3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibro Thread 31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/8722-fibro-thread-31-a.html)

Mima 09-02-2001 07:29 AM

Hello

Happy Sept.2-I love this weather-Congrats Candyce on a lb.I want to go 3 lbs. under my goal but it hasn't happened yet. I flirt with a lb. Now you can see when you don't lose and have been exercising that it could be muscle that weighs more than fat.Have you thought about an MRI? They have new machines that you don't have to go in a tunnel. I think fibros rip muscle easier than others. I did 2 stress tapes yesterday to get my muscles relaxed because everything is acting up from stress. Including my ribs which I aggravated doing simple Yoga-AGAIN.I am a slow learner.I feel pretty good today-Want to walk a bit.Have a great day everyone-Meme is resting, Happy is serving coffee,Joanne is sweating,Ally is enjoying her weekend off-Am I right?Rest Candyce. Mima

Joanne D 09-02-2001 08:17 PM

Hi

Hi Everybody- Mema ,You got that right. I walked to the beach as usual this evening. It is 3.5 miles from my house. It is really hot. I can't wait for some of you guys to send me some cool air.
Candice ,I sure hope your arm shows some improvement soon. Mema has a point. Maybe you do need a MRI. Just to find out for sure what is wrong. Therapy does take up to 3 months sometimes to be effective.
My son got my plumbing work done . What a job. Now we have both the b/r and kitchun in good working order. This guy of ours has really got what it takes.
Hello to Memetoo and Happy Canuk...Bye Joanne:wave:

Candicej 09-03-2001 05:45 AM

Mima..you sound like a typical Fibro person! Stessed out and overdoing it!:lol:

Joanne.......That walk to the beach sounds nice..who do you walk with? Dh and I walked tonight with the dog. Been two weeks!

Now my right arm is hurting too..I think cause I'm over using it! :eek:

Mima 09-03-2001 06:05 AM

Happy Labor day!

Hi to all-it's going to be cooler to work this week. Last week was so hot-it takes so much out of you. The good thing about FL. Joanne is that everything is air conditioned. We only have the Kdgn. done but as they build new schools they are adding it. 5 days to go but who's counting?Walked yesterday-it felt good. Wish I was in FL. with my son-they were having a cookout on the beach. That's another reason I love it down there-we do family things-my kids here are single so far-but that will change someday. I am having so much trouble with allergies and wheezing. But I tried Allegra yesterday and it works good-doesn't make me sleepy. I became a cyber banker yesterday-I have an online acct. for my bank and I set up automatic payments on my computer. Need to do a couple more-it's awesome. That will be great when I'm in FL.And they don't charge for it!!!!!Saves stamps. Candyce-I hope you get some relief soon.Hi to everyone else. Mima

Joanne D 09-03-2001 09:48 AM

Hey There

Hi Candice- I walk by myself with my CD player. I pick music with a lot of energy It keeps me walking to the beat. I tried walking with another person and it did not work. Either they didn't want to walk when I could or they wanted to just stroll along and talk. I don't have enough breath to walk and talk too. I have been doing this for several years.
Mima - The air conditioning is good. The children and the teachers need to be comfortable to learn and teach. It is nice when family gets together. We will be quiet today. Take a ride and maybe do some shopping.
You all have a safe day.. Hello to Abby, Happy and Memetoo.
Joanne:wave: :angel:

Ally0306 09-03-2001 05:34 PM

Hi All. Haven't read your posts, so if I missed anything I'll have to find out tomorrow when I read this at work....
The Rocka nd Roll Hall of Fame was very interesting and I enjoyed it but my friend's 13 year old son got very bored and I felt bad for him. After he bugged his mother for the 50th time she just lost it and walked out in the pouring rain and we all got drenched on our way back to the hotel. I felt bad for him....my kids would have been bored too.
Then...my friend snores all night. I did not sleep for two nites. I was so scared that I would get a big fibro attack but except for a few stiff muscles...I made it thru.
I also had to steer clear of carbs although I was tempted. I stuck to seafood as salads but there would always be garnishs of potatoes or fries..... I held off til today when I went to lunch with my son and started eating the fries on his plate as the waiter was taking it away. I was overcome.
Haven't weighed myself.
Does anyone have a treadmill? I got addicted to them at the hotel. I went to look at them to buy and decided to pay off my charge first.
Happy Labor Day......hope you are all resting...

Mima 09-04-2001 06:14 AM

Hello

Hi there-Ally, I had a treadmill and a stepper-you can hang your clothes on the handles-whenever I buy things-I am enthused for the moment but then give up.I like walking outside and seeing things-I have stuck to that. I'd like to walk to the beach with you Jo-anne .And like yourself, I usually go alone and listen to my walkman. But I like to walk with my aunt -and go to lunch-the time goes by so quickly.Usually it's an hour and a half of walking-I miss that working but I'll go next week.Back to work-I had a quiet weekend-but it was good. Went to the mall yesterday and bought comfortable shoes to wear to work -I'm going to focus on comfort.I had an icecream cone while I was there.Hope everyone is fine.Another nice day here. Talked to my grandchildren on the phone-My stepgrandaughter went the wrong way home from school on the first day. She wound up in another town with no money but then found her way back.She is 13 and gets lost easily. Poor kid-she was trying to take a short cut.Maybe I'll see her next weekend. Bye Mima

Joanne D 09-04-2001 02:21 PM

Hi

I did it again.. Wrote a reply and lost it AHHHHHHHhh!!

Ally- I have a treadmil but seldon use it. I like to walk out. My hubby will use it about a week before he has a Dr. appointment. I told him that was so he can tell the Dr, he is walking.
Mima- I thought that the teachers on bus duty were there to make sure the children got on the right bus. They must have a different system up there. Down here the parents would be sueing the school board if that happened.
Bye.. Joanne:wave:

Happy Canuk 09-04-2001 02:28 PM

Hello to all

Boy what a busy weekend. The weather was fantastic and great send off for summer. My son arrived home on Thursday night, and my daughter and her husband and, or course, my granddaughter arrived Sunday. So Sunday and Monday were hopping in this house. The little one adds so much life - we sure enjoy her. Played cards, cooked, visited, shopped.

Meme - I seem to be having some kind of computer problem. All of a sudden it started freezing on me, and, since I rarely turn it off during the day, it goes into the 'sleep' mode, but it doesn't come out of it any more. I have to just turn it off. Is this something that I can fix by doing something, or something that needs a Mr. Fix It Computer Guy. I hope you got lots of rest over the weekend - the problem with that rest is, that you will probably be even more tired today.

Candice - Stop using your arm!!!!! I remember when my son was about 2. My arm was so sore - it just throbbed away. It was in the upper arm, between shoulder and elbow. Had a bone scan done and it was a torn ligiment. Painful as all get out. It was also my right arm, and I am right handed. Everything I did irritated it. This went on for several months - had pain killers, muscle relaxants etc and nothing worked. How many can you take when looking after little ones? The following year I had to have a hysterectomy and for those couple of weeks when I didn't use it, the pain cleared up and went away. Funny thing is, that when my arm hurts now, it is back in the same place, but not with the intensity of pain that it had then:lol:

You did say you had acupuncture didn't you? Another time, same arm, I couldn't move my arm, from hand to elbow. Not painful, but just couldn't lift it up. Went for acupuncture, and he put a needle in my shoulder and I have never had trouble with it since.

Joanne - I will join you in your walk to the beach. I am going tohead out soon and do the same thing. I love walking along the lake - the scenery is so beautiful.

Ally - Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Good girl for staying on your eating plan.

Well, better go and do something. Have company coming for supper tonight, and then my girlfriend is coming tomorrow and staying until the weekend. I have know her since I was 5 yrs. old, so I know we will have a really good visit.

Take care everyone. Enjoy these wonderful Fall days.

Mima 09-05-2001 06:28 AM

Hi

I'm a little late today because I slept so well!Had a dream about my husband and the house I sold. Whenever I dream about him, I feel comforted. Joanne-Jessica walks home from school. She lives too close to take the bus. I sent her to the library one day and she came back and said she couldn't find it. That's Jessica. She's the one I want to fly down to visit me in Florida but it would be a direct flight and I would be right there at the end. Someone has to be right there at the beginning, Hope so. Had a good day at school yesterday-4 to go. Out to eat tonight with some teachers. Have a great day guys.Mima

Joanne D 09-05-2001 09:50 AM

Hi

Good Morning...
Happy Canuk, I just love your kitty. I don't know how to add these things to the messages .I do enjoy the ones you and the rest of the nice friends add. I take my walk everyday. I feel that is my time . Yesterday I had a short conversation with some ladies that I have been passing on the beach. We always wave but don't know each other. They are greek and don't speak a whole lot of english. Never the less since I have been around greek speaking people all my life There is no problem for me to understand their broken english. I also have been married to one for 48 years. He is a retired school teacher. Maybe , we will become passing friends.
Mima, I have often heard that that loved and unloved people visit us in our dreams. I often have dreams of that nature. My daughter tells me often that Jeanie ( my sister-in-law) visited her on such and such a night. She died of breast cancer some years ago. My children dearly loved her. And she them. She never had any children.
Hello Candice. Take care of your self and know we are thinking of you .
Hello Memetoo and Ally... Bye, Joanne:wave: :angel:

MemeToo 09-05-2001 02:45 PM

Don't Post Here!

Go To Fibro #32!!