Has anyone tried Green Bags?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I've been wondering about these. Maybe I should give it a try? Everything seems to go bad so fast and it's **** to drag 3 kids to the store 2 to 3 times a week to get fresh stuff.
  • Yeah, I HATED to toss produce - and did it fairly often before I had these bags. They are reusable for a time also. I have had mine for nearly 4 months now and I think some of them are maybe starting to die. I think the manufacturers say they work well for at least 10 storages.

I notice that there are also bags for meat (red), cheese (blue), bread (yellow). We don't have a problem wasting meats or cheese, but our bread (tortillas, pitas, bagels, bread) always go stale before we eat it all. Anyone use the yellow bags too?
  • So happy I did a search for these because I desparately need them. I am always throwing fruits and veggies away because I tend to buy too much also. I'm also thinking of signing up for a CSA so I need to be ready. I just scanned through some tv channels and either HSN or QVC was selling Debbie Meyer green boxes.
  • I actually found the green bags at my local HEB (grocery store). About 10 bucks for 20 bags. Is this comparable to what you guys are paying for them?
  • I use the Ziplock vegetable bags. They are cheaper by far and really work. I originally used them because I had a fruit fly infestation in the kitchen. They were madly in love with my tomatoes and bananas. They died but my fruit is staying fresh longer than normal. I've got a basket of peaches stored in the ziplocks right now and am curious to see if they ripen in them or do I have to use a brown bag.