch, but temporary weight loss isn't very satisfying. I tried similar things in the past (slim fast) but I never kept any weight off.
  • I agree, if you read their plan, I'm pretty sure you have to have the cereal or Special K bar for breakfast and lunch, with a portion-controlled dinner. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I read the fine print on the cereal box and this is what it said. The bars are only 90 cals and the cereal is I think somewhere between 100-150 cals. This for me is not enough for breakfast, I regularly consume between 300-500 cals for breakfast!
  • The cereal is around $4 a box. Is it worth $6 to you to crash-diet for two weeks?
  • http://www.specialk.com/index.html?id=challenge

Here is the website that explains the "Special K Challenge".

Basically, you eat Special K cereal w/ skim milk & fruit for breakfast, replace another meal with the cereal or a Special K protein bar, eat your third meal as you normally do, and have two snacks of the Special K variety. You add in fruits and veggies for snacks, and drink what you normally would.

This is not enough diet variety for me. I think I would be getting sick of Special K foods by the end of the third day!
  • It's a starvation diet. You'll just regain it in the end.
  • my friend lost 80 pounds on special K. She always ate it with a low fat yogurt or a piece of fruit.
    but she had it for breakfest and lunch so who knows.
  • Nothing "special" in the ingredients. It's low calorie if you eat a small portion, but with little fiber or protein and HFCS, I'd be hungrier shortly after eating it than I was prior.

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/71331.html

Special K Ingredients:

Rice, wheat gluten, sugar, defatted wheat germ, salt, high fructose corn syrup, dried whey, malt flavoring, calcium caseinate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), reduced iron, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, and vitamin B12.