Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #46  

Wait til you retire, Tammy, and you can bring all your teacher clothes there!
You wear different stuff when you are home all the time.
I was on a chat with a technician from McAfee and I downloaded a link he gave me-can't find it and I lost him . so I will have to go back.!!!!!
Mike made it to FIL safely. They had aproblem with the car-running terribly-people flying all over the place-found out that instead of rear shocks, they had airbags and they had deflated. In the rear. So no money!! Weird!
Angela went to doc and found out she may have a hiatal hernia-is on a bland diet-she doesn't really know too much about fat content-I told her to read labels and she was shocked. They are both very overwight. Anyhow-she feels better. Brad and I are the only small people in that side of the family.

Big-big shopping today. I ordered Brad's cake-brought his baby pic-that party is on the 23rd. Only desserts!
One party at a time!! It's going to be hot-everyone will be in the pool!! Bye Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #47  

Mima, I'm sure my closet will look very different once I take out those teacher clothes!! Hmmm. That means I'll have to go shopping to fill those empty spaces. Almost all of my dresses are jumpers or look like a teacher. The dress I bought yesterday will work for school or anything.

I can relate about being with the technician. It is so frustrating.
Glad Mike made it safely even with the car problem.
Wow, Angela must be in for a shock when she starts reading the labels. It's amazing what you learn when you start reading those.
Have fun shopping!

My plans for the day are ?????. How's that for being sure of things? I ran the dishwasher last night, so I guess I'll empty it today. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #48  

Hummm Labels. I usually look at calories and fat. Sometimes carbs and sugars for hubby ... diabetic. I don't buy a lot of stuff with sugar anyway. Just when grandkids are coming ... which is tonight (I baked brownies). You don't even want to know what the rest of my day holds. Or tomorrow for that matter.

Daughter's best friend's dad died yesterday. Funeral is tomorrow. She practically grew up in our home. Calls me Mama #2. So ... in addition to having son's kids in 2 hrs. I have to finish cleaning my house (which I've been working on most of the day) and finish wash, take kids out to eat with daughter and her kids then to see a movie (Super Man). I think my daughter is going to the funeral home first and getting her friends little boy and taking him with us (FIVE KIDS). Then tomorrow I'll still have my two, have to find somewhere to stash them during the funeral. Maybe hubby's parents can keep them for a couple of hours. Ain't life grand? I hope I make it through. Was with a customer a couple of hrs ago ... out in the 90 degree heat ... nearly passed out before I got back in the house. Not a good time for me right now. I'm sure my blood has dropped.

Tammy, how's the diet coming so far? I've done pretty good I think. No sweets. Nothing after dinner. I've replaced white potatoes with sweet potatoes and a little rice thrown in. I've been having grilled meat, green beans and salad w/ 1/2 sweet potato mostly at night. Had a turkey sub from Sub Way one night. I still drink a Boost every morning and lots and lots of green tea and water. I've been eating a lot of fruit and taking extra Vitamin C, too. We'll see come the first of the week ... if I don't blow it over the weekend. I'm bad to do that and we're eating out tonight ... and going to the movie where there is popcorn. Oh My! AND ... tomorrow night hubby is taking me out for our 41st anniversary which is Sunday. I'll really have to be careful. Remember ... we're in this together and I'm counting on you!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:45 AM   #49  

Way to go, Meme. Good thing you are not at cookout today-only thing to eat is chicken. Big shopping. I have spent so much money . Let's not go there-everyone spends money.
Brad went on a service call yesterday and instead of getting paid, he brought home a train set. That's the barter way of doing things. He is going to set it up for Evan-or is it for himself??? I told Evan-he said nothing-but when he got off the phone I heard him talking about it.
What a great day-hot. I only have to make the beans and put them in a crockpot, the rice and put that in a crockpot, and pre-boil the sausages. Brad has to fix the water heater . Not a good time not to have hot water.
Did I tell you all my grandchildren will be there. Want to get a picture-2 months to 18. 3 are step but who cares. I actually probably have 12 more step-granchildren but I am not part of their lives.
I would hate to be out in that heat, Meme.
Have a good weekend. I am reading Black-took me a while to get into it. But I am now. Mima
Old 07-15-2006, 06:44 AM   #50  

Meme, the weight loss isn't going anywhere! I weighed yesterday morning, and I was quite disappointed. I feel like the eating is better and so is drinking water. There isn't a gain, but no loss either. I'm sorry about your daughter's friend's father. I don't like the heat either. Yesterday was absolutely miserable. Hope today is better.

Mima, I love my crock pot. I have a new cookbook for it, so I need to start checking out the recipes. A picture of the grandchildren would be great. I enjoyed Black. Keep reading!! I'm finishing a book by Joyce Meyer. Only about 20 pages left, then I'll start something else.

Tim comes home from camp this afternoon. He doesn't know it yet, but he needs to go to work tonight. The boss is working at an auction all day today after working till closing last night. She wondered if he could come in for a few hours tonight so she wouldn't have to be there. We told her yes. I know Tim won't be happy, but she worked for him a couple weeks ago when he forgot to sign up to have the day off because of a doctor's appointment. They've been great with him since he has been gone off and on all summer, so I think he can handle working 4 hours tonight. She even said that he could bring his girlfriend with him and she could go on deliveries with him. That should help!!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #51  

Default Hey there

Went to eye Dr. yesterday. One of the Dr.'s was a crab. said she thought I just needed a change in glasses. I wish that was true..Surgery not till Oct.19 L eye and Nov.3 for R eye.Now I have to think about that for a few months. I told my sister I was sick of all the things I have to do.Getting"younger" is no fun. My G/son will be 27 this month. my G/daughter will be 25 in October.
We will go to N/Fl. In August. Our Daughter will be 50. Looking at these dates makes me aware of the years going by. I think,I need to get really involved in something deep. That will take my mind off of all the things I have to do.They say when a person retires that life is Grand. Well I find that I got too busy to see the Grand..
Meme,Tammy- You can lose the 5 lbs.. I am counting on you. maybe I will get motivated to do it with you..
Mima- You are so lucky to have so many G/children. I always wanted more.
It is hot here. We work outside some but can't do much in the heat. Yes, I agree,the train set was really for Brad.Men can be like little boys.
I like crockpots too. I am just afraid of getting too much fat cooked into the other foods. I should get mine down and look for some good things to cook. That way I can spend more time with other things.
Ok. I will quit rambling..Have a great weekend...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #52  

Crock Pots are great for low cal meals. So is the oven. I'm going to do a lean roast beef and roast a chicken next week. Should do us for about 4 meals.

I breezed through last night. Got a salad and a sampler at O'Charlies. Got my dressing on the side and only had half and gave away half of the sampler. Didn't eat anything at the movie. Went to Dairy Queen after for ice cream and had a small cone. Join us Joanne. It's just 5 pounds! We can do it! I've already lost 4 ... had to lose 9 to get into THE DRESS! When my daughter said is that all you're going to eat last night, I said I have to lose 5 pounds to fit in that stupid wedding dress ... she said didn't know you're getting married again, and laughed. But my family gets upset when I'm trying to lose weight. They think I'm too thin now. But I'm not. At 5' 9" I'm probably about right. I'm supposed to weigh between 145 and 160 and I weigh 155. Still ... I'd like to be on the lower end of the 145 ... my bones are small. The dress is a size 10! That's what I should be wearing. Half of my clothes are 10s and half are 12s. Just depends on who they're made by and how they are made. If I was down to 145 I'd probably be in a size 8. Hubby said he wasn't buying me any more new clothes! (Not that he bought many of the ones I have now!!!) I'm supposed to have a yard sale in a couple of weeks. Thinking about getting rid of my 14s, 16s, and 18s. Deffinitely getting rid of the 18s!!! Scared to let the others go ... don't know??? Thinking of gaining is scary and thinking of having to rebuy clothes if I do is scary.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:47 AM   #53  

Wow-what a lot of children there were yesterday. I guess the cookout was great-that's what people said. Of course there was too much food. The pool was a nice addition-lots of people went in the water-including me. It was so hot but we put up a tent and people sat under it. And I saw Evan-he was shy at first but then he was back to his old self. We will meet them for lunch at Papa Gino's even though I can't eat their food??? But they are going to a flea moarket near us.
Suzanne's boyfriend couldn't come-he has 2 ear infections and a sinus infection. She was very disappointed.
The beans were great-doctored them up in the crockpot. The only thing I ate was chicken and rice and a forbidden piece of cake!!
Now I am getting ready for Mike to be here Tues. and then Brad's bd party. And then VBS.
Gotta get ready for church. Mima
Joanne, I too hate waiting for surgery. Meme-I got rid of most of my clothes that fit me when I was heavier-when I gained those 5 lbs, I think it made me more aware that I needed to lose it to fit into my skinny clothes-just a thought. What is it like to be 5'9" -you don't have to stand on the grocery shelf to get food!!!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:31 PM   #54  

Joanne, I'm sorry you have to wait so long for the surgeries. Hopefully the time will go quickly. I don't like crabby people. There are so many great recipes for the crock pot. I had a cookbook once for lowfat cooking with the crock pot, but I can't find it since we moved. It probably sold at the auction!

Meme, I have never been to O Charlies. Maybe we'll have to give it a try sometime. I think you are going to get that 5 pounds off before I do. I weighed again this morning, and I'm still the same. I think I'm going to pull out my Weight Watchers materials from years ago. Maybe that will jumpstart me. I'm 5'8". I have always been bigger. My doctor told me that I am "big boned", so I'll believe him. I weighed 175 when Bob and I got married, and I looked thin. Weird, huh?

Mima, glad the cookout went well. I'll bet the pool was great!! It is so awful hot! Glad we have A/C. I keep taking clothes to the consignment shop. Some of the things I have had for years. One jumper I have I wore for my drivers license picture 2 different times (4 years apart), and I'm still wearing it. It's comfy!!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 PM   #55  

Default Hey There

Tammy- The wait fot surgery is almost 3 months. A long time..I am not a person that likes to wait.. My sight is bad and that makes it worse. It seems like it has gotten worse the last few months.
I want to lose 5 + lbs too. So far I am going nowhere. I just have to buckle down..With the IBS that I have been having lately I have not eat the salads and veggies I am used to.. I know that my nerves it making that worse. To think that just over a year ago I was walking 3-4 miles every day and now I need the motivation to walk 30 min.(1 1/2 miles) 3 times a week.
I will quit whinning and try to buckle down this week.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #56  

Joanne-you have to get the peppermint oil capsules. I don't know why, and don't know if it's them, but I am doing better. I even had 2 meatballs at Papa Gino;s yesterday. I also have a cup of tea with slippery elm in it, I hope you feel better-that is so uncomfortable. I haven't tried salads yet. I will wait. Someone made an awesome taco salad Sat. and I only ate my rice and chicken.
The girl across the street is coming to dust for me while I go get my acupuncture. Dust!!! My biggest allergy.
Saw Evan again-he is talking so good. He starts his sentences with your name. But he was awful at the flea market-wanted everything in sight.
Mike is coming tonight and we will sleep in the camper. With the dog!!
Bye for now-have to move everything so she can dust. Mima
Old 07-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #57  

Joanne, the frustration of waiting for the surgery and knowing that your sight isn't as good as it was has to be tremendous. I'll keep you in my prayers hoping that you can stay calm during the wait. Not being able to eat the vegies and fruits has to be a pain too. It's not easy dealing with everything, is it? I need to be doing more walking and getting back to the pool at the Y.

Mima, having the girl dust for you is a good idea! That has to help with your allergies.

My plans for the day: Go through some boxes and pitch and sort into folders. We have things at a storage unit, and we're going to go through them a box at a time. It was stuff we needed to get out of the other house before the auction, but we didn't want to take the time to organize then. I'm not so sure that I want to organize now, but I guess I really need to do it. Bob is at the old house mowing right now. Tim is organizing his stuff from Scout camp.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #58  

Good morning-I have been invaded . Loving it!!!! I had the chiropractor do the acupuncture for IBS and he put the needles in my KNEES!!! He also did my back-sure hope this works. We are going to the beach on Thurs when it will be cooler.
I wish I could get into the attic and clean more stuff!!That's when I wheeze. The girl did a pretty good job dusting and vacuuming-I gave her $20. I will have her come back and make sure she does the rungs. I saw what I thought was dirt downstairs-and it was MOLD!!!!!!!I cleaned it but I will spray it some more-that's how humid it is-and no air in the hall!!
Gotta get dressed-Al says hi!! Mima
Old 07-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #59  

Mima, get rid of that mold! Tim is throwing away his sleeping bag that he used last week at camp. Mold everywhere. He's had it since 5th grade, so he really was in need of a new one. I don't feel so bad. He plans to still do things with the troop when he's home from college. He also needs to take one with him because the band will be doing some overnight trips to games where they stay overnight.

Meeting a friend for lunch at 11:30. We're doing Mexican. I know I'll order a shrimp quesadilla. It's good, filling, but not overly filling. We're doing BLT's for supper. Bought some fresh tomatoes that I can't wait to dig into!

Hope everyone is staying out of the heat!!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #60  

Good morning.I have to throw the table away And the antique blocks. I am not cleaning it up. We went to see Cars yesterday and Evan was good. Hard to believe that he is only 2-he is so smart. Listens to stories and remembers. We will go to a playground today and then they have a storyteller at the library. We went to Salvation army and I got a nice dress for 5$. And a framed print. Bye for now-it's cooler.Yeah!! Mima