Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 200/150

Height: 5'7''

I'm on my second day of the SS. I wasn't too sure about it, but I had to after reading all the responses here. I didn't feel too sore today, until I went to do the exercises and then I felt it. I hope it work, I'm working towards just toning up and being healthy, if I lose weight that's just an added bonus. I'll try to keep with it to let people know of my results.
Scarletbegonias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #227  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I have been using SS for quite some time now. Along with a balanced diet and walking/aerobic videos and some resistance training. I love the SS training. It is quick and I really do see the difference in how my body is toning since using it.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #228  

Rennie, Do you use the Abdonda breathing with SS?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 264/246/140

Height: 5'5"

Default shapely secrets/body flex

I have also used body flex with good results.I used it a couple of years ago and went from a 26 to a 20 in a couple of months.I had back and breast surgery in 2006 and again I used body flex and went from a 24 to a 18 and I am now waiting to use it again.Just had a spinal fusion that seems to have fixed my problems.I was wondering about the shapely secrets but I can see from some of the posts it will be a long while before I can even think about doing those exercises.I am not supposed to twist or bend for months and at least I can do body flex to some degree.I am losing weight slowly and steadily.Not being able to move much before surgery,I put the weight back on .does anyone know of more exercises like body flex or shapely secrets that allows people like us who have to baby our bodies for a while but doesn't want to gain more weight?
pvnetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #230  

Somewhere in these pages there is a post about isometric exercises and a place on the internet that you can read about them.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 248/224/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default looking at SS

I saw the info-mercial for SS while at the hospital right after my c-section on the 20th. This is my 13th baby (a beautiful 10lb baby girl, Gabrielle Mercy). I decided to research SS a little before buying. I need a program that can be done while nursing, and this looked like I could do that. I suppose that I will have to wait a few weeks to start, since I'm not supposed to even drive or vacuum yet. So I will probably hold off getting it a couple more weeks (I would be too tempted to start right away!). Although, with the shipping issues some of you have had, it may not matter...

Anyway, I was really encouraged by all of these posts. It seems to be working for most of you, and, hey, even I may be able to do 7 min. a day! I will keep watching this forum to see your progress - please keep posting!

Oh, the start/present/goal for weights are a little fudged - 248 was right before I had the baby. I've "lost" 24 pounds in 11 days, but I only gained 19 to begin with
mom to 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #232  
Rennie

carolr
When I got the ss I was wanting the one for breathing. That isn't what I got. It is a few exercises you do and have them finished in 7 min. If you do it several times a day, you will see results. I do the routine 3 times a day. I haven't found any weight loss with it, but then I haven't found any of the exercising I do to show weight loss. I am losing the same amount as I was before exercise. What I am finding is my body toning right along with the weight loss. Might be why I have no lose skin after 44lbs loss? Which is the one I want for the breathing exercises? I thought it might really help the lungs. I was so lucky I gained 8lbs with my daughter and 11 with my son. Weighed the same when I came home from the hospital as I did before I got preggie.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #233  

The Abdonda breathing DVDs are the ones for the breathing added to the SS exercises. They are cheaper and on Greer's website.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #234  
Rennie

carol
Thanks going to have to get them. Have to say, I remember when a 1 mile walking/aerobic video just about did me in. Now I do a 2 mile in the morning and at least 2 mile at night and about 40 min of some kind of resistance training 3 times a week. This exercising might not help me lose weight but it is doing great things for toning my body and getting my lungs working better.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #235  
Rennie

faerie
I think she forgot. Have lots of plastic surgery and wear lots of makeup lol. I happen to like her workout. I think it is really helping to tone. I haven't seen any weight loss but I sure do see a difference in how my arm muscles look.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-04-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I am doing the SS at present, I am about 9 days into it. I haven't lost any weight at all, but I have lost centimeters. I did find though that I had a bad day eating and when I measured myself in the morning the next day I had put everything back on. So I think it is a good program and does not have any twisting or real straining to go with it. I do feel the exercises are making a difference with my toning though. My butt I am sure is looking better (still needs a **** of a lot of work though). I am going to keep going though.
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 264/246/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanx for the help!
pvnetv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'8

Default More Abs

Thanx for the info faeriegrove, I just thought that there would be somethings tailored more to the abs, like a movement just for the abs. But thanx for the the info...

Anymore updates from u ladies that have been on the program.
amoracash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #239  

right!

her face looks like plastic and has no expression, like she is wearing a mask. Can she even form her mouth into a smile? Doesn't look like it. She has the same expression in her videos. plastic . creepy, I think.
faeriegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #240  

don't need to buy it! I posted the essence of the whole SS booklet of info and the workout.....
faeriegrove is offline   Reply With Quote