Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 01:21 AM   #1  

Default Pms!

Hi there!

Anybody suffering from severe PMS!?!

My PMS gets so bad I just throw my diet out the window!
I lose my motivation and become ravenous. My blood sugar seems very low at these times and I become very depressed as well as extremely irritable.

I have tried Evening Primrose Oil, Birth Control Pill, Don't drink, Don't smoke, excercise, avoiding caffeine, and nothing seems to work for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Or just want to commisserate?

Thanks
Sprite
Old 10-02-2001, 01:20 AM   #2  

I did meet someone today who said Evening Primrose helped their PMS tremendously and that I wasn't taking enough for it to work so I am now going to try the recommended dosage. Hope it works!

Doesn't anyone have PMS?

Sprite
Old 10-09-2001, 06:58 PM   #3  
cookies are for browsers

hi Sprite,

Yes, a lot of people have PMS but usually it is discussed on the "daily" threads and not as its own thread. I suppose it may have something to do with the perception that it isn't a health problem but just something we all have to deal with. Even though that isn't true, it could be a reason why.

I don't have that much of a problem with it, but sometimes I will toss diet out the window. I try to make up for it with extra exercise when I feel up to it. Yoga helps a lot, too, and the mantra "I am in control" helps keep those hormones from thinking they know everything.

Good luck!
Old 10-09-2001, 10:05 PM   #4  

i hear ya!

my diet goes out the window too!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:26 PM   #5  

Thank you Jennifa and kd580 for replying.

I guess that's what I'll have to do is just exercise more at that time to counter the additional calories I am eating. Exercise is suppose to help PMS as well.

Thanks!
Closed Thread