3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   dexatrim max appetite suppresent?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/112813-dexatrim-max-appetite-suppresent.html)

caseygail21 05-16-2007 06:58 PM

dexatrim max appetite suppresent??

does anyone know anything about it and/or tried it. I have a problem w/ cravings in the evenings and this seems like a dream come true but I'm not a big fan of diet pills.

Get n healthy 05-16-2007 09:20 PM

I tried it, it never did anything for me. Very few, if any, over the counter appetite suppresants ever do anything for me though.

I have wicked cravings too though, mine hit after lunch until dinner. I find the only thing that helps me is to not have it in the house. If its not there, i cant eat it. I cant even have cashews in the house, they are a great healthy snack....IF, you can just eat a few...i cant just eat a few. But sometimes i just HAVE to have chocolate, so i find something chocolate that i "sort of" like, that way, i get my chocolate but i dont over eat, like i would brownies or something, just a bite here or there and i am good to go. So maybe you could evaluate your cravings and see if you can adjust them as you need to.

caseygail21 05-17-2007 01:32 PM

I don't necessarily crave anything specific.. it's just after supper I feel the urge to find more to eat. I know it's because, I don't eat enough during the day and I when I get home at the end of the day I'm starving, and want to eat everything in sight. It sounds simple to fix, just eat more during the day. But it is hard for me, I go to school so I can't just bring anything to snack on, it's hard to find healthy snacks that keep you full throughout the day... and there is no way I'm buying anything out of the snack machine lol

aphil 05-18-2007 07:36 AM

Chew a piece of sugarless gum after dinner when you have the hard time with cravings-5 calories, and no side effects other than an outlet for your wanting to taste and chew...and nice breath. ;)

iminhere 06-06-2007 08:23 PM

I have craving problems too...for anything ..esp. carbs and/or sweets :corn: ...it's really bad in the evening...

I ordered some of the Dexatrim Max for the evening because I heard good things about theanine (I suppose you could just get the theanine!!) I usually stay away from supplements...BUT I AM DESPERATE!!:yikes:

I can report on how it works for me.....

Natalia 06-07-2007 12:05 AM

what's in it?

You'd probably be better off just having 3-4 fiber pills and a big glass of water :) Then wait 15 minutes. You will not be wanting food at that point..lol

another trick I use when i'm having cravings is to have a protein shake and then I am so full I don't even want to look at food, and you could make a half serving so it's low in cals..and way lower than what you may be wolfing down without it..lol

iminhere 06-07-2007 01:09 AM

the dexatrim for evening cravings contains theanine, which is an amino acid that helps with anxiety driven cravings...it also helps with sleep...that is why I want to try it...I don't sleep well either...it doesn't contain any drugs....just aminos....

the fiber doesn't help with these kinds of cravings...because you still want to eat even though you are not hungry....

shootingstar67 06-07-2007 11:55 PM

Maybe I will try that fiber idea. I am so hungry all the time. It is a lack of food type of hunger. My 1500 calories a day diet leaves me very hungry. I can't stick to my diet.

What kind of fiber pills work?

aphil 06-08-2007 04:40 PM

Honestly, rather than pills or taking fiber supplements, I find the best thing is to eat foods that have high volume for the calories. You can eat a 100 Calorie Pack and get half a palmful of crackers, or you can eat 2 cups of strawberries for 90 calories-which is a lot more food. Oatmeal, fruit vegetables, eggs, lean chicken and turkey, and skim dairy are all larger for the calories.

Natalia 06-08-2007 11:02 PM

at first, though, when you're trying to tame the binge monster, the fiber can help (along with high volume foods)
You can use metamucil or psyllium husk pills..i think some girls here get powdered fiber and mix it with things like yogurt :) that would be very filling..

As for the cravings, I found I used to have very intense, very out of control cravings. Keeping my blood sugar steady by eating 5 times a day (3 meals, 2 snacks) and removing sugar and refined food from my eating has helped with the cravings 95%. I was very surprised with how well it actually worked (for me). Sugar begets sugar. So does processed crap.