Weight Loss Cure by Kevin Trudeau

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • OK, so I'm flippin through the channels since there doesn't seem to be anything on and I come across this infomercial with this Kevin Trudeau cat selling his book "The Weight Loss Cure"

He's all like "I lost 45 pounds in 45 days and it stays off no matter what I eat", and of course it sounds too good to be true...which usually means it's NOT true.

But, just the same I'm curious about what the heck he's doing that made him lose weight but I don't want to spend $14.95 for his book because I could probably put those funds to better use elsewhere.

So, has anyone looked into this guy's deal to see if there is any potential to whatever is in his book?

Like, what is actually in the book?
    Does anyone know?
  • We reviewed it here recently, maybe that will help

But in a nutshell, it's a 500 calorie per day starvation diet, followed in combination with hcg injections which you'll likely have to leave the country to receive because it's not FDA approved for weight loss.

Save your money
  • On the other hand, I was just reading that the primary focus is eating whole foods and keeping your plumbing clean...which is correct.

But, I don't need to buy his book to understand that.
    Tanx!
  • This guy is snake oil salesman and has been in prison for his scams.You can get all the info you need at this site as well as several others and it won't cost you a cent.
  • I concur with Bargoo... with this guy, everything is a "conspiracy"... Don't waste your time or money on anything this guy sells or endorses.
  • Ok, I will admit, guilty as charged. I bought the book. What a waste of money! I bought it, not knowing who he was or his past criminal record.

First of all, all the "cleansings" you have to do before you even attempt to go on a strict diet is costly and not to mention, timely. I don't know about you, but I don't have a whole weekend to dedicate to a liver cleanse, then another weekend for another cleanse and so on.

Oh, and then there's the expensive "supplements" you have to buy, on top of doing the cleanses. I'm trying to figure out how he had time to lose 40 pounds by the time he bought all this stuff, did the cleanses, took the supplements, went for massages (yes, you have to go for massages to clean out toxins!) and a whole lot of other crap that just isn't feasible cost and time wise.

Then there's the diet. Well, if you look around this website, you can find whole foods diets for FREE on here and not waste your time and money reading the book. Not to mention, you'll be on your way to losing weight much quicker at a much lower cost, if you catch my drift.
  • Complete Crap!
  • Quote: Complete Crap!
    I've heard of "Whole Foods", so can I assume "Complete Crap" is just the opposite?

What about foods that aren't totally bad, would those be "Incomplete Crap"
  • ha!
  • Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself from attempting occasional humor, however bad it may be.
  • thanks for the advice, I was really looking for input about this book, just shows the old saying " sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't".
    I will keep up the food journal and workouts, that I do know works...and add more water that I know I need to do anyway...thanks for all the imput.
  • Quote: I've heard of "Whole Foods", so can I assume "Complete Crap" is just the opposite?

What about foods that aren't totally bad, would those be "Incomplete Crap"
  • What a crock of @#$%! I hate seeing his stupid chubby face (I don't believe he lost 45 lbs!) and want to throw something at the screen. He tries so hard to look sincere that it's sickening.
  • I find him extremely annoying also. I leave the TV on all night for sound and light and he seems to be always on with some nonsense or other and the latest one is this weight loss book
  • yes i hear some of the things are weird. trudeau is bad but the ideas are good only because he took them from another doctor by the name of
    dr. simeons. doctors do precribe the hcg shots if they are aware of the benefits. europe use these shots on a daily basis. if you look up hcg shot you get people who do the shots and recommend them. Dr.simeons work is on internet for free. i am planning on doing the shots, for about $300 and no more dieting, its good.