3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Shapely Secrets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/100990-shapely-secrets.html)

thenogitsune 11-04-2007 11:01 AM

1st week results

Beginning measurements October 28

Dress size - 14/16
Weight - 195lbs
Waist - 40 in
Hips - 46.5 in
Left thigh - 27.5 in
Left arm - 14 in

End of Week 1 - Nov 04

Dress size - 14

Weight - 191 lbs
Waist - 38.5 in
Hips - 43.5 in
Left thigh - 26.5 in
Left arm - 13.5 in

So far (if I have done my math right) I have lost 4 lbs and 6 inches in a week. :D

I'll keep posting my results here. Also there is a pair of jeans that i couldn't get past my thighs before and now I can. Some more inches and I will be able to button them again.:carrot:

willow140 11-04-2007 11:21 AM

brand new to this forum

SO I just spent about an hour reading every single post about this product and decided to go ahead and register for this site. From what I've read so far opinions are varied but generally in favor of the new SS DVDs. I am also a BIG skeptic on the claims but it seems that several of you have a had great results. I already own the Body Flex videos and to be honest I can't stand them. Even with no one home I was embarrassed to do the 15 minute simple routine in front of my cats. Now I have a 10 month old baby and I think the sounds would scare him. I do admit the breathing technique she teaches is incredible but I always felt light headed afterwards and the fact that you have to do it on an empty stomach was always a problem for me. ( I did the BF exercises at night once about an hour after dinner and to be polite it wasn't pretty!) I really need to tone and lose weight but I am so overwhelmed by how much I have to lose that I can't seem to get motivated. I've given myself until next August ( my 35th B-day) to shed 65lbs. I originally started this quest on my B-day this year and was doing OK I'd lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks very slow but steady. Then I gained 2 lbs back and its been down hill since then. I can't get re-focused and I don't want to spend more money on another product with questionable results. By the way if anyone wants the BF tapes let me know I'll send them to you if you pay shipping. You can have them with my heart felt best wishes.
Jenn

clashy 11-04-2007 11:25 AM

hello people I'm new to this forum, I'm so glad I found it, I was looking for information on shapely secrets after seeing the infomercial and found your forum and after reading your reviews, I ordered SS, I'll keep you posted when it arrives

tryin2bthin 11-04-2007 06:25 PM

I have not measured myself, but I have lost 4 pounds since I started SS on 10/26. I will post measurements after I measure myself on Monday. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

carolr3639 11-04-2007 06:46 PM

Wow, things are hopping here again. Jenn, Shapely Secrets doesn't have special breathing but Abdonda breathing workout is just SS with the special breathing. In her new DVDs, she doesn't talk about doing it on an empty stomach either. Thenogitsune and tryin2bthin.....way to go!!!!!!!!

brat4bear 11-04-2007 07:03 PM

Hi. I just watched the informercial this morning and am trying to find out more about it before ordering. can anyone give me info if they have ordered it?

carolr3639 11-05-2007 10:42 AM

Just google shapely secrets.

tryin2bthin 11-05-2007 12:58 PM

After my first week, I have lost 2 inches on my waist, 1 inch in my hips, 1 inch in my thighs and 1 inch in my arms. I have promised myself to be more diligent this week. I skipped two days last week, so I hope to do better this week.

willow140 11-05-2007 07:35 PM

Thanks for the info I'm still on the fence but getting closer to ordering! I am following everyoner's success so far it seems to really be working. Way to go ladies your successes are inspirational!

loveGodlovepeople 11-11-2007 10:53 AM

after a few days into this thread i did get ahold of the "be a loser" book to see what the bodyflex thing was like. and, well the breathing freaked me out a bit - and then there was the exercise routine...

ok, so i watched the shapely secrets infomercial again this morning....... and i'm wondering several things...

1) what are the 7 secrets? can anyone spill??
2) do you REALLY stay in the same basic position? (standing/sitting, etc)

gen

thenogitsune 11-11-2007 07:03 PM

2nd weeks results

Week - Nov 11

Dress size - 12/14

Weight - 190 lbs
Waist - 37 in
Hips - 45 in - (butt lifted and became rounder?)
Left thigh - 25.5 in
Left arm - 13 in

I have lost 2 inches and 1lb. I would have lost more weight if I was eating correctly and not eating pound cake. Is it possible that my butt added a couple of inches for my waist because it lifted and became rounder? I am wondering because I am wearing size 12 pants now. Even my mother has noticed I lost a lot of inches and is going to start trying the workout with me. I even built up the muscle in my forearms.

I'll post my other results next week.

tryin2bthin 11-12-2007 11:07 PM

I didn't lose the inches I wanted to this past week. I only lost 1 inch in my thighs. I did notice that I am building some muscle tone in my arms and my jeans are definitely fitting better. I'm just going to keep at it and see what happens.

carolr3639 11-14-2007 10:27 AM

Good work, Tryin. Keep us posted. I do the workout just because it makes me feel better. I'm slowly losing.

tryin2bthin 11-14-2007 06:46 PM

The workout makes me feel better also. I know there is no magic solution to weight loss, so I am happy losing it slow.

thenogitsune 11-16-2007 10:47 PM

Has anyone else's appetite dwindled since doing SS? Mine has a bit. On Sunday I will post my new results. Oh yeah, I asked a personal trainer about the butt becoming firmer and rounder. Subsequently adding inches when measuring the waist. She told me yeah that happens. My friend confirmed it too. Her pants would fit differently when she walks too much.