Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #46  

Buying a new ladder is not an option. We tried that. She wants HER ladder. My cousin called and talked to her last night. She mentioned my name, and my aunt told her that I hadn't been there in ages. Amy questioned her, and she swore at Amy telling her that we hadn't been there during the day. I think we are out of luck with anything that makes sense.

Mima, I kind of wondered if Bob is getting grumpy since Tim is leaving. I show my emotions about him leaving by crying. Maybe Bob is just getting grumpy when he thinks of him leaving. Glad you found storage units! 10% off and on sale! Way to go!!!

Today was beautiful here. Low 80's. Went shopping with friends. Bought a few things, but not much. Butterfly pin, a book (Dave Barry), soap, lotion.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
Joanne and Meme, thanks for the hubby advice. I was reading your posts and seriously laughing out loud!! The dog was just kind of looking at me like I was nuts. I needed to laugh.

This afternoon we went to visit my aunt who is 93. She is hard of hearing, very stubborn, and very contrary. We were having a very nice visit. I was actually starting to relax. Then it hit. She swears up and down that my parents borrowed a ladder years ago and never gave it back. She wants it NOW. My dad passed away 9 years ago, and my mom passed away 10 years ago. I know my dad had plenty of ladders so they wouldn't have needed to borrow one. She brings this ladder up to everyone who visits. I am so tired of it. Today she called me a liar and a thief and told me I'm going to **** because of that. I was in tears. I really needed the laugh about the hubbys.

My brothers keep telling me to forget it, but we bought my parents house so we are the ones that she is accusing of stealing the silly thing or selling it when it wasn't ours to sell.

Does she have Alzheimers? My grandfather is just like that! He swears up and down my mother stole all of his papers like the house and land deeds and car title when my grandmother died. Really, I'm sure he just lost them. That place had 50 years worth of papers stacked in closets all over the place, some completely useless like Sears reciepts from the 60's! But years after my grandmother has been gone, he still says, "I don't know why she took those papers from me, I need them because [fill in the blank, usually something rather crazy and incoherent]. Did you get them from her yet?" I keep telling him there's nothing to get and my grandmother died years ago! He can't even remember my name, and doesn't know who I am on the phone (only in person where he can see my face and sometimes not even then, I have to explain to him who I am) but he remembers the tale of the "stolen" papers like it happened the day before!!!

He gets very angry too. We'll be going along just fine and suddenly he'd bring it up and then start wringing his hands and shaking his head and that mood will continue through the rest of the visit. I told him to call his lawyer and let his lawyer take care of it for him... but noooo, he wants the originals! There is no talking rationally about it, so I avoid the topic and tell him "I don't know" and try to change the subject.

Part of me feels really sorry for him and part of me really hopes that crap isn't hereditary!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #48  

I agree with Madscientist. I think you need to take a step back and see it in a different way. Not take it personally. It's like talking to someone when they are drunk-it's never going to make sense. Glad you went shopping Tammy. Men do not handle their emotions like we do.
It's beautiful here too. Going to try to start putting drawer pieces together. I put my computer desk together and half of an entertainment piece. It's good for my brain. Brad will start on rest this pm. he has a job this morning. I am taking Auntie to church and then we are going out to eat.
Have a good day everyone. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #49  

Tammy, don't let it bother you. It sounds like she is having some sort of dementia problem and it probably is Alzheimers, especially when she told your cousin she hasn't seen you for a very long time. Time means NOTHING to people who have Alzheimer's. They can become fixated on something and it will stay with them for a very long time. The thing is, if you gave her back her OWN ladder, she still wouldn't remember it and the story would remain the same.

Go visit her, stay a short time and dismiss the Tale of the Ladder!

Mima - enjoy your day. It is cool here, only in the 50's. A little tast of Fall. Heading back to hot next week. It won't be long before we see the start of Fall, with the color of the leaves changing. Usually sometime in mid August it starts. Hopefully, we will have a nice long, warm Fall. My favorite time of year.

Meme - good going on the weight loss. I need to pick up some protein shake stuff . That is a whole lot move food (and calories) that I normally eat, but I'll give it a whirl.

Joanne - I am working casual now, however, last month, I worked all but 4 days - not very casual. I am going to learn to do Drug Screens on Wednesday and Thursday, so wish me luck. At least I can still learn and retain information - sometimes better than the younger ones.

Ashley and I had a fun week. She is now back home and everything here is back to normal. Love those little people, but boy,they have way too much energy!!! Especially when mine is low

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #50  

I talked with another aunt today, and she feels like the older one is having dementia problems. She hasn't been to a doctor in years, and I know she won't go now. I need to put it out of my mind, because I know there is something wrong with her that she can't help.

Anne, it's hard to believe it will be fall soon. I love the leaves changing color. We have a small woods behind our new house, so I'm sure it will be beautiful in a couple months. Glad you had fun with Ashley.

I went with a friend to play Bingo tonight. It was a fundraiser for a local fire department. We laughed so much! fun!! We even booed people when then won! Aren't we bad? I won 2 times, and people booed me too. Even my friend that I went with. lol
Old 08-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #51  

That sure sounds like fun, Tammy.
Anne, when we work , we say we are trying to keep our brains functioning. I always feel better when I am done, knowing I can still function.
Put together one set of drawers, took me 2 hours. Brad did a closet in a half hour-oh well!!
Took Auntie to church and ran into an old friend-we are going to get together for breakfast with another person. we used to work together.
I love the fall-we will probably be around til almost middle of November so we will see it. Brad is getting busy with work. We need a roof so that is good!!!
I am scheduled to go into the Nursery at Brad's church. I can't lift anyone heavier than Keith but a 6th grader will be with me. They sure shouldn't put me in there again. I thought it was preschool. I have to get busy for the Fair at my church next week-gotta solicit!!! I have all the flyers out-just have to go collect.
Have a nice Sunday. Mima
Old 08-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #52  

Mima, sounds like you are getting pretty good at putting things together! I'll know who to call, won't I??? Yikes! You shouldn't be in the nursery! I know how I feel after lifting things, let alone wiggly children. Hope it went ok.

Church was nice today. The minister talked to Tim a while about leaving for school. Gave him a hug, etc. He told me that parents do survive. Their son left last fall, so he has experience.

Bob called from the old house. He was mowing, and a car pulled in the drive. The man got out and was asking questions about the house since he saw the sign. He and his wife currently live in New Mexico, but their families are around here. Bob ended up taking them through the house, and he said they seemed to like it. Anyway, while Bob was telling me this, I was thinking about a couple at church whose daughter and husband have been here from New Mexico visiting for a few weeks. It's the same people! They are going to contact the real estate agent, so hopefully we can get it sold. There have also been several people who have gone through it recently. We dropped the price to $148,900 from $155,000. Compared to other homes in the area, it's a steal. Not much is selling in that town right now though. The real estate agent ran an ad yesterday with the details about the house. This is the first time the ad has said attached 2-car garage plus another 2 car-garage with 2nd floor storage. Thought that might bring some calls. The only downfall is one bathroom. We had talked about turning the computer room into a master bath right off the bedroom, but never did. The man from NM mentioned doing that! Great minds think alike! lol
Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #53  

Default Hey There

Tammy- My hubby had a aunt like yours. Except she accused me of stealing her jewelry and some pieces of ratty fur.. well ,I was in her bedroom, at her invitation to help her with a dress, and say the things on her bed but didn't touch them.. She would yell at my hubby and sister-in-law for them to make me bring back her things.. This went on for months until she found them between the wall and her bed.. think how long it was until she vacumned the floor.Needless to say I never went into her house again. Her family put her in the Nursing home on the floor where I was charge nurse. She yelled for me daily till she died..I would go into work at 6.30 in the morning and hear her calling me.. I can tell you the other staff got tired of that.
We don't have the leaves changing colors so much here. I do love the cooler weather though. Just where you can turn off the a.c. and open the windows and air out the house.
Stll having a B/P problem. The Dr. doubled my med but it hasn't kicked in yet.
Hello Everybody...joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 AM   #54  

Joanne ... the aunt story is too funny. Had me laughing - I needed a good laugh!

Mima, how ever do you do all you do? I thought I was busy at times but seems you just stay busy all the time. Taking care of small bodies wears me out. Even now that my kids have gotten bigger they make me very tired. 'Course, about everything makes me tired lately. I've had a little more energy since I've been on this diet, though. Not sure if it's all the protein or the green tea pills (they're supposed to give you energy).

Tammy, that would be great if you could sell you house to someone at your church. Good luck. You sure did reduce it a lot.

Anne, I know it's a whole lot of food and I can't eat all of it, either. I usually don't. I wind up leaving off one of the shakes or some lunch or something nearly every day. Today I left off the afternoon shake. I didn't have any egg whites this morning because I ran out of eggs (that's easy to do when you're eating 6 a day). Hubby made breakfast so he made me a couple of pieces of bacon. I figured I've already lost 8 pounds so I fudged a little this weekend. I had some nachos and a diet coke at the fair last night - still lost 1/2 pound this morning. That was the first thing I had eaten or drank that wasn't on the diet in 8 days ... but that and the 2 pieces of bacon was as far as I went. I still have that wedding looming ahead next weekend!

Where the heck is Candice? Hey Candice ... I really like the Omega 3 stuff. I got a box of it from the Vitamin place you sent me. It's time for you to check in!!!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #55  

Good morning-I survived Nursery=I did it to help out my SIL but wondered why. The only good kid was Keith-what a doll. Bell wouldn't stay-Andre came in with his sister -he was sick and cried-I told her he shouldn't have been in there. Isaiah came in for a whileunder protest but he settled down. Then in came Sam-11 months-Dad said he would be ok but he cried and cried-I had to lift and hold him . thank God Dad saw this and went to get the Mom who stayed with him. So it ended up with one on one-had a wonderful 10 year old helping. Anyhow-I survived-not sure that is where I am supposed to be. SIL said next time I am scheduled I probably would be in FL.
Got half my storage units in br. Old bureau is in lr. Gotta clean out files and put the cabinet in attic or give it away. We put the air cleaner out on the deck and it rained-wasn't supposed to.
Brad's grandaughter got laid off from her job-she has a 3 year old. After she asked for prayer, after church people went over and handed her money etc. What a church. Plus I am sure people have contacts. Brad is going to use her to help him -she is strong and he hasn't been able to get someone to clean out cellar.
Gotta get busy. Mima
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM   #56  

Joanne, I hope your medicine starts working and helping soon. Take care.

Meme, we've talked about lowering the price a little bit more on the house if those people want it. Not too much though. We just want to get it sold. That diet is certainly working for you!! Keep it up.

Mima, glad you survived the nursery!

Not much planned for today. I was up at 6:00, went back to bed about 7:30, and woke up again at 10:15. I think I needed the sleep. Need to go to the post office. Seems like I'm there alot. Bob is finishing up the mowing at the other house, Tim is packing. I think I'll take some snippers and go out and snip some dead parts off of a couple bushes. It isn't really hot out yet, so I think I'll be ok. I meet with my Emmaus Share Group tonight at 6:00. If the whole meeting revolves around the one woman and her marriage problems, it is my last meeting with them.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #57  

Good morning-don't blame you about the Emmaus group-sounds like they are off track. It would be really great if you sold your house, Tammy.
We got the furniture all together and in the br. Now I just have a huge bureau in the lr.
Brad's grandaughter is coming to help him today-she just got laid off so he said she could work for him a bit-she's stronger than me, that's for sure. My daughter and her new bf may come to church with us on Sunday. Yikes. Oh by the way, this is another new friend.
Going to Gyn. and Chiro today. I think I will have an adjustment but also treatment for IBS=it MAY be working. Mima
Old 08-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #58  

The Share Group was much better last night. When the one woman started to monopolize the conversation, the others spoke up and said we needed to stay on topic. I felt good when I left.

I'm sure your grandaughter will be a big help to Brad. You don't need to be doing that stuff. Hmmm. another new friend,huh?

Off to the bank to order checks for Tim, then to the bd. of educ. office to discuss how my checks will be this year since I'll be retiring the end of Feb., then to the grocery, then who knows what else.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #59  

Everybody still busy I see. It's almost to hot here to do anything. The heat index at noon was 101! I put my poor dogging in the garage, her tongue was hanging nearly to the ground, bless her heart. I can't breathe when it gets like this. I'm just thankful I haven't had any customers today. I only have one student today, too. My afternoon ones cancelled for dentist appointments. Now I have time to finish my housework and iron.

Hubby is semi-mad at me because I bought him a suit yesterday. He needed a new black suit ... for the wedding (at least I felt like he did!) ... he didn't. He wanted to wear black pants and a sports coat. I want him to wear a black suit. The colors are fuschia and black. He is supposed to run the sound equipment. He has a lot of suits and sports jackets, etc. He always looks nice ... but his black suit is old ... so I got him a new one. He said I never do what he tells me ... So I told him to sue me! The jacket didn't fit ... he took it back last night (by himself) and got one that fit ... notice I said he got one that fit and not that he returned it!

As of this morning I have lost 9-1/2 pounds. Tried on the dress and it's actually a little loose. I went back to Penny's to see if they still had them. I was going to try on an 8 and if it fit I was going to see if they would exchange. They don't have them any more. They have all their fall stuff out already. Oh well. I guess I'll just wear the 10 and be thankful it isn't too tight! For some reason, I'm dreading all this!!! Maybe because it's all family?

I got my new glasses, too. Progressive lenses. They are almost making me sea-sick. I want to be used to them by the weekend but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Do any of you have those kind of lenses? They are smaller and different than anything I've ever had. I love them! Hubby said they make me look a lot younger. I'm not sure that's a good thing! He told me last night I have to stop doing stuff to look younger ... I told him I got plenty of wrinkles, he just wasn't lookin' in the right place!!! Wish I felt like a teenager instead of 90.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #60  

Hello to all of you.

Mima - Yikes, preschool, carrying all those kids around. I don't know how you did that! Glad Brad is busy, and has help, especially if you need a new roof! In a house, there is ALWAYS something and some expense. Don't miss it one bit!

Tammy - When do you start back to school? I hope not until the end of this month, but thinking it might be earlier. Well, I don't know what an Emmaus meeting is, but perhaps your group could direct this women to somebody to talk to. I am sure she needs support, but there is a time and a place.

Joanne - It is hot, hot, hot here. I am sick of complaining about the heat, but I really don't feel good when it's this hot. It's only 90 but for here that is almost unbearable. Some summers we never get to that temperature even. I would literally die if I lived in the Southern States.

Meme - good for you getting into a size 8. The thing I found was when I was in a size 10 I had a LOT of trouble getting stuff to fit, as I am 5'8". Either the waist was to short, the jackets sleeves to short. I always did best in a `12. Was that size for many, many years.

Worked this morning, and tomorrow, I am taking a training course for Drug Screening. That will give me a few more hours. I don't know I am excited about this or not. It's PEE and some angry people at times!!! I don't really know if I need this! I will see. If I don't like it, I won't take the shift.

Hope you are all having a nice afternoon.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote