diet teas

• my mom bought this teas cause shes trying to lose weight & I want to try it too but idk what effect it might have on my body or if i will get sick by using it

its caffeine free and natural and says it "cleanses your system by getting rid of unwanted gas products"

i think i should be fine but im going to try it over the weekend incase i use the bathroom more then i want.

THe teas is called Trim Maxx
  • You might not want to drink that It's a laxative product.

It has no effect on body fat loss. If you weigh less after you use it, it's just because you used the bathroom and it will come back on as soon as you eat anything or even drink water.

There's also been a lot of cases of serious illnesses from using products like that.
  • Quote: You might not want to drink that It's a laxative product.

It has no effect on body fat loss. If you weigh less after you use it, it's just because you used the bathroom and it will come back on as soon as you eat anything or even drink water.

There's also been a lot of cases of serious illnesses from using products like that.
    hmm thanks. should i mention that to my mom though? shes has an attitude when i try to explain that what shes doing isnt good.
  • I think you should at least mention the laxative effect. You don't have to tell her in a way that says she's doing anything wrong (most people hate that). But, without seeming critical, casually mentioning that you've learned that the ingredients are in large part a laxative would be a courtesy (rather than she find out after she's drunk large quantities in a short time and find out herself in a very unpleasant way).
  • I agree...

My DH likes to go to the asian market and buy things that look interesting, especially tea. One day he brought home a tea I had never heard of so I looked it up. It was a laxative tea. The box didn't say diet tea or laxative, it just said "whatever" tea. One reason to always look up ingredients of things you are not familiar with and see what effects they may have on you
  • she knows its a laxative tea. in fact, i think thats why she bought it... because she thinks laxatives help you lose weight and stay on track. hm
  • I've never understood that reasoning Laxatives may empty your bowels quicker, but do nothing for the extra fat on our bodies. Plus by the time the food has reached that point in your intestines, your body has already processed the calories anyway. When I diet, I want to get rid of the layer of fat under my skin. Sitting on a toilet isn't going to do a darned thing for that.
  • I never understood it either.. people just need to eat healthy and exercise if the want to lose weight the healthy way
  • Hello friends, I am not particularly concerned about the nutritional properties or the taste of any given product when it comes to weight loss. But unlike the mistake which most people make I do like to investigate about a product before trying it in person. Now regarding the use of diet teas I have come across people who are rather optimistic about their weight loss properties and some people I have even met in person who have used the same as a mean for their weight loss. Now some people I see are saying otherwise, so I would like to know how did the diet teas prove effective to some while the otherwise to another section?