HOMedics body comp Scale

• I'm looking to buy a reliable scale- no luck with the "health-o-meter" I just bought. I saw HOMedics body composition scale and though- OooOo cool. Who has/had one, and how do/did you like it? ^-^

**Can be founds at www.homedics.com
  • That looks interesting! I checked Amazon and there was only one review for it, and unfortunately it was bad. The person said it gave a different weight every time she stepped on it, so it was very inconsistent. Hopefully someone here will be familiar with the scale and can offer another opinion.
  • You know, I'm not sure about those amazon reviews on scales. I swear people must be weighing on a soft surface such as carpet. Body composition scales in general aren't very accurate but they do give you an idea. I decided to just go for a regular old scale (weight watchers/conair) but it is digital. The reviews on amazon varied from it being a great scale to it being inconsistent up to 20 lbs. The only time I've ever seen that in a scale is if it is not on a solid flat surface. I love love my scale and it is very consistent.
  • I think Meg uses a Tanita bodyfat scale. I got the impression that she likes it. Maybe check with her?
  • i have the Tanita body comp. digital scale and it's very accurate....(I also had a Homedic and it was too variable on the bathroom floor, drove me crazy).

I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, use your coupons....they have a big selection of different models.
  • I purchased this scale from Amazon: Tanita BC533 Glass Innerscan Body Composition Monitor (unfortunatley it's showing for $119.99 now, but I got it for $39.41 when I ordered it on Jan. 3, 07)...I love it. I don't use it on a carpet...it works great! If anyone is interested in it, you might see if you can get a better price elsewhere, or keep an eye on it in case the price goes back down. I had been looking a very long while before ordering that one.
  • I have a tanita that I absolutely love. When I read the reviews on amazon they were all good. I think with the review I take the average.
  • I have a Homedic scale and it's awful! Weighing on a hard surface still gives me a variable of up to 5 lbs. and it weighs me about 3 lbs. heavier than any other scale I try. I'm actually going out to get a new one today or tomorrow!