3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Shapely Secrets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/100990-shapely-secrets.html)

carolinalou 09-04-2007 11:55 PM

hey littlebits. when if first started i had some trouble with my back being sore, but i think it was because of the second set of exercises where you pull your arms back. that made my back sore, but after a few more days, it was much better. and also, i realized that if i do these exercises right before bed, that i am more stiff in the morning than if i do them during the day. but it is working for me so far, so i'm gonna stick with it. they aren't really that hard to do for me, so i hope i've been putting my all into them. i am into my third week, and i will post my third-week results. best wishes to you!

littlebits 09-06-2007 11:37 AM

here are my results afte one week:

inches lost

arm: .25
waist:2 inches
hips: 2 inches
thighs: .25

I hope everone else is doing well

carolr3639 09-08-2007 07:47 PM

I was going to read a book while doing the eliptical but the print was too small so I though I'd break out the SS DVD that I'd been saving for winter. I did the total body workout with the abodonda breathing. Boy am I whipped? Wonder what tomorrow will bring!!! I do body flex every day.

sweetfids 09-10-2007 12:14 PM

Yay it does work

Okay I admit I thought this was a scam but after a week Ive lost 1 inch from every spot I measured!!!!!! I thought this wasnt working because I didnt get too tired like most of you posted and stopped after a week. Well I went out and tried on a pair of pants that well are too tight and guess what they fit comfy now! I am definitely sticking to it now and cant wait to loose more. also jump started my weightloss :D yay! I know i still got a lot to lose but this just made my week :D

littlebits 09-13-2007 10:19 AM

ok week # 2 measurements

Start today

arm 13in 13in(gain?)
thigh 27in 25.75
waist 44in 41.25in
hips 44in 41in

that is 7inches lost. I keep forgetting to weigh myself, but if i am toning that works for me. though my waist fluctuates during the week the end results is what counts. I also didn,t workout twice this week. leaving for my cruise this weekend. don't fit into those pants i want but feel better.

carolr3639 09-13-2007 11:45 AM

You sound like me. My waist is my problem. I'm 58 and I had a woman ask me the other day if I was pg. UGH! But the exercise seems to be helping and we'll see how it goes after a few weeks. This is my first week. I only have the Abdonda dvds... 3 of them so no book or other advice. Does she give much other advice? She had and actual meal plan in her last bf deal. Anything like that with the SS package?

littlebits 09-14-2007 12:01 PM

carol3639 there is no meal plan. just eat well drink lots of water.fiber is a good thing. try benefiber, it takes away the bloating(just found that out) and carol a compliment-you must look young enough to be pregnant!
how are the abdonda dvds? if you are looking at ss, it works but the buy off of ebay. the company is bad. good luck working out

carolr3639 09-14-2007 05:05 PM

Littlebits, I have been faithful to do bodyflex and the 3 abdonda DVDs all week but I am so whipped when I finish. Will this ever get easier? The back arm extension and the but lift (squat) are the hardest for me. I feel better but this always happens when I first start something. Sure hope it works. Do you mean ebay is bad? I've used it a few times.

polly47 09-18-2007 10:49 PM

Well my SS just arrived in the post today. I just did my first workout...wow am I tired! I am really excited about this and look forward to one weeks time!
You are all doing so great I can't help but be motivated!

Kimberlir 09-23-2007 04:57 PM

Hi, everyone!

Was wondering if I could do the old Body Flex routine while breathing regular, as you guys have described Shapely secrets is.

I wonder if that would work too?

TIA - Kim

littlebits 09-24-2007 09:19 AM

just got back from vacation. i had all intension on doing the exercises, but was so wiped out from the day that i couldn't. well i hope after i measure that it will be all good

girl81 09-25-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberlir (Post 1866086)
Hi, everyone!

Was wondering if I could do the old Body Flex routine while breathing regular, as you guys have described Shapely secrets is.

I wonder if that would work too?

TIA - Kim

jmo...
I think the key to bodyflex IS the breathing. Its what elevates the heart rate and utilizes more oxygen.

AmbeKai 09-29-2007 01:06 PM

This is my first post here but I felt that you should know. I did try the Shapely Secrets for two weeks with no results. However, that is not why I am posting. I just wanted to warn anyone who is trying to return the SS for the 30 day money back guarantee to be very careful. They start their "30 days" immediately upon their shipment of the product to you - mine took 1 1/2 weeks to get to my home (and was shipped out July 16). I used it for 2 weeks and then sent it back. When I received no refund to my credit card from them, I called customer service where they told me that they had received my package and request for refund on August 25th. Luckily I had sent it with postal delivery confirmation and had looked up the exact date they had received the package - which was August 15th, exactly 30 days after they had shipped the SS to me. They have refunded my credit card at the time of this writing. I would suggest that IF you return the item, make sure it is send delivery confirmation through the post office and also know that they count the money back guarantee time from the day the package is supposedly sent out.

katmama 10-04-2007 03:09 PM

The skinny on Shapely Secrets

Hello all,
I read the posts that were here regarding Shapely Secrets before I ordered it. It seemed no one had really tried it at the time -- so I bought it. I had also ordered Greer Childers' Gymbar -- which I liked pretty well for toning my arms especially. HOWEVER, I must say, Shapely Secrets is not only a "waist" of money -- but a real joke. On the Shapely Secrets website people talked about how their abs burned after one workout --- well let me just say --- NO WAY! One of the arm movements --- maybe a little, but as far the the abs, butt or thighs -- nope - nada -- nothing. So, ladies, I'd say keep that $55 (including shipping) in your pocket! :dizzy:

spcwench 10-04-2007 04:49 PM

Can you do ss more than once a day?

carolr3639 10-05-2007 10:42 AM

I asked about doing ss more than once a day on another board and someone said that she didn't say you had to but I don't see any reason no to. I do bodyflex and shapely secrets with the abdonda breathing and it just gives me energy. I have to disagree with some of the posters. The first time I did shapely secrets with the abdonda breathing I was whipped. I did the total body workout, upper body and lower body. I'm getting more used to it now, thankfully. I also use an eliptical when I can find the time. But I like the bf and ss because they are so simple and you can use them throughout the day.

spcwench 10-05-2007 01:18 PM

What is the best results anyone achieved and did they do it several times a day with dieting or without

tryin2bthin 10-15-2007 09:20 AM

I have read all the posts here and I think I am convinced to order SS. Everyone, for the most part seems to be getting wonderful results from it. I am so glad I found this forum. When I say the infomercial, I just thought it was too good to be true. I am ordering today, so I will keep in touch after I receive mine (hopefully with no shipping problems), and let everyone know how I am doing. :carrot:

CherryBlossom 10-16-2007 01:34 AM

Okay to those who got results without dieting.

I've been told all my life that you can't spot reduce.

Aerobic exercise gets rid of fat everything else builds muscle.

How can this (which builds muscle) decrease your inches without dieting?

How is it possible to lose inches just by doing this non-aerobic, non calorie burning routine?

Fat can't turn to muscle sooo...I'm a confused girl. :dizzy:

thenogitsune 10-17-2007 12:36 PM

Hello,

I am new here and just started. I just ordered shapely secrets because I wanted to try it. I don't have as much motivation to do longer workouts anymore or the time. I will post my results after I receive the DVDs.

carolr3639 10-19-2007 10:46 AM

Cherryblossom, If you get Greer's book, Be a Loser, she explains it really well. You can get it on Amazon for a penny plus $3.99 for shipping. That book is about Bodyflex but Shapely Secrets with Abonda breathing is similar and she marketed both programs.

CherryBlossom 10-19-2007 05:59 PM

Is there anywhere she explains this for free? :rofl:

No offense to those who like her, I could be totally off base. But I understand how cardio works, and how strength training works. If this lady wants me to try this stuff out I'd like her to explain up front how it works.

I know deep breathing and contractions...but how does that equal inches lost?

tryin2bthin 10-19-2007 11:08 PM

carolr: I am still awaiting my SS to arrive in the mail. How much success have you had with it and are you still doing the program. Just curious:)

tryin2bthin 10-20-2007 10:08 AM

Barbara, is SS what you have used to lose weight? Congratulations on your weight loss... you are an inspiration!!

loveGodlovepeople 10-24-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolr3639 (Post 1898185)
Cherryblossom, If you get Greer's book, Be a Loser, she explains it really well. You can get it on Amazon for a penny plus $3.99 for shipping. That book is about Bodyflex but Shapely Secrets with Abonda breathing is similar and she marketed both programs.

carolr3639-

i haven't ordered ss or bf yet, but i have hoshimoto (autoimmune thyroid disease) and cannot exercise past 10 mins per dr orders due to joint aches and exhaustion. i would like to try the exercises with as little $$ investment as poss - do you think this book explains it well enough to try? the past year of being very sick has really weakened my muscles and increased my "flab" and this looks promising for me.

thanks!
gen

Amberelise 10-24-2007 10:56 AM

This is how you can lose inches by just doing strength training.

Muscles burn a lot of calories. If you build your muscles and are not eating any more calories than you consumed before you will lose weight because you're now burning more calories. Stronger, bigger muscles equals more calories burned.

:)

There's even a book called the no-calorie diet that ONLY believes in strength training, though the writer DOES suggest a very low calorie diet in conjunction.

carolr3639 10-25-2007 09:41 AM

LoveGodlovepeople, Yes, the book explains very well how it can work for just about anybody. I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease with other complications, and doing this has always made me feel better. You used to be able to get bodyflex on HSN really cheap because they were coming out with Shapely Secrets but I haven't checked there lately. That would be a DVD or VHS that you would get from HSN (home shopping network) and it is very easy to follow.

carolr3639 10-25-2007 02:05 PM

Something is wrong with this thread. A lot of posts are missing on page 10. Why?

carolr3639 10-25-2007 02:08 PM

Ok, When I post the page shows up but when I go off of page 10 and come back, only 2 posts show. So now I'll be able to see it as long as I don't go somewhere else. Strange.

thenogitsune 10-28-2007 08:15 PM

I recieved my SS in the mail on the day I was leaving for a road trip with my mother. I tried it out right after we came home that night, but I was so tired I am not sure if I did it correctly so I did it again a few hours later after a nap and before I went to work. The back of my arms hurt a good bit. I am a waitress so my walking around for about 5 hours, my legs probably wouldn't hurt too much. Usually with any new workout I get a delayed reaction with the pain. It takes about two days or so, when I ma not busy doing other things.

I'll post my progress at the end of the first week.

theNogitsune

thenogitsune 11-04-2007 11:01 AM

1st week results

Beginning measurements October 28

Dress size - 14/16
Weight - 195lbs
Waist - 40 in
Hips - 46.5 in
Left thigh - 27.5 in
Left arm - 14 in

End of Week 1 - Nov 04

Dress size - 14

Weight - 191 lbs
Waist - 38.5 in
Hips - 43.5 in
Left thigh - 26.5 in
Left arm - 13.5 in

So far (if I have done my math right) I have lost 4 lbs and 6 inches in a week. :D

I'll keep posting my results here. Also there is a pair of jeans that i couldn't get past my thighs before and now I can. Some more inches and I will be able to button them again.:carrot:

willow140 11-04-2007 11:21 AM

brand new to this forum

SO I just spent about an hour reading every single post about this product and decided to go ahead and register for this site. From what I've read so far opinions are varied but generally in favor of the new SS DVDs. I am also a BIG skeptic on the claims but it seems that several of you have a had great results. I already own the Body Flex videos and to be honest I can't stand them. Even with no one home I was embarrassed to do the 15 minute simple routine in front of my cats. Now I have a 10 month old baby and I think the sounds would scare him. I do admit the breathing technique she teaches is incredible but I always felt light headed afterwards and the fact that you have to do it on an empty stomach was always a problem for me. ( I did the BF exercises at night once about an hour after dinner and to be polite it wasn't pretty!) I really need to tone and lose weight but I am so overwhelmed by how much I have to lose that I can't seem to get motivated. I've given myself until next August ( my 35th B-day) to shed 65lbs. I originally started this quest on my B-day this year and was doing OK I'd lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks very slow but steady. Then I gained 2 lbs back and its been down hill since then. I can't get re-focused and I don't want to spend more money on another product with questionable results. By the way if anyone wants the BF tapes let me know I'll send them to you if you pay shipping. You can have them with my heart felt best wishes.
Jenn

clashy 11-04-2007 11:25 AM

hello people I'm new to this forum, I'm so glad I found it, I was looking for information on shapely secrets after seeing the infomercial and found your forum and after reading your reviews, I ordered SS, I'll keep you posted when it arrives

tryin2bthin 11-04-2007 06:25 PM

I have not measured myself, but I have lost 4 pounds since I started SS on 10/26. I will post measurements after I measure myself on Monday. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

carolr3639 11-04-2007 06:46 PM

Wow, things are hopping here again. Jenn, Shapely Secrets doesn't have special breathing but Abdonda breathing workout is just SS with the special breathing. In her new DVDs, she doesn't talk about doing it on an empty stomach either. Thenogitsune and tryin2bthin.....way to go!!!!!!!!

brat4bear 11-04-2007 07:03 PM

Hi. I just watched the informercial this morning and am trying to find out more about it before ordering. can anyone give me info if they have ordered it?

carolr3639 11-05-2007 10:42 AM

Just google shapely secrets.

tryin2bthin 11-05-2007 12:58 PM

After my first week, I have lost 2 inches on my waist, 1 inch in my hips, 1 inch in my thighs and 1 inch in my arms. I have promised myself to be more diligent this week. I skipped two days last week, so I hope to do better this week.

willow140 11-05-2007 07:35 PM

Thanks for the info I'm still on the fence but getting closer to ordering! I am following everyoner's success so far it seems to really be working. Way to go ladies your successes are inspirational!

loveGodlovepeople 11-11-2007 10:53 AM

after a few days into this thread i did get ahold of the "be a loser" book to see what the bodyflex thing was like. and, well the breathing freaked me out a bit - and then there was the exercise routine...

ok, so i watched the shapely secrets infomercial again this morning....... and i'm wondering several things...

1) what are the 7 secrets? can anyone spill??
2) do you REALLY stay in the same basic position? (standing/sitting, etc)

gen