3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibro Thread #34 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/9708-fibro-thread-34-a.html)

Happy Canuk 09-26-2001 06:41 PM

Fibro Thread #34

Hi. I thought some of you might be interested in this. 10 minute stress busters amoung other things. Very interesting, and some great recipes as well. This a Woman's Day Magazine Site.

http://www.womansday.com/xp6/WomansD...cape_space.xml

Ally0306 09-26-2001 07:39 PM

thank you for the link Anne. Kinda spooky as I was just talking about stress and fibro to a woman I work with who is an A type personality and as we were waiting to testify in court she mentioned that she has been thru a thousand tests for pain in her wrists, arms and hips and that she has not been able to ride her bike in months. I am bringing her some books, but in the meantime those stress tips are good.
Get this tho.....she can't eat when stressed. Weighs 110. Sheesh.
Joanne and Mima.........this low carb stuff does keep me satisfied for the most part til right before my period is due. Then I am starved. And not just for carbs. For anything. I would eat potato peelings.
Last nite I had to get an extra blanket and put on my socks for bed. That is my sign that my period is about two days away.
Wonder if I will miss all this stuff????

MemeToo 09-27-2001 02:02 AM

Nope...you won't miss it...did you say POTATO PEELINGS??? Don't think I've ever been quite THAT bad off before but to each her own I guess! As for me...of course I'm much to young to have already gone through that terrible PERIOD in my life so I wouldn't know about such things! I'm taking premerin, too...so...

Off the crutches...now I've gained back the few pounds I lost...boohoo! What a rut I'm in...that's rut like in doing it again and again...not rut like groove like in groovy! Hmmmm....things may start looking up though...daughter is trying to get the little one in preschool 3 days a week! Now wouldn't THAT be nice...three whole days a week without a kid until 3:15 when I have to go get Ross...and Ross isn't too bad when he's by himself...he's in Kindergarten and usually tired and sleepy when he gets home bless his little heart!

What a coincidence...it's not 5:30...just 12:30...but I just got through doing my toe nails too! :dizzy: I'm kind of in a weird mood tonight...can you tell???

Got kind of tickled today...there's gonna be a BIG homecoming at the church we went to when we first moved to TN about 100 years ago (actually I think it was just 27) on Sat. They are having FOUR preachers preach...another man speak and lunch. This BIG DEAL starts at NINE in the morning (Too much...Very long day!) So...anyway...We were going there when they were still having church in the basement...hubby was a deacon and I played the piano...his Uncle was/still is the pastor...he built the church. Left because hubby's relatives that went there pissed me off royally! (Pardon my French...told you I was in a weird mood!) So...I've been singing all my life (came out of the womb singing "Taught I taw a puddy cat")...my kids have been sing all their life...literally...daughter started when whe was just 3 singing in church in front of 200 people. We used to sing together as a group and I've also sang with 3 other groups...all over...I've even been on TV and radio plus...you all know I play/teach piano. So they get a couple who never went or goes there to do the special music and they can't sing!!! The songs they attempt are so old Noah and his crew sang them on the ark! Didn't even ask me or the kids to sing. Then the piano player they have now called me up today and said, "would you be able to play a couple of songs Sat. We're going to try to use some of the people that used to go here and I told them I thought you might be able to play a couple of the songs that the song leader would sing. Do you think you could or would you be too nervous?" I laughed out loud right in here ear. I was playing piano in church when she was in diapers! I told hubby what she said and he said why you've played in front of more people at one time than she plays in front of in a whole year! :lol: She said, "You ARE coming Sat. aren't you?" I said, "Don't count on it!" I really wanted to say don't hold your breath.... She said "Don't count on you coming or don't count on you playing"...I said, "Both"! hahahahaha! Guess I should have told her I was in a weird mood! :devil:

Think I'd better go to bed now...hope you all have a good day tomorrow and hope I'm still in a weird mood ! Maybe I'll get a chance to tell somebody "No" again! :spin:

Oh...by the way...can't remember who all was saying they were having trouble getting in here but try bookmarking this page AFTER you sign in and see if that works!

'Nite 'Nite! :wave:

Candicej 09-27-2001 04:25 AM

So what color are the toenails????????????

Still waiting for the doc to call on my arm and it yes it still hurts but only when I use it!!!!!!!!!!! I know ,I know..so don't use it..easier said than done for me:(

Dh let me get a girl to help me clean every two weeks untill my arm is better..hummmmmmmmmm it may never get better! We spent 5 hours cleaning Tuesday..I need a smaller house! So much more to do since it has been awhile.........

Well.....I had a hysterectomy at 36 and stared HRT and have been hungry ever since.....I never fill up..the doc said that is normal for HRT.........I also love potato skins!!!!! :lol: So keeping track with WW has been what has helped me most..I just don't eat after I reach my points limit. Sometimes it is very hard to do!!! Like the past two weeks... I need to be to be in the yard working..Duh..Duh..Duh.................Blah..Blah. .Blah.........

Time to pull al my annuals out and cut back too and who is gonna do that! Ya all come help me..we will have a great time now!!!!!!!:):lol:

Candicej 09-27-2001 04:49 AM

Healing From Terrorism Sickness
Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Ph.D.

In terrorism, the numbers of persons affected are
huge; terrorism is
*meant* to affect thousands and millions of people
--all at the same
time. Most think terrorists' main aim is to kill
people and destroy
installations. This is only secondary. (Yes, I know
that sounds unbelievable,
but it is so.) The main goal of terrorism is
"intentional trauma" to
the living. The murder and mayhem are SECONDARY goals.

The concept of doing ongoing psychic injury to
thousands and millions
"all at the same time" is an important tactic of
terrorists. Terrorists
understand, if only in their diseased unconscious's,
that accomplishing
such will unleash a greater communicable and spreading
"psychic
infection" than any biological or germ warfare could
ever hope to achieve.

This "infection" that terrorists hope to circulate is
that of innocent
persons becoming afraid of life, afraid of the future;
of causing
people to put off the living of life, to move in ways
that are far less than
their previous free selves. The effect of living in
such a crouch hurts
the human spirit and heart. The main goal of terrorism
is "intentional
psychological trauma." Murder and mayhem are only
secondary and
sometimes even tertiary goals.

Terrorism is willful psychological assault; a
conscious and planned
assault against the minds and hearts and spirits of a
large group of
persons. I repeat this only if it be necessary to
press past the reader's
ego's resistance to this hideous truth: In terrorism,
murder and mayhem
are secondary to this primary goal of ruining the
hearts and hopes of
others. This is partly why terrorism is difficult to
comprehend by
reasoned minds as anything but the most grotesque form
of manifest evil. We
can barely conceive of thinking to psychically injure
others so.

There are other secondary goals to terrorism. Any and
all of them are
the sickest imaginable. But the above is how
terrorists seek to cast
their net of "sickness" over all survivors and
victims, over the living---
by trying to deprive you of esperanza, fullest and
freely felt Hope. By
trying to limit your libre, your Freedom, your living
life as a
completely free person, shoulders proud, head up, mind
on goodness and love
for all and pleasures that bring peace and happiness.

The "post-trauma recovery list" contains the central
ways to proceed.
Here are some additional which are very specific: It
is peculiar to find
how strongly that poisonous net holds when one is
unaware of what it is
made of, and how easily it falls apart when one
consciously begins to
contradict its malicious urgings:

1) Refuse to dwell on what psychically depletes you of
hope,
contentment and ease. During post-trauma times,
sometimes an extremely difficult
or disheartening set of thoughts attach themselves to
us; almost like a
gang cruising around looking to harass someone.
Terrorists are counting
on this to happen to many. Refuse this set of
thoughts. Use the
discipline of your mind. Say to them, "f-off! and I
mean it!" If you are an
old believer like me, it is as effective to assert,
"Get thee behind me!"
My grandmother used to say, "Just because someone
presents you with a
dog poop on a pretty plate doesn't mean you have to
eat it."

2) Dwell in what strengthens you. For some it is
reading, others
physical activity, others, crafts. There are so many
things and combinations
of things. Remember, what brings you peace tends to be
the same as what
strengthens you.

3) Clean up your kitchen around food especially, (time
to give your
body what it needs for its equilibrium and best
strength now) . Do not
assault your own body by making it work extra hard to
throw off toxins
now.

4) Rest (real rest, even if only a few hours at night,
even if, like
many are, awakening many times in the night, do not
entertain "bad
thoughts," do not allow yourself to fall into a pit of
them. Think instead of
the greatest beauty and love you know, discipline your
mind to stay
with those images; they are medicine for what has hurt
you. The key words
are 'practice discipline.' If you do not know how to
discipline your
mind, think of how you train a beloved dog to stay and
heel. Proceed.)

5) Insofar as you are able, pick your endeavors
carefully. Now is an
opportunity to drop various endeavors that deplete you
or to join up with
people/matters/groups that invigorate.

6) Refuse to think you are less able than you were
last week. You are
not less. regardless of flaws, quirks or wobbles-- you
are in soul,
actually more shining than you were a week ago.

7) With regard to goodness and things that are good
for you and others,
do what you always do. Do not cease goodness or
pleasures that bring
good.

8) Continue to implement life dreams. If you don't
have one, you're
overdue. Get out your thinking cap.

9) Use your intuition to guide you through these days.
It will not fail
you. Some call this great gift that every person
possesses--insight,
some call it 'sense," some like us old believers, call
it guardian
Angel--which for me incidentally is no small little
feathery thing flapping
around, but more--sort of like a fierce-gentle Guido
with wings. (grin.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal Reactions to Loss, Injury, and Catastrophe

Over a period of time you may find yourself having one
or all of the
following reactions. These are normal reactions to the
kind of experience
you have had:

Physical Reactions:
- Fatigue
- Inability to sleep
- Sleeping too much
- Exhaustion
- Changes in appetite, digestive disturbances
- Feeling numb
- Crying
- Need for Comfort

Behavioral Reactions:
- Hyperactivity
- Poor concentration
- Inability to attach importance to anything but this
event
- Flashbacks
- Nightmares,
- Recurrent dreams
- Inability to remember
- Refusing to talk
- Feeling one should not cry
- Startle reactions while awake or asleep
- Isolating, wanting to be alone.
- Wanting to just sit, or just stare.

Psychological Reactions:
- Feelings of fear
- Feelings of guilt
- Feelings of helplessness
- Feeling one cannot stop crying
- Anger, which may cause the blaming of others,
outbursts
- Frustration with rescue workers, the bureaucracy,
anyone who tries to
help.
- Ongoing violent fantasies,
- Anxiety
- Depression
- Amnesia
- Thinking no one can ever understand, no one can ever
help.
- Blaming oneself.

These are NORMAL reactions, and although painful, are
part of the
healing process. There is not a lot anyone can do to
make you not experience
these feelings, but they will recede if you will take
the following
actions:

Actions to Take For Recovery

1) Within the first 24-48 hours, do strenuous exercise
coupled with
relaxation. This will alleviate some of the physical
reactions.

2) Keep busy, do not sit and do nothing. You are
having a NORMAL
reaction, do not tell yourself that you have lost your
mind.

3) Talk to people - talk is the most healing thing you
can do. Talk it
out. You may have to tell your story over and over
again, many, many
times before it loses much of its pain. Each time you
tell your story and
receive someone's caring, you will be healing
yourself.

4) Try not to cover up your feelings by withdrawing or
by using
alcohol. Talk your feelings out. As many times as you
need to. There is no
shame or selfishness in this. You have been through
alot.

5) Reach out to others. They really do care.

6) Spend time with others. Do not isolate yourself.
Ask other people
how they are doing. Remember they may be shy to tell a
stranger of their
burden.

7) Remember, each person telling their story over and
over is the way
to heal.

8) In the ensuing days, find things to do that feel
rewarding or
refreshing. These need not be big things, but things
to balance the tragedy
you have been through.

9) When you feel bad, find a person to talk to, and to
cry with, to
tell of your anger and other helpless feelings. Don't
keep it inside.

10) Your spiritual beliefs will definitely help you
through.

11) You definitely will be able to help yourself and
others better if
you will cleanse your feelings and accept caring from
others.

We all wish to be brave and strong in the face of
disaster. We all wish
to be looked up to for our endurance and our efforts
to help others. If
you truly care for humanity, include yourself in their
numbers, by
giving your own inner feelings the voice and the
dignity they so deeply
deserve.

Joanne D 09-27-2001 09:20 AM

Hey There

Memetoo- They went to a new server and it messed up a lot of people. My sister stopped in yesterday and we hope we have it taken care of. I think I must be slipping into getting "younger". I get all messed up with change. You ladies who can take the HRT have it made in more ways than one. I am subject to blood clots.
That's my 'excuse.'Good for you on saying no in the best possible way.
Candicej ,The flowers and yard seem to be one circle after another. Plant and pull up. Maybe you could hire a HS kid to help you until your arm is better.
Hello to Mima ,Happy and Ally.
Have you tried Fridays fried potato skins? With Cheese on them?I can think about them even if I can't eat them!LORD HELP ME!!
Bye...Joanne:wave:

Mima 09-27-2001 03:34 PM

Hi

I couldn't get on this morning! Had a better day in first grade until Jeffrey was swinging his backpack on wheels right into Steven's head. I don't know about Meme's but my toenails are hot pink like my nails. Or has my girlfriend would say-prostitute pink. Waiting to hear from my best friend who went to the dr's today for another pulmonary test. I hope and pray it's good news. Going to the chiro at 4-condo meeting at 6 and then to a friend's house if I'm still going.Talk tomorrow. Mima

Ally0306 09-27-2001 07:12 PM

Thank you for that post Candice.... I think I am feeling guilt for finally turning away from some of the stories. I can cry at the drop of a hat anyway, but during PMS I just get too upset.
I'll have to remember that about HRT.... I don;t need something that makes me hungry.
I do think it is hormone fluctation that gets me starving at times. Thought that might go away someday.....

Meme...is that the same Church that kicked out Ross? Maybe you should go and play something they aren't prepared to hear. Remember the movie The big Chill? When they played "you can't always get what you want".

Hi Joanne and Mima. I LOVE potato skins. I realize that I was way too happy that cheese was a protein cause I have been eating way too much of that.
I'm stuck at 10 pounds lost. I wanted to have 15 off before Oct 12 when I go on vacation.

MemeToo 09-28-2001 12:47 AM

No...different church. This is a little fanatical church that thinks no one's going to heaven unless they believe just like them. The other church is a huge church that doesn't care who's going or not! No...that isn't really fair...both churches have some good people in them I guess! Where are you going on vacation?

My toenails are Mulberry like my fingernails.

Hubby's BD is next Friday (Oct.5)...gotta go surf the net for present ideas!

Happy Canuk 09-28-2001 08:04 PM

Hello

Hope you people are all doing fine. The weather here is so beautiful I have been out enjoying it. I am feeling so good right now, that I truly am enjoying it. Have been walking down by the lake or in the City this whole week. That is really good for me.

If any of you are interested come on over to Friends. Ally, it is a spinoff of Clouds. There was so much fighting on Clouds, that Mosken and EBGirl decided to start their own site, and it is small but fun. You are all welcome. I would love to see you there. Come and have a read.

http://pub76.************/bsunshine35446 Hope that will get you into the site, if not, I will be back with one that does. No fighting on this one Ally, but we do have fun, and everyone cares about everyone else. Hope you come for a look.

have a nice weekend, and Mima, I hope your friend got good results. I also hope you are not worn out from this little job you have. Meme, why all the fighting for heaven sakes, it is church!!!

Hi Candice and Joanne.

Take care

Joanne D 09-28-2001 08:48 PM

Hey There

Happy -I am so glad to hear that you are walking.. I do that every day. I walk 3.5 and often 4 miles to the beach and then my hubby comes and picks me up.
My son came over tonight and we cut down a big tree that was just too big and overgrown. I wonder if I will be able to move tomorrow.
Hello to Abby, Mima amd memetoo. You all have a great weekend...Joanne

MemeToo 09-29-2001 02:00 AM

Anne...I know...dumb huh? That's why we left...too much strife and life's too short for fussing all the time!!! I have more than enough trouble keeping my own backyard clean without worrying about what somebody else has in theirs!!! You know, some days I just get tired of the human race and think it might've been nice to have been a golden retriever!!! Maybe I could've been walking down by the lake with you if I was a golden...who knows! Just lay around and let you pamper me!!! :devil:

Mima...how's your friend? Did she find out anything about her tests?

Candice...how's the arm? I just got a cordless mouse with the little wheel in the middle that let's you scroll without having to place the cursor on the side bar...it's really helped my arm a lot on the computer.

Joanne...hope you're not too sore from cutting down the tree! I can't hardly do anything anymore without pulling a muscle or something. They are just so tight. Some days it is even hard for me to turn my head. I broke down and cleaned my house today (couldn't stand it anymore!) then took a Darvocet and went to Wal Mart and got groceries and now I'm hurting all over.

(Now see...if I were a golden I could've just layed around all day...been served my food...taken to the bathroom by my owner...given fresh water...petted and brushed and told how beautiful I was and not even had to break a sweat! Tell me that wouldn't be a sweet life!!!!!!!)

Candicej 09-29-2001 03:14 AM

Well.I'm gonna see an orthopedic doc on the 9th and see what he says..if it just needs rest or more therapy or something else! I hate to go to new docs though...so much paper work to fill out and the opinion they have of you with Fibro is a hypocondriac which my over all Fibro is better than it has been in years and my arm really is somthing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:mad::(

My one Big Gold Fish is sick... so he is on antibiotics again..he is hiding in the corner with fin clamp, laying on the bottom of the tank and not eating well.

So cold here... I walked today and wasn't dressed warm enough so I'm kinda achey all over! My shins hurt too! The dog likes the cooler weather! I just had a hot cup of green tea with honey in it..supposed to be relaxing...well it's not working! :eek:

My buddies...today the dog licked my black cat all over his face and he let her do it! Ususally he runs from the dog! It was so cute!

Meme and Mima...I think I would like a color in between...but our church doesn't allow colored polish! They mean well but theya re way too strict!

Ally....cheese will plug you up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it but can't eat it to often or I find myself full of Sh**! :lol:
My mouse has a scroll wheel too! I for get to use it but it doesn't
help me much anyway!

Joanne..we hire my son to help but he lets me do most of the work and when I tell him to do more he says fire me knowing we won't but he is a good kid and strong..a weight lifter but he has all kinds of health problems asthma and allergies, really bad and sleep apneaso he doesn't have a lot of energy!

Happy..good to hear you are doing well! What ya doing in the city besides walking?

MemeToo 09-29-2001 04:28 AM

How do you give a fish antibiotics and what's a fin clamp?

You should do like I do about the paper work...I have a medical history on myself in the computer so when I go to a new Dr. I just update any new meds. and print out a copy. I have All my surgeries/hospitalizations first w/dates, places, reasons, Drs. etc. Then all the meds. I'm on, what for and how much and then the Drs. I am now seeing, where they are and their phone numbers last. (Takes up a whole sheet of paper!!!) I have it saved on a disc and printed out safe in a file, too so that way I never have to fill out paper work at the Dr. office. I just give them that and my Ins. card. They love it, too...because it is so much easier to read that way. They always tell me they wish all their patients would do that! I just go down the list of diseases that your close relatives have and check them off and then write "see attached sheet" on everything else! But I STILL hate going to a new DR. (Shoot...I hate going to the OLD ones!!!)

3:30 a.m. Going to try to get some ZZZZZZZZs. :yawn:

Mima 09-29-2001 06:57 AM

Hello

My post didn't post yesterday so here is an update.Condo meeting revealed that bookeeper wasn't paying bills so we almost had bldg. electricity and\water shut off. New person taking over. Bad. Conflicting information about the pulmonary disease of my girlfriend-her heart and lungs are ok-just the pressure in the echocardiagram which they are going to do over in Nov. So it doesn't sound as bad. We think my prayers helped-I was praying for a miracle besides God's will.Things can be in error-my sister-in-law was once diagnosed with ms and they wanted her to have an abortion which she didn't and she didn't have ms. Hey Meme-you are just too smart with your printout for the doc. Great idea!!!Finished my first grade stint-they are so much work and I made them work hard-recoloring sometimes. I am a taskmaster!!!But it was ok cuz I gave them lollipops.And I got a hug.Was so stressed out last night-I went for a walk and then watched 2 good shows on tv. I'm going to Northampton tomorrow and see all my friends that score the teacher test-working 4 days next week and 4 the week after. No little kids there.Been pretty good on WW.Let's see if anyone notices. Hi to all.Mima