Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:30 AM   #1  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

Default 6 week body makeover??

Is anyone doing the 6 week body makeover by Michael Thurmond? I received the information from a friend who bought it but didn't stick to it and started it monday. It's going to take a bit more than 6 weeks but it shows in the program that you can do this for as long as you like since it's not a "diet". I'm hoping to find some others who are doing this to keep up with and see how we progress.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #2  

Hi jcogs!

I started the 6 wk. body makeover diet a little while back but then my birthday came around and I sort of "Lost it". I am going to get back with really being strict with the diet again tomorrow and would love to share results. I'm still learning the ropes but I have lost 11 pounds so far. It wasn't hard either.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #3  
Mel

If you do a search in this forum, you'll find MANY past threads devoted to Michael Thurmond's 6 week makeover. I've never done it, but from what I've read and heard, it is a restrictive but healthy eating program, coupled with a vigourous workout program. And yes, the program works if YOU work it! Another similar program to look at is Bill Phillip's Body for Life. His progra is laid out in 12 week challenges. Any program where you eat less and move more will work! You just need to be consistent.

Congratulations on starting your new healthy life.

Mel
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #4  

I have been on the program 5 weeks and have lost 17 LB's. I weigh in tomorrow and hope to hit 20 LB's, that will be my half way point. I am not going to say it is easy by any means, but it does work. Will certainly take me longer than 6 weeks, but hey -17 is good for that short amount of time. I have not done the exercise for the past 3 weeks due to having surgery, but I can't wait to get back to it.

The first week or so is the hardest because you have to adjust to no salt and change the way you cook foods, but I have a habit of just doing it now. Yes I miss pizza, salt and ice cream, but it will be worth it. I hope to hit goal by the end of January. The program has to work, there are too many people on the boards that have lost lots of weight. But then sticking to it is the hard part.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

I've posted before on other threads... it's possible he has updated his program since I did it about 4 or 5 years ago. He had me eating 1/8 can of tuna fish, plain, on a lettuce leaf for lunch. Seriously.
Part of my problem is that I am a very picky eater. It would never have worked long term for me. Lost a bunch of weight, even without doing any exercise.. but it really felt more like a crash diet, literally - i almost fainted at work one day because i was so hungry. Not for me, but if he's updated his material or you are ok with eating very small amounts of food at a time... then go for it.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #6  

He must have updated because I certainly get a lot of food and I eat every three hours (which I did anyway to keep my blood sugar stable). I do not even eat the tuna even tho it is an option if I want it. I eat steaks, burgers, chicken and fish, things I normally ate anyway. I also have a potato or rice with most meals. I have now lost 22 LB's and 11.5 inches and wearing clothes I have not worn comfortably in over a year. I don't eat a lot of spicy foods, so I am limited to the spices I can use for flavor, but as far as being hungry, not usually and I even skip my PM snack most nights (that is the only one that is optional). The first few days are the worse, then I got into a groove and it is second nature now.

I am not saying this program is for everyone, but it is working for me (and 100's of others) so I am happy with it so far.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

well good. i'm glad. it must be revised.. it really has been several years. his new infomercial sucked me in and it looks better than it was.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

My 28 year-old son went on this diet -- he did VERY well. Lost about 70 pounds in only 4 months! But it IS restrictive -- he was allowed no salt, sugar, flour, dairy, fats, very little fruit. He ate tons of veggies, egg white omelets, fish, chicken, turkey. He was "required" to eat every 2 or 3 hours -- and even though he grew bored with the food and really didn't WANT to eat, he found that he lost better when he ate exactly to plan. He has maintained now for about 4 months by simply not adding back in junk (he is eating small quanitites of everything).
Old 12-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I bought the 6WMO and did the special body mapping, etc. Read the whole thing.... decided it wasn't for me. Sent it back. Got a refund. Woot.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Starting 145/ Goal 120

Height: 5'7

Default 6 week body makeover?

Has anyone had good results with the 6 week body makeover? I bought it a few years back and aside from initially setting up my metabolism profile, I have yet to use it. Is it worth dusting off and starting? How rigidly do you have to follow the plan to see results. I would really like some feedback as I need to start a plan soon.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #11  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedYoYoDieter View Post
Has anyone had good results with the 6 week body makeover? I bought it a few years back and aside from initially setting up my metabolism profile, I have yet to use it. Is it worth dusting off and starting? How rigidly do you have to follow the plan to see results. I would really like some feedback as I need to start a plan soon.
It worked for my hubby and I, oh about 3 years ago.

However, we are back up. Due to our own stupidity though!

It is very rigid and restricts a lot of food. But it really works! I am doing a modified version of it and it's already working. The big things with it are: No sugar, no salt, no wheat, no dairy, very low fat. LOTS of WATER! I do this diet now with small amounts of the restricted items. Basically it's having a lean protein with a veggie or whole grain carb.

Let me know if you have questions. I say it can work, at least to get jumpstarted.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Starting 145/ Goal 120

Height: 5'7

Thank you so much. I havent started the plan but cracked open the box last night. I just tried doing no sugar, no salt, no starch today and it did not go well---by 5pm I caved in and ate half a role of ritz crackers just for the salt content. I dont know what I am going to do. I need something rigid but dont know if I can give it all up at once
Old 01-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Who can live on no sugar, no salt, no starch, no anything! I wouldnt plan on having a makeover in "6 weeks"; don't believe the hype and dont starve yourself..of course it will work AT FIRST when you restrict your intake of everything; but how long can that be sustained? This is why people yoyo. Stick to a reasonable calorie amount, count your calories, and exercise everyday if possible. You'll lose the weight that way, and you dont even need to break out a book to accomplish that feat.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #14  
I'm on my *weigh*

S/C/G: 243/238/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 6 week body makeover by Michael Thurmond. Does it work?

http://sixweekbody.com/Default.aspx?...2c8d498f75d7fe

Has anyone used the 6 week body make over by Michael Thurmond?

They have a ton of testimonials of people loosing a lot of weight fast. I would rather hear from people who arent getting paid kwim. So has anyone her used it? Does it work?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I must be out of it, I didn't know it was an entire program.

I have the book which has a very simplistic diet. Also, it looks like the program includes exercises of some sort.

If you restrict your calories and exercise, you will lose weight. So your question as to whether or not it works, it does work. The question you should ask yourself is whether or not you need the program to restrict your calories and add exercise into your life.

You might want to check the book out at the library to get a feel for the eating plan.
Closed Thread