"New Beverly Hills Diet" anyone?

• It was kindly suggested by someone that I search this forum to see if anyone is familiar with the New Beverly Hills Diet by Judy Mazel? I did this a few years ago and felt so healthy on it and lost 12 lbs in 2 wks. I wish I had continued with it, but it was not as easy as Atkins. I have to make a definite choice soon as to which way I am going to lose about 50 lbs. But I need support. Any advice? I am 60 years old and 5'2" and absolutely have to shed these lbs. once and for all. Thanks for any help you can give me.

islesgirl
  • It doesn't look like anyone here is familiar with it, I'm sorry. I've not read the new book, but I've heard that it's very unbalanced and not suitable for long term use. If you do try it, please let us know what you think
  • Thanks for responding. Haven't made my mind up about it yet, but if I do it again, I'll let you all know how it goes for sure!

islesgirl.
  • Don't know if you're still thinking about it- I am on day 2 of the new Beverly Hills Diet and, while it may not be the "healthiest" diet option, the new version does include more detailed info on supplements and allow pasta, steak, etc. It's really just low calorie but, for me, having a schedule and rules to stick to, plus the results, makes it a worthwhile option.

Right now I'm looking for a diet, not a "lifestyle." I figure I didn't get this way from eating balanced meals so what's another month to see if this works?