3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Shapely Secrets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/100990-shapely-secrets.html)

supersarcasm 09-19-2009 03:52 PM

Here Goes Somethin'

I am starting today!
Today!
Not tomorrow!
Today!
I am ready,
I am determined,
I am strong.
I will never go back to the way I was before.
With God on my side, I am changing into something beautiful.
I will learn accountability,
I will learn commitment,
I will learn that devotion reaps what it sows.

Wish me luck!
Next time I post, I will be different!!!

supersarcasm 09-22-2009 01:27 AM

Immediate Results

So I don't know if anybody is going to ever read these, but it doesn't really matter. I am using this as another way to hold myself accountable and it is working!
I started two days ago like my post reads and my boyfriend has already noted on my tightened skin, my loss of stretch marks and my smaller appearance.
HOLY CRAP IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING TO ME!?

To be continued...:D

kimmylea331 04-06-2011 12:23 AM

Hey Tia, its called Shapely Secrets.....thats what your referring to.I looked for 3hr

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagmama (Post 1512742)
Does anyone know anything about this? I've done some looking on the web and can't find much.:?: There is basic info about Greer Childers, the woman who sells the plan and "invented it". What I have not been able to find is any information on the "exercises" she uses. She calls it Diametric Resistance. Of course, the infomercial shows no one exercising. And there is no demonstration of any of the exercises. Supposedly it only takes 7 minutes to work your whole body and you can do it standing up or sitting down, but you don't move. :carrot: This is the same person who sells "Body Flex", a plan that utilizes deep breathing with no impact movement for exercie.

Anyone????

TIA

Sandy

Hi Tia its call , "Shapely Secrets". It drove me nuts.....like after 5 hrs I actuall y found out what it was......good luck, Im gonna try it too I'll keep ya updated.....Kimi

samanthaf63 04-06-2011 01:00 AM

Shapely Secrets - I hated it.

I did the original Body Flex (NOT the Gymbar) with great results back in 1998. I started up again in July of last year and without dieting, I went from a 3x to a 1x. I'm still weighing in around 198 but whoever figured that 198 lbs. could be a 1x? And yet it is.

Anyway, I bought the Shapely Secrets and I did the exercises twice and despised them so much that I never did it again. It's similar to the original Body Flex but it's far more horrible. I didn't much mind the 15 minutes of Body Flex but I very much minded the shorter Shapely Secrets. (I didn't like the Body Flex with the Gymbar, either, I found it extremely overrated and not nearly as effective as the original Body Flex.)

What I did, btw, was record the original Body Flex from my scratchy old VHS copy and transferred it to DVD. It's not particularly great but as I said, it's far more effective than her earlier versions. If you're still running VHS, you can get some very cheap copies on either ebay or Amazon that are new.

If not, good luck. Since we're all different, it may just do the trick for you even though it didn't work for me. Congrats on your start!:D

AshleighJ 05-15-2011 11:53 PM

I started the Abdonda program a week and a day ago and i've lost 4 inches off my waist! I had my husband measure myself THREE times because I couldn't believe it. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to start seeing more and more come off.

3rdmetamorphosis 10-26-2011 12:12 AM

Hi Chicks,

I'm new here and looking for fellow Shapely Secrets newbies. I have had the program for about 3 years and finally started using it in Sept. I used it for 2 weeks and stopped when I got my period. After being in excruciating with that cycle, it took me a whole 2 weeks to revamp. Well when I was on the program I did notice a minor tummy tuck...lol It could all be mental, but I don't think so. My arms, legs and butt were sore so I think the stomach thing was for real. The whole motionless exercise thing works. I measured my body, but became discouraged when I didn't see the inches melting. I didn't watch what I ate and still had good results.

So now I am back on track and I have been doing SS program for 3 days now and I feel great! My body burns, but it's all good. I hope I will find someone who will buddy up with me to do the program. If you're new and want a buddy please let me know.

So far so good. I am shooting for small goals. My jacket that couldn't button up before, buttoned after I did the 2 weeks of SS back in Sept and I was thrilled. I'm looking forward to meeting that goal again and then on to bigger and better goals. For now, I will settle for the sore muscles as this is a sure sign that things are sculpting together well...lol I will eat as usual but in smaller amounts and i will focus on how my clothes fit. No scales or measuring, just exercising and I will reap the benefits eventually. By Christmas I hope to see a more sculpted body. I don't plan on taking a day off; after all, it's only 7 minutes a day. I knock that out when I get out of bed and am preparing for the shower. I was tempted not to do it one day when I wanted to watch criminal minds and I hadn't showered as yet, but I sacrificed a few minutes, did it and then felt great about myself.

So if you're interested in a buddy system, drop me a line and let's shake and bake....chicks.

Kede 12-30-2011 06:35 PM

I love Shapely Secrets

Hi 3rd,
I've been using Shapely Secrets since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I love it. I don't do it everyday, but if you need an accountability partner, count me in. I know I need one. I need someone to kick my butt and say, Kede, did you do your 7 min. today. It's seven minutes and I love it! I find myself doing the face one on the way to work. One am, I was doing it and looked over at the car on the my right and the guy was staring at me like I was crazy. I just laughed, waved and Thanked God the light turned green, lol. Let me know if you are still doing it and love it~

kede :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdmetamorphosis (Post 4085088)
Hi Chicks,

I'm new here and looking for fellow Shapely Secrets newbies. I have had the program for about 3 years and finally started using it in Sept. I used it for 2 weeks and stopped when I got my period. After being in excruciating with that cycle, it took me a whole 2 weeks to revamp. Well when I was on the program I did notice a minor tummy tuck...lol It could all be mental, but I don't think so. My arms, legs and butt were sore so I think the stomach thing was for real. The whole motionless exercise thing works. I measured my body, but became discouraged when I didn't see the inches melting. I didn't watch what I ate and still had good results.

So now I am back on track and I have been doing SS program for 3 days now and I feel great! My body burns, but it's all good. I hope I will find someone who will buddy up with me to do the program. If you're new and want a buddy please let me know.

So far so good. I am shooting for small goals. My jacket that couldn't button up before, buttoned after I did the 2 weeks of SS back in Sept and I was thrilled. I'm looking forward to meeting that goal again and then on to bigger and better goals. For now, I will settle for the sore muscles as this is a sure sign that things are sculpting together well...lol I will eat as usual but in smaller amounts and i will focus on how my clothes fit. No scales or measuring, just exercising and I will reap the benefits eventually. By Christmas I hope to see a more sculpted body. I don't plan on taking a day off; after all, it's only 7 minutes a day. I knock that out when I get out of bed and am preparing for the shower. I was tempted not to do it one day when I wanted to watch criminal minds and I hadn't showered as yet, but I sacrificed a few minutes, did it and then felt great about myself.

So if you're interested in a buddy system, drop me a line and let's shake and bake....chicks.

Somni 12-31-2011 07:39 AM

I said this in another thread and I'll say it here because this tactic *really* bothers me. There is a suspiciously high amount of praise for this SS thing from hastily created accounts in the past. I think numerous folks that show up on 3fc using this product aren't necessarily genuine. Not saying that's the case with the above posts because who knows, but I would strongly recommend folks seeing posts here and thinking of buying this product to be careful.

Earlier posts on 3fc and other comments on the internet talk about unauthorized charges for vitamins and problems getting refunds. Between that and past praise that reeks like fake reviews on Amazon, bad juju imo.

Kede 12-31-2011 01:55 PM

Hey Somni, I understand your concern. Thanks for making people aware of bad items out there. I know all these hip products, defiantly try to win people over with a quick fix and we all know there isn't one. I've been reading the site and I see that Shapely Secrets in now called Abdonda? I think from reading on the forum, I've been out the game awhile.
I do want people to know that I'm not a hastily created account though and I'm way too thrifty to spend a gazillon bucks on a program. This program was actually shared with me by a loved one. Anywho who doesn't have it and wants to know about it. I'll defiantly give you all the techniques. When I learn how to dled stuff, maybe I can end up sending it to members. It's the only fitness program I've used to lose weight, besides walking here and there, so I can vouch that it does work. I'm not telling anyone to go out and buy it, because well that's not why I'm up here. But I am defiantly looking for accountability partners and i will share anything about my journey to help others.

See you on the forums :)
Kede

CiViK77 01-26-2019 07:02 AM

I need her meal planning/recipe pages!

Soccermom, or anyone else with the Shapely Secrets program, PLEASE HELP!

I moved, and although I found everything else, the only thing I couldn't find was her book with the menu planning, etc. I found that her program was working so much better for me when I was doing the exercise in conjunction with the meal plan.