Shapely Secrets

You're on Page 8 of 20
Go to
  • Are you doing the exercises more than once a day?
  • This is my first time on this site. I just bought shapely Secrets. I am hoping something will work. I got sick this summer and gained over 15lbs. trying to get better. Now that I am better I feel bad that I can't fit into any of my clothes and I have a cruise coming up in a month. I am really hoping that SS will work for me.
  • I ordered SS over two weeks ago and after confusion with the shipping department and mishaps with UPS it has finally arrived. I have to say that I was ready to go when I first ordered it, but now I am feeling kind of deflated. I'm not even going to say where I am starting at with my measurements, but I will definitely be back to post my results. I'm hoping they're good!
  • I also had trouble with the shipping. Though I have not recieved my SS yet, they have billed my credit card. I had them rush order it for 14.95, but I did not know this was on top of the other shipping. The final cost was 0ver $70 dollars. But I am still looking forward to getting this and starting it.

Faith 5x5 keep the faith that it will work!
  • I paid about $60 in all for Shapely Secrets, shipping included (I didn't get express). But did anyone else think this was a little expensive for the program, when all you get is 2 CDs, a tape measure, and a few little books? And plus, when my package came, the CDs cases were already busted so I had to throw them away...

I'm guilty of saying that I haven't been dedicated to the program and I haven't been doing it daily... Im going to start it back up in a few days...
  • Alleneaglechic- has ss worked for you. how are you progressing?

I am still waiting for mine in the mail. I am trying to get pregnant and need to lose weight and reading all the reviews of ss I ordered it. The 7 minutes is good time so i could this in between working. At least i am hoping it will slim me down a little.
  • Well I only did it for like 3 days, so no, I didn't get big results.... but you can DEFINITELY feel the burn afterwards and although it sounds like an easy exercise program, I couldn't even finish them all the first day! lol Tricep work is a killer...

But yeah, like I said, Im about to start back up and dedicate to it for the two weeks... then Ill post results.
  • I ordered the Shapely Secrets and have been doing it for one week. My results are 3 inches lost so far, and I can really feel the burn when doing it, although I must say since I'm out of shape, I haven't been putting all i could into it my first week. But I am getting able to do it better and better. I was skeptical about it when I ordered it, but it seems to be working, and I am proud of my 3 inches lost! I plan on continuing and measuring again in after another week.
  • Hey guys

you all sound like you are having great results. Are you doing it more than once a day. If so how many times a day do you do this program?

take care
    Diane
  • Body Flex by Greer Childers
    I was wondering what you all think of the Body Flex exercises by Greer Childers. It seems to have a lot of diet info, but I am more interested in the exercises, as I am already in a diet program. Can anyone clue me in on what the Body Flex program is? I am doing the Shapely Secrets one now, and have been for 1-1/2 weeks, and lost a total of 3 inches, so it's working. I wanted to know if you all thought the Body Flex works as well. Thanks!
  • OK, here are my results after one week:

I lost 1 inch in the bust (like I need that!)
    1 inch in the thighs
    1.5 inches in the hips

So my one week total is a loss of 3.5 inches. There was no difference in my arms or waist though, so I am a little bummed about that, but it's only been one week.

I only do the exercises once a day, unless I am just sitting around then I might do some of the upper body stuff. I am not sure that I have been giving it my all when she says to squeeze. I think I need to get into the mentality of doing your best even if it's just for part of the count rather than going the whole time without the full effort...

I didn't change my eating habits at all, if anything I was in stress/binge mode so I guess I am lucky that I lost anything at all.

I did see that others mentioned doing the exercises 3 times a day, but I have found its not necessary, but I don't know if doing so is going to provide faster results.

I am starting to watch my calories (again) and maybe add a little cardio (Dance Revolution counts - right?) so we'll see if that helps the progress.

Littlebits, thanks for the encouragement! Let us know how you are doing when you start!
  • Essential Boost?
    Hello, this is my first time on your forum. I'm watching the Shapely Secrets Infomercial now. First, the fact that she can't even show us one exercise makes me really nervous. So I went on her website to check it out and found a "great deal" (ha!) for Essential Boost.

I've gotten sucked in before on the fat-burning pills that come automatically. Does this work? Do you have to buy it? Should I listen to that small inner voice that says this is a scam?

Thanks!
  • Hi you all. Well, I have now done Shapely Secrets for two weeks. Here are my results: 2-3/4" in hips, 1-1/4" in arms, 3/4" in waist, and 1/2" in thighs for a total of 5-1/4" in two weeks. I am happy with these results. I can especially tell it in my arms, they feel firmer, and I wore a shirt Thurs. night that used to be to tight in the arms. I put it on and even had a little room. And my pants are sagging some in the hip area. It don't seem like I've lost any in the waist yet, but I put on some jeans that I couldn't wear before and was able to button & zip them. So, it is working, I wish the results were more like they advertise on tv with the women losing a lots more than I did in two weeks, but---I'll take what I can get!
  • I saw this infomercial today. Sounds interesting. I know I had really good results with Pilates and this sounds like very similar principals. I just had baby#3 and am looking for something that can tone everything back up plus take 80 lbs of North Dakota off! I am walking +2 miles, following a meal plan ect, but I am not seeing any differences.

Hard part is that I am breastfeeding, so I have to make allowances for babys nutrition as well as my own. I did curves for 2 years, too. I had wonderful results initially, but after the first 6 months, nothing. It did help me to stay fit through pregnancy, I must say. I managed to actually gain only the suggested 30 lbs and was back into pre pregnancy jeans 4 weeks after delivery.

If it does work really well, I am definatley going to have to pass this on to my mother in law. She is really struggling. She lost her husband just under 2 years ago, she has diabeties and thyroid issues and sits in a car for long periods of time due to her job. If she can do these while she is driving, I think that it would be a huge benifit to her.

On a side note, I worked for Curves for 6 months and they tought us to measure people to get a degree of consistance between different people measuring them. So I thought I would share some tips. This is best done with a second party doing all the measuring.

Start at the bust- Put both arms straight out and measure at the most protruding point of the bust. Remember to keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.

Move down to the waist. To find your natural waist, put a hand on your hip and bend to that side. Where your body naturally creates a fold is your natural waist.

Next do your hips. This is possibly also going to be the place where your belly protrudes the most.

For your thigh, stand with feet shoulder width apart and pull the tape measure up until it just bumps the crotch and measure.

For your arm stick, your arm out 90 degrees from the body, measure 3 inches from the shoulder blade down the length of the arm and that is the point where you should take your measurement.

Best wishes to all you ladies who are working to lose weight. I will let you know when I get my stuff and start using it. I am betting my 2 friends that I walk with will do it with me and if they don't mind, I will share their results as well.
  • well, after finally recieving my ss from e-bay, i have been doing the workout for about 5 days. has anyone had any problems with their back while doing the workout? I think i am getting better at it. I am trying to get the workout in twice a day, but diffinatly once a day. couple more days and i will post my results. I hope that everyone is keeping up with their workout and doing well.