Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Intimidated by intrigued....P90X

Anyone seen this bad *** commercial? I was impressed by the fact one of the beach body founders was in it as a success story... but it seemed so extreme, real, but extreme. I wonder if someone my size could put it for a test run? Has anyone used it or know someone who has tried the system of "muscle confusion"? I like the little slogan too, "I hate it! BUT I love it!"

Here is the website with clips. I don't find the layout very attractive, but I am probably not the type of client they are trying to attract. I'm bored though, and need someone new.

http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...RY&path=1,2,21
Old 08-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Actually I have Turbo Jam and Yoga Booty Ballet and those kick my butt to say the least and I choose the easiest videos and the shortest ones too all the time. I haven't graduated to the others yet since I am not consistent in doing those videos every single day. I get bored too. I am going to do P90X eventually since I've basically lost all muscle tone that I used to have. You can find the videos online at Amazon.com for much cheaper though since they are expensive. Don't feel bad if p90X intimidates you! It does me too! :-)
Old 08-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The exercise regimen they talk about makes sense, but I think that something like P90x is *probably* more for the type of person who already works out a lot, but can't get those "rock hard abs" I thought of trying it but seriously? I don't know if I can do more than one pull up. How would I ever keep up?!?!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #4  

Modkittn, Yes it is for someone that wants serious definition in their body. I used to be very defined and absolutely loved being in a size 4-6 even though I was a good 130 pounds and nobody ever believed that I weighed that much either!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #5  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I think for P90x they recommend you be close to goal weight as it is pretty extreme and generally not good for weight loss. Lots of the exercises involve supporting your own body weight (pull ups etc) They actually have a "fit test" to tell you if you're ready I can't find my bookmark at the moment for that, but I'll keep looking.

It is said to be very effective though. Might take a look at the beach body message boards (there is one for p90x) or videofitness.com there is a fairly large group of women who are on or have tried it.

I hope to be able to try it out one day too. For now it's just Turbo Jam for me as far as beachbody products go.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

This page should help answer some questions and there is a link to download the Fit Test PDF file

http://www.beachbody.com/text/conten...90xforyou.html

Hope that helps!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #7  

Thanks for that idealmuse.. I am not going to do P90 or P90X until I am relatively close to my goal weight due to concerns about me hurting myself. It recommends you do P90 or Slim in 6 first before doing P90X.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #8  
Work it, Girl!!

S/C/G: 160/157.2/115

Height: 5'4''

n my opinion, BeachBody products are usually quite intense and effective. I've got Project:You, SI6, SlimSeries, TurboJam, and I've tried YBB (but gave it away--too boring for me!) However, P90X is very intriguing, I agree! But it is probably something for people who are already in excellent shape, but who want TOTAL definition. I'd like to do it in the future! It certainly DOES look kick-***!!!!!!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 08-20-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: fixed size
Old 08-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Thanks for that idealmuse.. I am not going to do P90 or P90X until I am relatively close to my goal weight due to concerns about me hurting myself. It recommends you do P90 or Slim in 6 first before doing P90X.
I have 'em all.

Unless you're totally sedentary, you can do Power 90 without being close to goal weight. The next step up would be Power Half Hour, and then, Power 90 Masters. If you're already in 'fair' shape (even if not near goal weight), I'd start with either Power Half Hour or Power 90 Masters.

The weights are cardio of P90x aren't the hard part...it's the core stuff. It is VERY VERY tough.

I don't think that Slim In 6 will prepare you for that, but Power 90 Masters will get you close.

If you're in decent shape (even if not near goal weight) go with Slim Series over Slim in 6. It uses the 'muscle confusion/overtraining' method. It's different from Power 90x, but it's still VERY good.

TurboJam, YogaBooty Ballet, and HHA aren't in the same league as the programs mentioned above.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

"TJ, YBB aren't in the same league..."

Technically true, but I don't think they claim to be either. They are great but for different reasons.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
"TJ, YBB aren't in the same league..."

Technically true, but I don't think they claim to be either. They are great but for different reasons.
My post wasn't a response to any claims made by BeachBody (sorry that wasn't clear).

I didn't think YBB was 'great' (TJ, either, ftm).
Closed Thread