Hoodia? anyone?

• Does anyone know about Hoodia on a personal basis? I've seen it advertised and it seems almost too good to be true? I'm diabetic and have lots of other health issues besides food allergies...I break out in fat! I was on a very strict liquid diet but after 2 months and 40+ lbs lost...I couldn't seem to lose any more. I've gradually started back on food...I'm still doing the liquid for breakfast with low calorie snack at lunch time and a huge salad for dinner. My blood sugar has been staying down...remarkable..considering the drs have taken me off all my diabetes meds. But, I'm still not losing any more weight and I'm so tired I can't seem to accomplish anythig.

I'll be seeing the dr tomorrow and I know he's going to be very disappointed in me. I started the diet Jan 17 and have not lost nearly what he said I should in this amount of time.

Anyway... I would like to find out if anyone has had experience with Hoodia. 3 months ago the dr didn't know anything about it although I've seen it advertised in magazines and on the net.

Thanks.

Teri
  • I asked my doctor about it and he said he saw no real problems with it for occasional use. I take it when I'm craving something Naughty (which isn't really that often) and it takes away my desire to eat *at all*. I haven't noticed any damaging side effects... it does seem to give me an energy boost, though .
  • I am taking it now and have no side effects...no hunger at all! My problem is mindless grazing and it does nothing for that. I am not physically hungry, but the trips to the kitchen have never been about physical hunger for me it's emotional eating that's getting to me!!
  • I know nothing about this, but I wouldn't mind trying it. I have read about it.

Congratulations on that weightloss. 40 Pounds in 4 months and a bit is great. Your Dr. is unrealistic. That is a safe weight loss. Just keep going. You have probably reached a plaueau.
  • I tried it (in the name of science!) and it didn't work.
  • Any "hoodia" advertised in the US isn't real hoodia. I am not sure when real hoodia will be introduced but I also read it won't be in pill form.

One thing that I have done to curb hunger is taking psyllium husk in the morning. The fiber is filling and makes me even throughout the day.