Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 07:04 AM   #16  

Default Hello

Those posts were wonderful!!!!I'm still smiling. Ally-I love a product called Oxiclean-I got it for 5$ at Walmart. It took nailpolish out of my rugs. I use a ton of it . Also hairspray removes ink.That is so frustrating!!!!!!Haven't we all done that-like crayons in the dryer!!I am not losing-I am not concentrating on WW-someone yell at me!I eat too many points and I don't walk-I am stressed from working. At least I haven't eaten any of the stuff that's on the table in the teacher's room.And I have one more day and the other teacher is going to be there.I hope I have the rest of the week off.I need to walk with my aunt.The weather is warm again but it's nice.I watched a video last night-Angela's Ashes-so sad but I read the second book so I know his life turns out pretty well. Oh Ally-I soaked the rugs overnight.Have a good day everyone. Mima
Old 09-09-2001, 07:02 PM   #17  

Default Hey There

Oh my lord Ally You must have been in a rage. I heard that Oxie clean is good stuff although I have never used it. The poor guy must realy be feeling bad too. I wonder will the hair spray work after the dryer has dryed the clothes? I hope so. I always have my Grandmother words in my head. "Clean your plate,eat all your food, There are starving children in this world."No wonder I have a weight problem. I am trying to eat for the children of the world.
Mima ,I sure could not yell at you. I made burrittos and wings for supper. I did not walk either today. So I guess I had a "fat day" today.I must have needed it. I don't feel a bit guilty. That is a switch. I usually beat myself up when I do this. It is just lucky I don't have anything else around I can bolt down. My Husband loved Angelas Ashes. He likes some of that dark drama. We haven't read the other book that followed.
Love that recipe Happy and your poem Memetoo.
Hello Candice... Bye, Joanne
Old 09-10-2001, 05:22 AM   #18  

Just checking in..my arm is still bad..someone told my DH today that it took her arm six months of doing nothing to get better! On no.......I'll go crazy! ( in much less than that!)

Another view of the Hibiscus
Old 09-10-2001, 05:50 AM   #19  

Default Good morning

Hi everyone-it's Florida weather again on my last day of my 2 week stint.Then I'm subbing for the Jewish holidays . I'm not bored and that is a good thing.I went to the Sterling Fair yesterday and treated myself to apple crisp and ice cream but then I only had a 3 point supper and an apple. And then I took a 45 minute walk. Yeah Gail!!!Poor you Candyce. Joanne-tell your husband to read Tis-the sequel to Angela's Ashes. It's all about Frank McCourts life in America and what happened to his family. Talk about surviving poverty by becoming rich!!!Of course it took his whole life to do it. There's a lesson in there I think.Well-it's WW tonight and I think I'm down a lb but I may find it during the day. Be good everyone and be happy. Mima
Old 09-10-2001, 09:59 AM   #20  

Default Hey There

Mima...My husband had the book. Our daughter gave it to him. He told her to read it first. I don't know what happened to it since then. I don't think he has read it. He might have forgot about it. The movie didn't do so good. I think it was too dark.
It is cloudy here. It has been raining all around us. We need some of the rain the other counties are getting. Maybe today. My fat meals yesterday made me sick all night. I had chest discomfort from the rich food I am not used to eating. Oh well ,it was good while it lasted.
Candice, I hope you get relief before the cold weather sets in.
Hello all....Joanne
Old 09-10-2001, 07:54 PM   #21  

Hi Guys......After we went thru the load of laundry, the only big catastrophe was my son's Abercrombie and Fitch shirt that he paid too much money for. It is light yellow with a picture on it and I can tell that nothing will remove the stains. His brother paid him money for it as it was his fault and his pen. The rest of the clothes are wearable. I used nail polish remover in the dryer...almost passed out sticking my head in there.
I tried to do some fasting as I have hit a lull in my low carb dieting. I am going ot get on the scale on Wednesday and see if this pushed any more pounds off.
I could not control my eating last week pre period. This week I feel so much better.
Anyone watching football this year? Buffalo Bills lost, but they shouldn't have gotten rid of little Doug Flutie.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:39 AM   #22  

Default hello

Hi to all. I lost 1.2 lbs -not much-but finally after 4 weeks. I must have hit one of those plateaus. Walking with my aunt today-no work. there are lots of things to miss but already the TMj is almost gone-fibro is better-wheezing better. Glad to hear the updated laundry report Ally. Hey Happy-where are you.?How are you Meme?Candyce-feel better. Hey Joanne-you should take a trip to New England this time of year. Weather is beautiful and the leaves will turn soon.Anyhow-you have the best weathet in the winter and here is the worst.So what are you going to do. Wait I guess. Have a great day everyone. Remember happiness is an inside job. Mima
Old 09-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #23  

Default Hey There

Ally - You almost got a high you didn't want. Glad to hear the clothes were saved. I guess it was a good lesson for the boys. We have the Bucs down here. They won their game sunday. I was never a football fan till my G/son played in high School. I still don't understand too much about the game. If I don't quit fooling around I will have a gain this week. I seem to get hungry around 10 pm . I can't start that habit again.
Mima. That was a good weight loss. I only lost a pound last month. That was really luck. We have a lot of humidity most of the year. I have never been out of Fl. except for short visits . We are all waiting to see if we will get some serious storms this season. I hear the seasons up there are really nice to see. I am so used to this weather that I probably could not do well in the cold. My arthritis hurts all winter as it is.
I was into 30 min. of my walk yesterday and in hopes of walking off what I ate the day before when it decided to rain. I went under a shelter and waited for my hubby to look outside and discover the rain and come and get me. A park getting dark and raining is a lonely place to be. Not too safe either. He finally came after 20 min. I think I will adjust my walking schedule.
Hello to Candice and Happy. How is you week?
Bye Joanne
Old 09-11-2001, 06:51 PM   #24  

Default Hello

This is the day the world changed.

I have been crying for hours, as I know most of you must also be doing. It is a tragedy beyond words, so horrific it is umimaginable, even though we see it on TV. WHO, WHAT, WHY seem appropriate at this time. I pray that none of you had family or friends that were involved in the incidents. Today has taken away the basic rights that we ALL took for granted - Freedom, security - everything North America stands for. In a matter of minutes it is gone, taken by madmen for sure.

Please know that my heart goes out to each and every American at this time. I am so sorry that such a thing could even happen here.

Enough babbling for now, but I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you.

Ally, are you ok.

Anne
Old 09-11-2001, 07:30 PM   #25  

Hi Happy...don't worry...I am no where near the city. I am just sick today too. I am sick of a macho response of going out and killing someone in retaliation for this travesty. I need time to think and to get the facts. I don't want to kill anyone right now.
I can only pray for the families of those killed in NY and in those planes. I cannot imagine how their families can process this senseless loss.
It really makes everything else seem miniscule in comparison. I hear people singing God Bless America on TV and I sit here crying. My son doesn't understand this at all....I have gotten so angry at him for just being a regular kid today.
I hope you all are safe........
Old 09-12-2001, 06:41 AM   #26  

Default Hello

Hello. Ally-I am hearing that children process this differently-tehy see this in movies all the time so it must seem like fantasy to them. I'm glad I was home yesterday-it must have been hard on the teachers to know this but carry on with teaching. I'm sure that there will be a rash of bomb threats for a while. I range from sadness-shock and disbelief-crying for people who have lost people.I am going to Mass this morning-something I used to do but haven't-too lazy.I walked last night so I could sleep better.And I did.Things are going to change-When Pearl Harbor happened we didn't watch the bombing all day long and we weren't that close to it.I don't think about the devil much but I know now he is alive and worklng against the forces of good. I can think of no other way to understand this.I fly a lot but mostly out of a small airport nearby but I am supposes to fly out of Boston in January. I may rethink that.But then security will be tightened everywhere.I'll bet it was someone who had access to these planes-not just a passenger. Someone planted in the crews that clean-bring food-how could they bring weapons on if it wasn't . I'm taking up too much space now. Love and peace to all Mima
Old 09-12-2001, 01:58 PM   #27  

Default Hey There

Hello to all- I can't seem to get away from the t.v. This is so awful . I have a G/son stationed at Norfolk on the U.S. Truman. We couldn't sleep last night till we heard his ship was still in port. It is still not the safest place to be. We live 30 miles from Tampa and as everyone knows it is the strike command base in the U.S. Truely I am surprised that there were not more hits than there were. Thank God there wasn't.
This makes my worry about losing a pound very small. I feel that all Americans and people all over the world have the same sense of loss. Disbelief that something like this could happen.
See you all soon..............Joanne
Old 09-12-2001, 05:44 PM   #28  

Default Peace

www.icqgreetings.com/peace/peace_911.htm
Anne

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 09-12-2001 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2001, 06:20 PM   #29  

Angry Good Day All

Long time no post eh?-- thought the thread had died (happens a lot in newsgroups).. since the web was not sending me alerts any more -- but i was checking my fav sites and low and behold - new thread!

OxyClean - its the BEST stuff on the planet.. I have just had yet another success with it.. my carpets were stained from my cats -- they have digestive problems - and cat food stains somthing awefull.. I had tried tonnes of different products - spray and solutions in my Steam shampooer -- nada worked.. Gave in and tried the old stand by OxYclean... used the 1 scoop to the squirt bottle - hit every stain.. then added a scoop to the water bin in the cleaner - waited about 1/2 hour - cleaned - perfect - like new.. now these stains should have been 'set' by the previous attempts with hot water -- but no -- out they go!...LOVE IT -- i add a scoop to every load of laundry ( I have the catalyst washer that does a stain spin at beginning - so it gets spun thru with a little water in the load) and my whites are bright - and the various stains - chocolate etc - are gone..

Thanks for the info on spectra all!

Congrats on the wieght losses i am reading about!

I found something really neat a the eye doctor on mon -- a new 'experimental' imaging system.. they dilate your eye (like for the glacouma test).. and then use a special camera to take an 'inside' shot of your eye.. What you get is a round orange image - showing iris, vains Everything! its amazing.. they can then check for moles (on the inside) and compare your eyes changes over the years - this is especially important for diabetics or Fibros -- the eye doctor took one look at my images and stated my blood pressure is high - based on the veins- and to go see my family doc... amazing!

anyways -- that;s my update

Take Care all

visit my site (under construction as always).. hints and links would be welcome and appreciated... marylouswebtools.com
Old 09-12-2001, 07:52 PM   #30  

Ciara.....nice to hear from you again. I am having my eyes dilated but no camera involved. I will ask.
Joanne and Mima......tough day today, huh? I am feeling a little better. Yesterday I had so much anger in my soul. Today, I am glad to see the country united and to see wonderful acts of kindness all over the place.
Happy....I missed the link, but I would like that Peace.
Meme? You OK?????
No appetite, girls.
Closed Thread