3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   The Fitness Challenge Board Game? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/118238-fitness-challenge-board-game.html)

doIlookfat? 07-18-2007 03:24 PM

The Fitness Challenge Board Game?

I saw this advertised on Amazon. Anyone ever tried it or know someone who has? Sounds like an interesting and fun way to get exercise in.

Heidi

Suzanne 3FC 07-18-2007 04:44 PM

I have it! I bought it last year and planned to write a review before Christmas, because we thought it would make a good Christmas present. I can't remember what happened, but I didn't finish it in time.

Here's what I had written, in case it's helpful.

Quote:

Are you looking for the perfect gift for that 'hard to buy for' person? The Fitness Challenge is a board game that's great for kids and adults, and especially good for the person you want to encourage to exercise. Better yet, buy it for yourself, and challenge someone to play it with you. The game is just for two people, and takes 8 weeks to play. You can buy extra game sets so more people can play at one time. By the end of the game, you'll be more fit and may even have lost a few pounds!

How does it work? Inside the box is a large scorecard with a write on - wipe off surface, a special pen to write with, star stickers to keep score, and Wagering Coupons that you'll use to challenge your game partner. You can use magnetic strips to attach the board to your refrigerator, or hang it on a wall, and display the Wagering Coupons on it with clips. The scorecard is actually an 8 week calendar which lets you track which days you exercise, and how many points you earn. You are also given a list of suggested exercises which last between 20 and 30 minutes per day. You'll get 1 point for each of the first two days you exercise in a week, and 3 points for the third day you exercise during the same week. This encourages you to exercise at least 3 times during any week. The goal is to earn 40 points by the end of the game.
From the package:
With The Fitness Challenge Scorecard, you and your workout buddy get a fun and simple way to track your progress as you progress on your track. Pick from a selection of zany coupons to make up a Wager Book. The Wager Book is your incentive to stay on track... and your opportunity to stick it to your partner if they don't hold up their end of the bargain!

Game rules are designed to motivate you to exercise at least three days a week, every week, for eight weeks. From walking to mountain climbing, the range of workout choices accommodates any lifestyle.

To begin the game, you and your partner will choose your Wagering Coupons which the winner will cash in at the end of the game. The Wagering Coupons contain a wide variety of tasks to choose from, covering categories such as Around the House, Parenthood, Pets, Big Stakes, For the Kids, V.I.P., and Custom Coupons. Many look like fun bets, such as making your partner wash your car, run your errands, or pay for dinner. Parents can make each other take over tasks such as babysitting or packing lunches.

If you're partner is a child, you might want to sort out the wagering coupons before you play. We were surprised to see one coupon for "I get a movie with anything I want from the candy counter" Other questionable coupons were Automatic Snow Day and I get my own cell phone. There are plenty of more suitable cards to choose from, including chore-free days and sleeping late on the weekends.

The game is very flexible and you can make changes to suit your needs. You can choose to cash in your Wagering Coupons each week instead of at the end of the 8 week period. You can write your own wagers on the blank cards to personalize the game.